What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M....

And another thing...there is the Ricky Stuart Award for "kicks in general play"....is it me or does that just seem like a totally lame award??

Can understand metres gained, most tackles, try assists but kicks in general play????

half

Coach
i hope hindy will win, but the buzz is around finch and buderus

even so, he's got second rower of the year wrapped up, surely

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think Finch was overshadowed by Freddy in the last game and Matt Orford was rested.

Hindy would have definately picked up votes in the Chooks game

I think he is a good chance

Adam Spadam

Juniors
even so, he's got second rower of the year wrapped up, surely

haha I wouldnt be so sure, Fitzgibbon and Crocker will be well in the hunt, and lets not forget Chris Flannery! :roll:

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
i think hindy should pick up dally m.. hes certainly done everything to deserve it!

and im my eyes has been steadily getting points basicaly everygame.. so u never know

strider

Post Whore
unfortunately i think his form dropped off a little towards the end of the season :(

bradeel

Juniors
it shouldn't matter that Hindy was playing in a side that finished 12th on the ladder. he has basically polled points in games we lost and polled points in games that we won, and where other teams have other key players who would take points away from the star player on a good day, he has been head and shoulders above his teammates every week win or lose. Players like Miniciello, Fittler, Cross, Morley, and Fitzgibbon hopefully took votes away from Finch. Buderus on the other hand is in the same boat as Hindy i reckon - head and shoulders above his teammates in a side that has struggled.

hope he gets the recognition anyway. he deserves it.

MitchEel

Juniors
i'm pretty sure they are on tonight on fox sports

Anyway i think Hindy Deserves it but Finch will get it for 2 reasons.
1. He plays for the rorters
2. Halfbacks always win the award.

It makes no sense the Dally M's because if you were the "best player" in the comp, shouldn't you be an automatic in the test side? eg. Preston Campell 2001

ParraMatt

Bench
yeh you would think so. They are on at 8.30 on Fox Sports 1. Same time as the O.C. :(

I'll be taping the O.C. :D

Eels Dude

Coach
Twizzle said:
Hindy would have definately picked up votes in the Chooks game

I highly doubt that. When looking at a 48 - 10 scoreline, the Dally M judges are likely to give the 3, 2, and 1 points all to the winning side. And rightfully so really. Despite the fact he played well, i'd be very surprised to see Hindmarsh pick up any points in the last round.

It would be good to see Hindmarsh win the award though, not just because he is an Eel, but because it would be nice to see someone other than a halfback be awarded the top honour. I understand it's the most important position in the side, but do they have to win it every single year?

Utey

Coach
Lets face it Hindy hasnt been great the last few games. If he had kept going he surely wouldve made it. But i doubt he will win. :cry:

nöyd

Staff member
Are these guys happy to be winning awards or are they always the saddest sons of bitches walking god's green earth? "Congratulations Steve Folkes, you've just won Coach of the Year." :( :( :( You'd think they just ran over his dog, for f**k sake! "The Provan-Summons Medallist is Darren Lockyer". :( :( :( "Second-Rower of the Year is Nathan Hindmarsh" :( :( :(

Cheer up will ya's!! Or does it take a few beers first?? :roll: :( :(

nöyd

Staff member
Well Hindy won 2nd rower

Lockyer won Provan-Summons medal for the People's Choice (or whatever it's called)

Folkes won Coach of the Year

Fitzgibbon won Rep Player of the Year

Hunt won Rookie of the Year

Minichiello won Fullback of the Year

Steve Price won Captain of the Year...