What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M player of the year 2008 - clear as mud

Eels Dude

Coach
Slater would have to be up there... wouldn't mind seeing a fullback win for a change either. Orford's form has been down the past month, and Mateo missed several games through injury as has Prince. Going to go right down the wire I think this yr.

legend

Coach
Does Slaters suspension count against him though?

Campese has an outside shot if he can poll six points in the next two games. I still Orford will fall over the line.

petetheileet

First Grade
i think Orford will find it a bit tough as the Manly forward pack of Kite, Stewart and Perry finally started getting some recognition once the doors had closed...

and thats the way dally m points are given...they are mostly given to the buzz players of the moment.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I heard Warren Smith say as at round sixteen (when voting went behind closed doors) Campese was on six points and by their reckoning had polled at least 15 points since then. This was said at least two weeks ago so he probably polled at least another five points so he would be in the top three at the moment.

What about Inglis?

Campo probably left his run too late meaning that overrated hack Orford will win it this year.

How is Orford overrated? No one rates him, in fact he is constantly bagged out, and has never played rep footy. He was playing well in the 1st half of the season but has been down on form over the last month or so (besides the last game against the tigers where he played well).

I think Slater will get it and his form deserves it, however I can't stand him and hopefully that fight he started costs him.

Heighington will be right up there, but it could be the second year running that our ineptitude has cost one of our players the Dally M Medal.

MSIH

Bench
Orford won't get any credit if he takes it out. Instead it'll be the old "The Award doesn't mean anything if Orford wins it".

To the tard who reckons Campese should get it over the "overrated hack", what was Campese doing while Orford led his team to another Top 4 and likely Top 2 finish?

4 weeks of solid footy from T Campese and suddenly he's the premier player in the game. Lets see how he goes against quality opposition.

schnitzel

Juniors
What about Gidley? Was on 10 and has single handedly won games for Newy in last 10 rounds. I reckon he could have picked up as many as 15 points...

Monk

Referee
it's a waste of time unless slater wins it.

if anasta can get 6 points then he will come close.

perverse

Referee
What about Gidley? Was on 10 and has single handedly won games for Newy in last 10 rounds. I reckon he could have picked up as many as 15 points...
if gids did get it, he would be one of a couple of blokes who thoroughly deserve it... he's definitely been one of the form players this year.

my pick is still slater, he's been on fire all year.

Apey

Staff member
gidley has been out injured a few times hasn't he? I can't remember, I have a sh*t memory... I don't think he will get it either way though.

I'd say Orford or Slater.

Juniors
i cant believe people are writing off kurt gidley, i think its between him, slater, orford and cam smith, cam has hit his straps as of late, also inglis has scored like 10 tries in his past 5 games, he would be racking the points up late, mite be a shot, only problem with melbourne and the Dally M award in general is thats its tough to win when ur in a team of great players, coz the points are usually shared, unlike a johnathan thurston at NQ with no real competition outside bowen

effnic

Bench
I heard Warren Smith say as at round sixteen (when voting went behind closed doors) Campese was on six points and by their reckoning had polled at least 15 points since then. This was said at least two weeks ago so he probably polled at least another five points so he would be in the top three at the moment.

What about Inglis?

Campo probably left his run too late meaning that overrated hack Orford will win it this year.
Oh ffs stop your f**king crying, and how is Matt Orford overrated when no one rates him, your a f**king mod and dont even read the forums, nice one.