What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai released

beads6

First Grade
Found it interesting that ABC news radio reports it as "after a string of off field incidents"

All minor incidents which haven't been news worthy I would say. If you f**k up enough regardless of how big the f**k up there is a price.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Oh great...Copley stays....two bad sets of news at once. I hope Gagai scores 4 tries against us every time.

some11

Referee
If only Denan Kemp showed some ticker and stayed, he wont get a starting gig at another club ever again.

Mr Saab

Referee
As much as i wanted Gai Gai in the team, he is a winger afterall. Not like the punted Gillett or McGuire.
Brisbane will find a replacement....hmmmm whats Stu Kelly up to these days

tangalife

Juniors
Any chance of signing Omar Slaimakhel from us (warriors). He's a fullback but could slot it on the wing and be back up for Hoffman.

Hes highly regarded at the Warriors but we have Kevin Locke and Glen Fisiiahi ahead of him and hes basically searching for a new club now.

Or Krisnan Inu?

Bretto

Bench
Brisbane won't want to spend much money if any at all buying a new player, as I believe retaining current talent like Josh Maguire, Alex Glen, Matt Gillett et al is far more important. Get those blokes on long contracts with performance incentives and you'll secure the Broncos future.

beads6

First Grade
I would like to see us sign some cover for the loss of Gagai. Our outside back stocks aren't the greatest.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
"It's the kick in the pants I need to help me become more accountable for my off-field actions.

"I now clearly understand what my responsibilities and obligations are to become a professional footy player."

Quote from Gagai.

This is the most disappointing thing... Getting the sack from the Broncos has now made him "understand", now some other club gets to reap the benefits of that. Why couldn't he "understand" after getting demoted from that QLD game.

IBA

Juniors
Same thing happened with Taylor. As soon as he got the boot, he turned it around.

Bretto

Bench
Same thing happened with Taylor. As soon as he got the boot, he turned it around.

Hardly. Taylor's first 2 seasons with the Rabbits were bang on for about dreadful compared with the form he was in at Brisbane.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Interesting decision, I like the fact that they are trying to build a culture of discipline around the club but geez it has left the team very weak out wide in terms of depth. Another interesting thing that hook said was that Gagai is still invited to train with the team until he finds a new club.

Now that is interesting. Hook hasn't sacked him but tells him to find another club

then says, in the mean time still come to training ....if you want.

Weird .....

Do you think that if Gagai did (go to training) and showed that he was truly apolegectic for his previous misdemenours that Hook would re-consider?

Obviously this is on the proviso that Gagai starting training the house down and again...... showed he was super keen to make amends.

Seems as though Griffin has offered Gagai a way back in......if he wants to accept the challenge.

I personally don't care either way. Sure Gagai seemed like he had talent last year, although I thought he was a tad small. I was actually looking forward to see if he has bulked up like the rest of the Broncs and if could be all that some were saying he can

on the other hand, this off field slackness and the up him self attitude we're hearing about also makes me think....piss off princess.

Dunno.....

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors

Pierced Soul

First Grade

AceAv

Juniors
JENNINGS TURNED UP TO TRAINING DRUNK!!! He is injury prone, inconsistent and indisciplined.

I don't think Gagai is going to get the axe fourex raised an interesting point about the door being open for him still.

Latest posts