What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Night - Your thoughts

Exsilium

Coach
I think LU should get a vote every week. Imagine the chaos

“That f**ker was clutch. Rewarded me with a week of sadness but he has my vote”

Scootsie

Juniors
Shocking that the NRLW players have to endure receiving awards named after men. Degrading, sexist, mysoginistic, patriarchy.. all good words.

And why are their male +1s dressed neck to ankle? The +1s are supposed to wear a revealing, skimpy outfit on the night of nights.

I'm fuggen disgusted with the whole shit show.

That’s interesting. My wife asked me why they have to carry a trophy with a blokes on it. I tried to explain how new the NRLW was and she gave me the stare and said ‘It takes a week to make a trophy’.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think this is probably the first team of the year in a while where I actually agree with every one of them

I almost forgot it was on to be honest, not a lot of hype leading into Grand Final.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That’s interesting. My wife asked me why they have to carry a trophy with a blokes on it. I tried to explain how new the NRLW was and she gave me the stare and said ‘It takes a week to make a trophy’.
Tell her it's because they are paying tribute to the men that built the sport to where it is. It's called respect

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ivan Cleary has made the last 5 GF’s, winning 3 in a row could be 4. Amongst the Salary Cap era unheard of, yet can’t seem to crack a Coach of the year award.
As has been pointed out he won in 2014 and 2020 and probably will win it again, but it's worth noting it's coach of the year, not coach of previous years, and it covers the regular season of a single year, not finals, GF's or multiple years.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Even with the "In memoriam" piece they did. I don't have a problem acknowledging players, referees, coaches, fans, and even media who've passed away but it should always start and end with players. It shouldn't end with media who've passed like it did last night (and those who were there were all highly liked and respected). At the end of it, this is about the players.
Especially when buzz' liver gives up... a passing comment will suffice.

Wb1234

Immortal
Steve Chriton receiving his award in a beautiful suit together with sneakers

Not sure if he had socks or not

soc123_au

Staff member
Greatest coach of all time? B/S. I'd nominate both Jack Gibson and Wayne Bennett in front of him. Gibson never lost a GF as coach, winning 5 out of 5. Even taking out Super League from the equation, Bennett coached his teams to 6 Grand Final wins in the NSWRL/NRL from 7 attempts.

I'd even say possibly Norm Provan ( 4 GF wins from 4 attempts) and Ken Kearney (5 GF wins from 5 attempts) may be better than Cleary as a coach. Cleary' coached teams have played in 5 NRL Grand Finals to date (the Warriors in 2011, and the Panthers in 2020-23) and only won 3 of them.

Also, unlike Cleary, both Bennett and Gibson coached their respective teams to win the World Club Challenge, something he has yet to do.

He may surpass both of them by the time he finishes his coaching career, but to call him the "GOAT" at this time is ridiculous.
You know he was taking the piss, yeah?

Latest posts