What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damien Cook

steerlerbab

Juniors
I know it's not yet confirmed but a 36yo Ben Hunt and a 35 yo Damian Cook in 2026 constituting half of what is shaping as a very arthritic spine? Sorry- not excited.
With improvements in science and nutrition, modern day players can play past 35 (Especially those that look after their body and play smart). So Ben the way he performed in SOO and backed up for rhe club game, looks to me he will go ok . Not so much sure about Cook though as he does not seem the same player that was 2 years ago. Anyway if we get him 600k for 2026 and 400k for next year, it will be a bargain. I think Flanno thinks Liddle will be our main hooker and Cook will be used as no 14 and impact hooker.

justadragon

Bench
With improvements in science and nutrition, modern day players can play past 35 (Especially those that look after their body and play smart). So Ben the way he performed in SOO and backed up for rhe club game, looks to me he will go ok . Not so much sure about Cook though as he does not seem the same player that was 2 years ago. Anyway if we get him 600k for 2026 and 400k for next year, it will be a bargain. I think Flanno thinks Liddle will be our main hooker and Cook will be used as no 14 and impact hooker.
It wont be a bargain if he expresses his desire to stay with the Rabbits and not interested in the Dragons. With that attitude he can stay well away.

BLM01

First Grade
If Cook is not happy or interested in going to the Dragons, them I'm not interested in having him. Either want to come to the Dragons or piss off.
To be fair it is a club he has been at for many a year and established himself, helped him achieve to where he had got including some success
Of course he does not want to leave and he is right to say so.. but if he is not wanted what do you do

maestro1

Bench
To be fair it is a club he has been at for many a year and established himself, helped him achieve to where he had got including some success
Of course he does not want to leave and he is right to say so.. but if he is not wanted what do you do
JDB is saying the same about leaving but if Souths get him, he will give his all for them. Same as Cook if he comes to us

TheRev

First Grade
JA rumour mentioned Cook was linked with the Roosters, which to me makes the most sense.. if they lose Brandom Smith, Cook is a perfect replacement.

Latest posts