What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Neilson

Does anyone actually know how long this imposter is suspeneded for what a joke of a signing.

Surely they could just piss him off and bring in some one.

Mary brings the guy in for experience and the f**kwit bites a woman surely thats enough to tear up his contract.

choppa071

Juniors
Was a cheap ex origin player that may have brought some experience....experiment failed, now opportunity knocks to move him out the door.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Does anyone actually know how long this imposter is suspeneded for what a joke of a signing.

Surely they could just piss him off and bring in some one.

Mary brings the guy in for experience and the f**kwit bites a woman surely thats enough to tear up his contract.

I understand your frustration, but the alleged incident is still under investigation so we need to be patient & wait for the outcome.

cussy

Juniors
You guys need to really go easy on these guys. What right have you got to call him an imposter of a player? He has played rugby league at the top level for years. What's your claim to fame keyboard king? Played a bit of school or park footy? Oztag? Let me prempt this by saying with his limited opportunity he didn't do anything spectacular and there is a better option in aitkin so I'm not saying he should be in first just lay off bagging him out personally.

The Cobra

Juniors
You guys need to really go easy on these guys. What right have you got to call him an imposter of a player? He has played rugby league at the top level for years. What's your claim to fame keyboard king? Played a bit of school or park footy? Oztag? Let me prempt this by saying with his limited opportunity he didn't do anything spectacular and there is a better option in aitkin so I'm not saying he should be in first just lay off bagging him out personally.

Thank you Mrs Neilson

Hutty1986

Immortal
He has been absolutely terrible, has he made more than one line break since 2007?

Sack him, offers nothing in attack or defence.

The Nick

Bench
Perhaps (hopefully) the delay is the club dotting their i's and crossing their t's before they sack him to ensure he's constituted a clear breach of contract and they can sack him without paying out his contract.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would not be too quick to judge. I remember Creagh forst couple of games and he was much worse when he played on the wing / centres. But hey looking at him now he has become an integral part of the team. Nielsen has only played a couple of games give him a break.

He will provide some cover for Aitken, Farrel, Mata'Utai or Runciman. Those 4 would be ahead of the pecking order at present you would think.

Kuro

Juniors

Creagh debuted at 18 (or so).
Nielson is 29 and has played for 8 years.

Not sure how to process that comparison.

The Nick

Bench
Someone already pointed out (can't remember who) that Neilson was brought to a relatively young and inexperienced team to provide experience and leadership, then a couple weeks into the season he goes out and does something UNFATHOMABLY stupid like biting a woman (WTF!?).

What kind of message does this send to the impressionable juniors we are hoping to transition into fulltime first graders?

possm

Coach
Neilson should never have been signed. His money should have been used to retain Jack Bird. Just imagine Bird and Aitken as our centres.

It seems everyone accept Doust and Young could see that Bird was a keeper.

The Nick

Bench
It's clear that Bird should have been retained, however a centre pairing of Bird and Aitken, plus Nabuli on one wing (all rookies) is way too inexperienced and not ideal at all.

Whilst Bird and Aitken have both been going well, it's yet to be seen how well their bodies will stand up to the weekly grind in their first season of NRL football. Injuries and form are almost certainly going to be issues later in the year for both of them until they get a few more pre-seasons, physical maturity and experience under their belts.

BennyV

Referee
I would not be too quick to judge. I remember Creagh forst couple of games and he was much worse when he played on the wing / centres. But hey looking at him now he has become an integral part of the team. Nielsen has only played a couple of games give him a break.

He will provide some cover for Aitken, Farrel, Mata'Utai or Runciman. Those 4 would be ahead of the pecking order at present you would think.

...you cant be serious...

possm

Coach

For this season all we could have done much better with:
Aiken, Bird Mata 'Utia and Runciman. Farrell should have been off-loaded and Neilson is a waste of over 200k cap.

The Nick

Bench
For this season all we could have done much better with:
Aiken, Bird Mata 'Utia and Runciman. Farrell should have been off-loaded and Neilson is a waste of over 200k cap.

All rookies. No NRL coach worth his salt would bank on such an inexperienced backline.

BennyV

Referee
All rookies. No NRL coach worth his salt would bank on such an inexperienced backline.

Mata'utai isnt a rookie. Also, they would be accompanied by Dugan, Nightingale, Marshall and Widdop. Maybe wouldn't start the season, but a backline of

Dugan
Mata'utia
Bird
Aitken
Flo
Widdop
Marshall

Has more strike and skill than what we have now, and no additional rookies. Just saying...

giboz71

First Grade
Mata'utai isnt a rookie. Also, they would be accompanied by Dugan, Nightingale, Marshall and Widdop. Maybe wouldn't start the season, but a backline of

Dugan
Mata'utia
Bird
Aitken
Flo
Widdop
Marshall

Has more strike and skill than what we have now, and no additional rookies. Just saying...

That's a crack looking backline isn't it?

Agreed that 2 rookie centres would have been a risk but one worth taking, especially now that Nielsen has ended up being a waste of space.

It's a shame someone didn't have the foresight to envisage this when Bird was let go.

The Nick

Bench

Dugan
Mata'utia
Bird
Aitken
Flo
Widdop
Marshall

You're right - those 16 games he played for us last year plus the 8 he played for Newcastle from 2011-2012 lift him to veteran status.......

BrissyRedV

Bench

Dugan
Mata'utia
Bird
Aitken
Flo
Widdop
Marshall

That is a good good looking backline. Pity.

Experience wise, both Bird and Aitken would have been defending with either Marshall, Flo and Frizz or Widdop, Mata'utia and Thompson, so I they would have had a lot of experience around them. And even though Mata'utia may not have played a lot of 1st grade games, he has been in around 1st grade for a while now so he is not exactly inexperienced.