What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan Anderson spoke at the PESC meeting last night....

yy_cheng

Coach
Harsh. Carrying a little weight doesn't stop you being a thoroughbred.

Race-Horse-R.jpg

I thought Colonel was retired and is purely used for breeding purposes. During his break times, he monitors the forum :D

Pazza

First Grade
*Jarryd has matured greatly over the off season physically. Ando described Jarryd in 2009 as a boy playing football, but he now looks like a Rugby League player - a man. (that sounds really weird when i typed it, it totally made sense while we were listening to it and brought many 'oooooohh's from the audience.)

he looked huge on rugby league summertime

*Forward pack for 2010 - he alluded to the starting props being Poore and Cayless. Spoke about how a State of Origin player should be starting, but if very aware that any of the four props (moimoi, mannah, cayless and poore) deserves the #8 and #10 jerseys and it was a big decision (but one he doesn't mind having to make).

Poore use to play alot of minutes at the dragqueens! i assume he is going to get less mins on the field at the eels, i hope he turns his game up like he did in round 26 and soo III because he can be devistating when fired up. Also i wonder if we will use Fui more as a attacking wide running player with Poore and Shacks here to do the dirty work. we ran fui on the fringes twice during the finals, both resulting in points.

*Back line for 2010 - one out of Burt/Hayne/INU/Reddy/Grothe/Tahu will miss out. Again, a problem he enjoys having, but he expressed how hard that will be to decide on.

With Burt/Inu, Humble and Wright, we got some great back up :D

*Tim Mannah will captain the team in the first half in Perth, and Mateo will captain the second. :D :D

future captain, after hindy retires

*They have very high hopes for Pat O'Hanlon for very near future.

needs guys like O'hanlon, Horo and Robinson to stand up cause our depth in the back row is poor!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
needs guys like O'hanlon, Horo and Robinson to stand up cause our depth in the back row is poor!
He mentioned all those guys, and also Mitchy Allgood as potential options

yy_cheng

Coach
They should give Poore and Fui a contest each match to see how can get the most metres, who can make the biggest hits etc

A little competition between them will be huge!

Considering last year, Poore wanted to smash him!

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for the info Jess.

Looks like Tim Mannah and Feleti Mateo are being groomed as future leaders...

And I agree it looks likes Inu might be the one to initially miss out in round one. But being realistic, there are bound to be backline injuries through the year, and whoever makes the most of their chances will stay in the spots the longest.

parra pete

Referee
I liked what I saw from Jono Wright at the end of the year also. His time is just around the corner, though I've heard the Bulldogs may be interested in him...

slammingsam

Juniors
I think Wright is a player that is probably too good for Prems and good enough for the NRL - just not on a consistent basis.

yy_cheng

Coach
I liked what I saw from Jono Wright at the end of the year also. His time is just around the corner, though I've heard the Bulldogs may be interested in him...

Didn't he play 2 games?

One on the right wing and one as left centre?

On the right wing he was attrocious in defense until he was switched to the left.

The game where he started as left centre, he had a good game.

THen he broke his leg.

Fathead

Bench
I like mannah as captain I think when caylo leaves he could fill the role perfectly same with mateo (if he stays with us)

I predicted this at the begining of last year. Mannah wil be the future parramatta captain and may take it on at the begining of next year.

eels4lyf

Anyone think throwing mateo the captaincy idea is a subtle hint that he is a big peice of our puzzle moving forward. IMO when a club like ours (no bias) throws you this opportunity it should be enough to sign for life on the spot.

SOmetimes i get the feeling it's us fans who value the jersey and the tradition more than players. Not all players but some. I honestly think that if he was to turn away from the eels after this, is a disgrace. And i am his number 1 fan, had his name on my jersey since he came through the junior reps.

But, if you can honestly turn away from something like this your a moron.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
<cough>. Maybe after Hindy retires.
Nah i think he's on the money there. They threw Caylo the captaincy when we had plenty of more senior guys who could have had it - and that worked out brilliantly!

Mannah Captain as soon as Caylo's ready to move on (and not a second before)

Parra Steve

Juniors
Didnt Brian Smith want Jason Smith to be Captain but he said to give it to someone yonger, perhaps hindy may do the same if he's offered the captaincy once Cayless has left.

parra pete

Referee
Didn't he play 2 games?

One on the right wing and one as left centre?

On the right wing he was attrocious in defense until he was switched to the left.

The game where he started as left centre, he had a good game.

THen he broke his leg.

Sorry. I was wrong to suggest he went well, when he was, apparently, hopeless. I must have been watching a different bloke.
Damn him breaking his leg!!!!!
Canterbury see him as another Willie Tonga...someone just waiting to show his worth..a butterfly ready to emerge, a tadpole ready to become a frog, just waiting for the Princess to plant a kiss on him.........

yy_cheng

Coach
Sorry. I was wrong to suggest he went well, when he was, apparently, hopeless. I must have been watching a different bloke.
Damn him breaking his leg!!!!!
Canterbury see him as another Willie Tonga...someone just waiting to show his worth..a butterfly ready to emerge, a tadpole ready to become a frog, just waiting for the Princess to plant a kiss on him.........

I think you were watching Tahu in his last season Pete. That was AWESOME !!

But back to your thoughts on him, I really do think he has talent.

We really should not sign 2 of Burt, INU or Grothe unless they are ridiculously cheap.

Wright should be thrown the wing spot instead. However, after saying that, ETU then comes into the mix and even Humble (albeit he hasn't played wing but am sure he will adapt if he was to play 1st grade ala Hayne!!).

My 2011 backline would be
1. Hayne
2. Burt/INU/Grothe
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. ETU/Wright/Humble

Then the money freed up should goto the Caylo replacement fund.

Whatthe1976

Juniors
The back story on Tom Humble is that he is quite a down to earth kid, this is his first time as a professional footballer and has made some mistakes, but he has a good attitude, used to be a roofer in North Queensland.

Tommy no roofer in Nth Qld he was a sparky apprentice!!! Lets hope we see some sparks fly off the youngin this year lol.

Latest posts