What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook - Reserved

doyen

Bench
Agreed, I'd like to see him play 80

Farah needs to play 80 mins!

Cook is overrated---he's now played in 20 odd games for us & for a bloke with so-called"blistering speed" he hasn't even managed to cross the line for a try.His dashing little runs usually come to nothing when he tends to stop dead in his tracks with no real plan in mind-----usually just to pass to a team-mate to be easily dumped!

Farah is much more of a thinker,runs & off-loads with purpose.
Farah will genuinely take the line on & has the silky skills to set up supporting players--a much,much better option than COOK!!

alien

Referee
It's a hard choice. There are some things Cook does better, and there are some things that Farah does better. I do believe Madge needs to choose one or the other though. Having a hooker on the interchange means some of our forwards have to play more minutes, which means they will sometimes be less effective. Sutton could be an example of that yesterday.

doyen

Bench
It's a hard choice. There are some things Cook does better, and there are some things that Farah does better. I do believe Madge needs to choose one or the other though. Having a hooker on the interchange means some of our forwards have to play more minutes, which means they will sometimes be less effective. Sutton could be an example of that yesterday.

We definitely know that Farah is,at his best,a topline 80 min. player--------there is not much evidence to suggest that for Cook!! At present both are below par,hence a major reason for our poor ladder posse & general performances!
I agree we don't need 2 No.9s when we have the incumbent SOO one in our midst.

Cook is a waste of space,IMO-----we'd be better going with a ball-playing forward;say FUIMAONO!!

Last edited:

alien

Referee
I'd be happy to go with Farah because I know he'd really want to play Origin again and knows he has to play well to make the side again, so maybe we should give him that opportunity, but if he doesn't play well then drop him to NSW Cup and replace him with Cook.

Rsag85

Bench

Cook is overrated---he's now played in 20 odd games for us & for a bloke with so-called"blistering speed" he hasn't even managed to cross the line for a try.His dashing little runs usually come to nothing when he tends to stop dead in his tracks with no real plan in mind-----usually just to pass to a team-mate to be easily dumped!

Farah will genuinely take the line on & has the silky skills to set up supporting players--a much,much better option than COOK!!

I disagree with those comments 100%.

Farah service out of dummy half is slow which doesn't suit our style look at the past few years under Madge with Api and Luke, the big guys make the big hit ups and those two would pick there spots and run out of dummy half getting better position for a attacking set that's what worked for us. All Farah does is pass and kick. Doesn't really take the line on and the most of the time his passes are terrible eg. Going to guys heads and some of his kicking at times has been poor too.

Ennis on FoxSport said it yesterday before the game that Farah has only had one good performance this year which was the 2nd half against the Sea Eagles. Let's face the facts the guy had all the hype in the world when he signed with us and hasn't delivered a thing.

And I'm sick to death about people saying I don't know if Cook could play the 80 minutes.... look at his history when he played first grade for the dogs he was playing 80 minutes, last two games last year he was playing 80 minutes.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I second this. We need to play whoever suits the team better.

I feel like we get the ball rolling more with Cook, but with Farah we get another clutch player who can close off a game for us.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I disagree with those comments 100%.

Farah service out of dummy half is slow which doesn't suit our style look at the past few years under Madge with Api and Luke, the big guys make the big hit ups and those two would pick there spots and run out of dummy half getting better position for a attacking set that's what worked for us. All Farah does is pass and kick. Doesn't really take the line on and the most of the time his passes are terrible eg. Going to guys heads and some of his kicking at times has been poor too.

Ennis on FoxSport said it yesterday before the game that Farah has only had one good performance this year which was the 2nd half against the Sea Eagles. Let's face the facts the guy had all the hype in the world when he signed with us and hasn't delivered a thing.

And I'm sick to death about people saying I don't know if Cook could play the 80 minutes.... look at his history when he played first grade for the dogs he was playing 80 minutes, last two games last year he was playing 80 minutes.
Gotta disagree there mate Farah does take the line on quite a bit and gets some great passes away; he put both Cody and Adam through gaps last night.

