What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M's

Adam Spadam

Juniors
Surely Hindy must be a good showing for the big one next week!

Brett Finch was leading when they went behind closed doors, but I dont think there's been a more consistent or better player than Hindy this year.

It would be some achievement, considering how it's often halfbacks who win this award...

Eels Dude

Coach
That's the thing though, a halfback in Finch will probably win it again this year. Hindmarsh is right up there though, and the last 3 weeks will surely put him in the running. He'll be second rower of the year without a doubt.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
this game is heaps important to then if hindy out plays finch, the points could be critical.

goo hindy :clap: hate to see that little bucktooth freak get it :oops:

Suitman

Post Whore
Hindy deserves to win.

Take him out of the Eels = wooden spoon.

Take Finch out of the Roosters = still vying for minor premiership.

Hindmarsh contributions are priceless.

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
They will give it to Finch

a) He is a halfback
b) He plays for the Roosters

Hindy deserves it more but Finch will get it

Best way to get Hindy an award other the 2nd rower of ther year is to flood the voting for the Peoples Choice award

Trust me Knights fans will do it so don't be surprised to see A.Johns take out the awardx.

The Godfather

Juniors
The Dally M's are the biggest wankers awards.
(And I am saying this BEFORE we know who wins)

The only real award is the Rugby League Week award.
Instead of 3-2-1 for the best 3, every player gets a rating out of 10.

This rewards people that perform at a consistently high standard throughout the season.
You don't get treated the same if you are the 4th best on field or the worst player.
You don't have to be the commentator's pet to win.
You can still do well if you perform your guts out but your team loses because you're playing with duds. Dally M favours those in teams that so well.

A few weeks ago, it was a close race between Nathan Hindmarsh and Danny Budderis.
Whoever wins will be a far more deserved winner than Finch.

PJ Marshal

Coach
The Peoples Choice Award Winner

Andrew John's playing no more than 2 and a bit games really made an impact on the 2004 season, no player was more dominant in 2 and bit games of football

:lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
The Godfather said:
The Dally M's are the biggest wankers awards.
(And I am saying this BEFORE we know who wins)

The only real award is the Rugby League Week award.
Instead of 3-2-1 for the best 3, every player gets a rating out of 10.

This rewards people that perform at a consistently high standard throughout the season.
You don't get treated the same if you are the 4th best on field or the worst player.
You don't have to be the commentator's pet to win.
You can still do well if you perform your guts out but your team loses because you're playing with duds. Dally M favours those in teams that so well.

A few weeks ago, it was a close race between Nathan Hindmarsh and Danny Budderis.
Whoever wins will be a far more deserved winner than Finch.

I agree with what you're saying about the Dally M's but the RLW award can be equally flawed. The problem with RLW is that it adds up every players performance from every game of the year, therefore if you miss a game you forfeit points from that round. So unless you play every game of the year, you're going to be disadvantaged.

Parraletic

Juniors
Here's how they should decide who wins. Put Hindy on 1 try line, finch on the other & make them run at eachother. The one left standing, WINS! :lol:

half

Coach
i think they should let somebody completely objective (like me) decide the winner

The Colonel

Immortal
Parraletic said:
Here's how they should decide who wins. Put Hindy on 1 try line, finch on the other & make them run at eachother. The one left standing, WINS! :lol:

And they should do it BEFORE Sunday.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know, I think Corey Pearson's a real chance this yea, what with being a halfback and all. :D

Seriously though - when was the last time the most deserving player got the award?

For me, RLW Player of The Year is the way to go - a toss up between Nathan Hindmarsh and Danny Buderus (who has played more games than anyone in the past two seasons and has a bad injury which he still keeps playing with). Both those blokes have been invaluable to their clubs.

Latest posts