What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M player of the year 2008 - clear as mud

Loudstrat

Coach
Thinking about this - I'm wondering if the favorites might be people like Soward, Campese, Menzies, Kidley, Gallen (with Bird now out), Campbell or Tongue?

The normal suspects - Thurston, Bowen, Prince and Heather - have had long injury time. Dunno about Cam Smith. Can't think of a standout at this stage. Brett Finch?

Serc

First Grade
Slater?

And what were the points standings before it went behind closed doors?

Serc

First Grade
Ah yes I'd forgotten about Slater getting suspended - Orford for mine then.

T

Juniors
If campese can get 4-6 points in the next two weeks against the dogs and cows i think its his, If not slater

bluey

Bench
Slater i think drops 3 points for the suspension but i think he will still have enough runs on the board

legend

Coach
I heard Warren Smith say as at round sixteen (when voting went behind closed doors) Campese was on six points and by their reckoning had polled at least 15 points since then. This was said at least two weeks ago so he probably polled at least another five points so he would be in the top three at the moment.

What about Inglis?

Campo probably left his run too late meaning that overrated hack Orford will win it this year.

andrew057

First Grade
After round 16:

LEADERBOARD

19 - Matt Orford (MAN)

16 - Feleti Mateo (PAR)

15 - Billy Slater (MEL)

15 - Braith Anasta (SYD)

14 - Danny Buderus (NEW)

14 - Cameron Smith (MEL)

14 - Scott Prince (GCT)

14 - Jamie Soward (STI)