What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M....

nöyd

Staff member
Billy Slater just won the Peter Frilingos Memorial Award, dunno what for though :?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eisen said:
Billy Slater just won the Peter Frilingos Memorial Award, dunno what for though :?

This was somehting to do with the news event of the year, whihc was his SOO effort.

half

Coach
better than finch i guess

congrats to hindy for being swell. he's the true best imo

Hurriflatch

Referee
A knight had to win some award

I'm surprised All of Newcastle didn't vote 20 times each for Bargearese Joey to win peoples choice.

PJ Marshal

Coach
I can't beleive Andrew Johns didnt win the Provan Summonds medal

let alone the Frillingos Headline Award for his knee injury

its a shock to my system but they made up for it with a Newcastle Dally M Player of the Year

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was happy to see Buderus win it, especially playing in a busted side each week, like Hindy he had to the sheer bulk of the responsability virtually all year.

10 tmes better than Finch!!

congratulations Danny :clap:

Eelementary

Post Whore
AlexTheEel said:
I dont think it will be possible for a player from the 12th placed club to win it.

That should make it even better.

It's supposed to be the "Best and Fairest" Player of 2004, whether they finished 1st or last.

Hindmarsh played the Test match - he dominated.

Hindmarsh played the three Origins - he dominated.

Hindmarsh played all club games - he dominated.

He and Buderus should have been the only two players considered,and given our team's fortunes and all the crap that happened this year, Hindmarsh should have easily won it.

He overcame adversity - the sign of a true champion.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fitzgibbon the Rep Player of the Year?

WTF?

Origin 1 - Hindy and Fitzy played excellently

Origin 2 - Hindy and Mason

Origin 3 - Hindy and O'Meley

Plus Hindy was great in the Test too.

Fitz tends to drop the ball and go missing.

So how the hell did he get Rep Player of the Year?

OH I almost forgot he's a Rooster.

The Colonel

Immortal
I find it hard to understand how in a losing team that Buderus can poll points while Hinndmarsh who was consistently our best outside of Wade all year polled 4 points in the last ten rounds - 1 point v Panthers and 3 points v Sharks. The bighgest error IMO was the Origin and Roosters game. Surely he would have polled points in one of those two.

:-k

Eelementary

Post Whore
MINICHIELLO Fullback of the Year?

WTF?

Patten, Hunt, Slater, Peachey, McKinnon - HODGSON probably deserved to win it.

Hodgson is 3 times the player Mini ever will be.

I think this is the proof we all needed - the Dally M's are a biased joke.

The Colonel

Immortal
The problem is that the points are awarded based on the opinion of one judge during one game - the problem with many of our games Gary Freeman was the judge. :roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's disgusting though.

Surely McKinnon and Hodgson deserved it more?

In fact I'd give it to Hodgo because he played the whole year, whilst Wade didn't.

But these two were EASILY the best fullbacks all year round.

So they give it to, "I'm the Italain Stallion who can't even pronounce my Italian surname correctly and I think I'm a 5/8-cum-fullback so I'll copy Lockyer's game" Mini.

Oh and people - if you're going to call him Italian, sasy it right: M I N I K I E L L O.

"Ch" in Italian is a hard 'k' sound.

Suitman

Post Whore
The awards are a fair dinkum joke.

I mean really........how did Wagon or Corey Pearson NOT EVEN GET NOMINATED for 5/8th of the year?? ;-)
Suity

Avenger

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
The problem is that the points are awarded based on the opinion of one judge during one game - the problem with many of our games Gary Freeman was the judge. :roll:

Right on Colonel. Freeman is a c*ck

Latest posts