What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Dally M Race 2021

The ceremony was terrible but the result was right; well done Turbo. Never seen a Dally M race where there is so little controversy about who wins. Turbo first, daylight seconds this year.

Zadar

Juniors
Fox Sports just crossed over to get a preview of the Dally M night.
They’ve employed excitement machines in Jake Duke and Corey Parker to do the commentary.
I can’t express how pumped I am! I mean if you want to add interest and excitement to an event, these two would be the first on your call sheet.
Well done Fox.
And? So what. Give it to the Titans captain least they improved.
Who is the titans captain?

Wizardman

First Grade
It is the most dominant season I have seen from a player in my time of watching rugby league. To think that he polled as many points as he did from only 15 games.....no controversy and fully deserving. Im not a Manly fan but I hope Tommy T's career continues to be as great as this year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It is the most dominant season I have seen from a player in my time of watching rugby league. To think that he polled as many points as he did from only 15 games.....no controversy and fully deserving. Im not a Manly fan but I hope Tommy T's career continues to be as great as this year.
Yes he did beat up on bums

The_Frog

First Grade
How Joey manu is not one of the top 2 centres is baffling.

Did Justin Olam get it because the Storm carried on about it??
Olam and Manu were the players choice centres. I think Matt Burton would have been as surprised as anyone to make the team.

forby

Juniors
It is all subjective. What one person sees as a MoM performance is another’s 5/10.
Burton had a very good season. Perhaps Manu playing out of position didnt help.

yobbo84

First Grade
6 Panthers, 2 Storm, 1 Rabbitoh is a strange ratio for team of the year considering they all finished within 1 game of each other

How Joey manu is not one of the top 2 centres is baffling.

Did Justin Olam get it because the Storm carried on about it??
Shhhhh; we aren’t going to mention Joey during GF week. Don’t want to remind people of that ‘incident’ when Fox League/Murdoch press can have a full week of stories about how amazing and angelic Souths are, as well as a few obligatory ones about how unlucky Latrell is to be missing the game, and how much he is helping his teammates.

Manu fully deserved to be in it over Burton. Maybe if you were just looking at the first half of the year Burton was very good, but he has looked tired and lacking confidence since he had his few weeks in the halves. Manu was amazing all year he was out there.

Serious question; do you think the fact he played some games at 1, 2 and 6 (as well as missing the last week) counted against him in the centre of the year conversation?

6 Panthers, 2 Storm, 1 Rabbitoh is a strange ratio for team of the year considering they all finished within 1 game of each other
I think Burton (for Manu) and Kikau (for any number of second rowers) were probably lucky. Some would argue that Kikau wasn’t even in the best two back-rower at the Panthers this year.

I think that Cleary, Yeo, To’o and Fish were all quite deserving. Lock was a hot field, and others could have won it (I would have gone Dale if he played more games) but I am sure few could argue that Yeo isn’t deserving.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Burton (for Manu) and Kikau (for any number of second rowers) were probably lucky. Some would argue that Kikau wasn’t even in the best two back-rower at the Panthers this year.

I think that Cleary, Yeo, To’o and Fish were all quite deserving. Lock was a hot field, and others could have won it (I would have gone Dale if he played more games) but I am sure few could argue that Yeo isn’t deserving.

Team of the year is decided by votes in positions isn't it? Not necessarily who are the best players in the positions.

So a few standout games with a bunch of shit ones could poll quiet well while a good season without man of the match performances might not if you are in teams where studs like Walker, Mitchell, Turbo etc. Are dominating points every week.

That's the only reason I can see Kikau making it. He has had some great games.but his terrible ones don't really hurt as there are lots of great second row performances around the comp that probably don't get points at all.

blaza88z

Coach
Joey Manu might have a broken face but he's just fallen on the floor after hearing that Matt Burton is one of the Dally M centres of the year, he might've done damage to the other side of his face as a result of it.

Kikau? okay probably not the best choice there but you can at least say at times he is unstoppable, Matt Burton? He's the Nathan Merritt of the centre position, fair dinkum.

wittyfan

Referee
Looks like they've cleared up somewhat.
Still there though.

Burton winning ahead of Joey Manu is laughable.

Crater Face failed to win it again! Will the drunk one call for a revamp of the points system like last year when Wighton was a deserving winner?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Joey Manu might have a broken face but he's just fallen on the floor after hearing that Matt Burton is one of the Dally M centres of the year, he might've done damage to the other side of his face as a result of it.

Kikau? okay probably not the best choice there but you can at least say at times he is unstoppable, Matt Burton? He's the Nathan Merritt of the centre position, fair dinkum.

Wasn’t a great year for centres I mean Gagai made the list despite being nothing more than okay.

Biggest howler was Murray not getting picked anyway. Garrick ahead of Johnston seems ridiculous when he’d have got all his Dally M points when playing FB basically