What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

Wolfgang90

Juniors
From SMH: Cook is contracted at the Rabbitohs until the end of 2025 on a deal worth about $650,000. The Dragons are willing to offer him a contract but would require South Sydney to contribute part of his salary in 2025.

We'll probably be asking souths to chip in 100-150k so 500k for next year & maybe 500k for 2026? I think that would be fair to both teams, helps South with their salary cap while Flanno gets another experienced player on a short-term deal. Flanno has mentioned previously the club is lacking leadership.

Cook & Liddles contracts would both finish at end of 2026.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
From SMH: Cook is contracted at the Rabbitohs until the end of 2025 on a deal worth about $650,000. The Dragons are willing to offer him a contract but would require South Sydney to contribute part of his salary in 2025.

We'll probably be asking souths to chip in 100-150k so 500k for next year & maybe 500k for 2026? I think that would be fair to both teams, helps South with their salary cap while Flanno gets another experienced player on a short-term deal. Flanno has mentioned previously the club is lacking leadership.

Cook & Liddles contracts would both finish at end of 2026.
I reckon he would be more valuable to us than 500k, would love to have the junior back in our ranks.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Centre in Origin is a different beast. It was unfair to put Eisunhuth in the centres against the Roosters and the Dogs and it was unfair to put Cook in the centres in the Origin arena
It’s not fair to put him in at centre in a club game either. Because he’s not a centre. He’s not even a utility. He was a great dummy half. Is he still one? Not sure, I haven’t been watching Souffs play

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'm not thrilled. Cook was always a one trick player. He was and is reliant on big forwards getting quick play-the-balls, so he can utilize his speed out of dummy half. Trouble is teams are awake to this now, he's slowing down, and he'll be waiting a long time to get a quick play the ball from the likes of Lawrie. Souths have had the best of him and decided to let him go. I would of thought we'd be better off investing in promising juniors.

TheRev

Coach
Wiedler accosted Cook in the souths carpark, said he would sit down with his manager next week and discuss his future.. that he was contracted there for next year and if he wanted to play beyond he would have to go elsewhere.. words to that effect... said he had definitely not made a decision yet.. for whatever thats worth.

Lennyb

Juniors
Wiedler accosted Cook in the souths carpark, said he would sit down with his manager next week and discuss his future.. that he was contracted there for next year and if he wanted to play beyond he would have to go elsewhere.. words to that effect... said he had definitely not made a decision yet.. for whatever thats worth.
Sounds like a stalker. Creeping around in carparks.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
I'm not thrilled. Cook was always a one trick player. He was and is reliant on big forwards getting quick play-the-balls, so he can utilize his speed out of dummy half. Trouble is teams are awake to this now, he's slowing down, and he'll be waiting a long time to get a quick play the ball from the likes of Lawrie. Souths have had the best of him and decided to let him go. I would of thought we'd be better off investing in promising juniors.
Totally agree we need to keep the best of our youth spend our money on tamale and players like him players with the best of their career in front of them .Cook was good but is now at the back end of his career.