What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Campbell

General Knight

Juniors
Can anyone tell me about Dane Campbell, aparantly he is strongly linked with the Knights and is a good chance of joining us next year. I have never heard of this kid and would like to hear more from you guys.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
hasnt he already signed?

all you need to know is that he has a hot girlfriend...and even hotter younger sister :D

Dirty Hoe i am...go the slappers!!

He's a good player.....is probably on par with Witt but at least he will be able to develop in the NRL wheres Witt has been there for years.

General Knight

Juniors
So he has signed already! - Thats great then. Can you tell me more about him, like age, height, weight etc. Even a photo would be nice.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Dane Campbell was a lower grade player for Redcliffe before switching to the Easts Tigers this year. He has had an outstanding season, being part of a highly successful Tigers outfit.

His combination around the rucks with Isaac Kaufmann and Trent Young (South Sydney bound) has been a big part of the success. Undoubtedly, all these players have benefited from having ex-internationals Darren Smith and Steve Renouf alongside them.

Campbell finished fourth highest points scorer in the Queensland Cup this year with 177 (12t, 64g, 1fg).

Followers of Redcliffe or Easts might be able to give more details on his strengths and weaknesses.

You can see him play on Fox tomorrow at 3 pm (repeat Thurs 3.30 am) in last Saturday's Major Semi against Burleigh. He will also be in next week's game - the Preliminary Final against Wynnum. This will also feature Newcastle-bound Grant Wooden for the Gulls.

Hope you're looking after Seagey down there.

General Knight

Juniors
Campbell sounds like a great player then. I hope he can be our next halfback. And as for Seage - yes we are taking good care of him. We are hoping he recovers well because he is now our first choice fullback. he'll go great next year!

dizi

Juniors
In my opinion Dane Campbell isn't the most gifted player going around but he is without question one of the hardest workers.

He is fairly small at around 180cm and 80kg but I'm sure he can bulk up once he gets down there. He spent most of 2003 at the Cowboys but couldn't get a run for the Young Guns and spent the season in the local comp, before finishing the year in reserve grade with Redcliffe.

He was a star all through his juniors making Queensland teams ect. but didn't get picked up by an NRL side as Jono Thurston was the other 5-8 going around at that time.

I believe he has signed for two years.

The Partisan

As a sideline, I believe the young man has an interest in the futur of International RL scene with his work with the newly founded West Indies RL.

David Brent

Juniors
Contrary to popular opinion, Campbell hasn't signed with the Knights yet. He has been offered a 2 year deal, but is yet to put pen to paper as he is awaiting the outcome of apparent interest the Knights have shown in Manly's Luke Dorn. If Dorn signs with Newcastle, Campbell won't. And if that happens, look for Campbell to be snared by Canberra.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Good to see you back Mr Brent which ever club Dane signs with will be on a winner he is the hardest working player I know, it doesn't matter what it is but I know Dane will leave no stone unturned to do the best he possibly can

David Brent

Juniors
CC, you could be right about Dorn - I don't know what club he's with now but I remember him at Manly a couple of seasons ago.

Schultzy, spot on about Campbell.

David Brent

Juniors
Hoe, given Dane has been the Tigers' best all season and a star in both semi finals, I think that statement is a little off the mark. There is no greater pressure in regular season football than playing against your old club, yet Campbell did that twice this season and led Easts to victories in both encounters - the second a man-of-the-match television performance.

One bloke who looks simply outstanding is Dallas McIllwaine. He's 22 and has been around for a couple of years. But on his form, he is a certainty for Qld Residents and I would say an NRL contract awaits him - if the scouts are doing their jobs properly, that is.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Dirty Hoe said:
dane is overrated of what ive seen..he seems to struggle with pressure

i was pissed...i just wanted to get someone rarked up.

you all should visit brew by u at either underwood or boondall...cheap beer with no preservatives, so no hangover...but you get the power dries and let off some nasty farts and stuff hey...nasty...but awesome beer...beers start at only 120 for 6 cartons woohoo

Latest posts