Rsag85

Bench
Gotta disagree there mate Farah does take the line on quite a bit and gets some great passes away; he put both Cody and Adam through gaps last night.

Yes he got a few ok passes out but he isn't doing enough to keep his spot imo

Rsag85

Bench
Madge always say you have to go back to move forward. Maybe dropping Farah for a month or two might fire him up to win his spot back in the side

Rsag85

Bench
We definitely know that Farah is,at his best,a topline 80 min. player--------there is not much evidence to suggest that for Cook!! At present both are below par,hence a major reason for our poor ladder posse & general performances!
I agree we don't need 2 No.9s when we have the incumbent SOO one in our midst.

Cook is a waste of space,IMO-----we'd be better going with a ball-playing forward;say FUIMAONO!!

Question for you my old friend. Why re sign Cook to a longer deal if he was a so called waste of space?

By the way that so called waste of space saved two deadset try's yesterday afternoon.

Rabbits20

Immortal

I completely disagree.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Farah is far too slow!!!!!!

It's pedestrian.

Cook saved 2 tries yesterday but let's just ignore that hey!!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Cook should be in the first grade squad. I'm just worried what will happen if we drop farah. We dont need more drama at souths. Im pretty keen for sutton to go to be honest. if you cant play 80 minutes in the second row then thats a serious problem. all top teams have second rowers that can pump out 80 minutes. all our forwards bar Surgess, Turner and Crichton are unfit. i would rather have turner and crichton in the second row even as they can both play 80 minutes quite well. Or play turner off the bench for sutton. Give them 40 minutes each. minute distribution doesnt matter as long as sutton isnt on for 80. there was no effort from him at the end i assume because he was exhausted.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cook should be in the first grade squad. I'm just worried what will happen if we drop farah. We dont need more drama at souths. Im pretty keen for sutton to go to be honest. if you cant play 80 minutes in the second row then thats a serious problem. all top teams have second rowers that can pump out 80 minutes. all our forwards bar Burgess and Crichton are unfit. i would rather have turner and crichton in the second row even as they can both play 80 minutes quite well. Or play turner off the bench for sutton. Give them 40 minutes each. minute distribution doesnt matter as long as sutton isnt on for 80. there was no effort from him at the end i assume because he was exhausted.
Remember I said before the match in the Round 7 v Bulldogs thread I'll be interested how Sutto backs up!!!!!!! I was concerned he couldn't back up last weeks performance due to fatigue.

Turner can't break the line on the edge though and doesn't get through many metres like Crichton does. Turner also has some deficiencies defending inside our own 20 on the edge.

I don't think we should be moving Turner from the middle.

Fuimaono probably isn't ready yet either.

We may need to buy another second rower!!!!!

doyen

Bench
Question for you my old friend. Why re sign Cook to a longer deal if he was a so called waste of space?

By the way that so called waste of space saved two deadset try's yesterday afternoon.

I accept that Cook is OK as a member of our squad but a waste of space in 1sts when we have the SOO hooker; who is a far smarter player!! Fuimaono should get his chance to display his supposed ball-skills from the bench!!
Cook was signed as a backup-----that's all he is.

Farah is the incumbent SOO hooker---a class player who needs to cover 80 mins for us---not in one's most generous mood could one call Cook class!!!!

We should be doing all we can to cement Farah at No.9 on a permanent 80 mins basis!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I accept that Cook is OK as a member of our squad but a waste of space in 1sts when we have the SOO hooker; who is a far smarter player!! Fuimaono should get his chance to display his supposed ball-skills from the bench!!

Farah is the incumbent SOO hooker---a class player who needs to cover 80 mins for us---not in one's most generous mood could one call Cook class!!!!
I believed Farah is deteriorating and Cook is the better player.

Cook gets us rolling forwards!!!!

Cook saved 2 tries yesterday Doyen too. But let's just ignore that hey!!!!

Rsag85

Bench

We should be doing all we can to cement Farah at No.9 on a permanent 80 mins basis!!

I think Farah has past his best IMO he should be playing in England now, he is no longer up for week to week NRL level football and Rusty made a huge mistake in signing him and letting go of McInnes.

Latest posts