What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Neilson

FlameThrower

Bench
Henry. Keating, and now Neilson. Our luck is certainly changing for the better !!!

Must have saved $300k per annum as a minimum between them.

Just about enough to top up Trent Merrin or pick up another decent player.

Yeah, but we should never have signed those 3 in the first place...
Forget Merrin, he is gone...was he not at some Panthers function recently???

RED73V

Juniors
Make a play for Tupou or SKD?
tumbidragon no offence but now Dane Neilson , Kris Keating & Beau Henry are gone I really hope we entice Jack Bird back to the fold with the extra money we have this year & next. Merrin should also get a cut as well if he stays . Wouldn't mind knowing what Marty Tapau's contract is worth & when it expires after his effort with the Kiwis on the weekend

tumbidragon

First Grade
tumbidragon no offence but now Dane Neilson , Kris Keating & Beau Henry are gone I really hope we entice Jack Bird back to the fold with the extra money we have this year & next. Merrin should also get a cut as well if he stays . Wouldn't mind knowing what Marty Tapau's contract is worth & when it expires after his effort with the Kiwis on the weekend

All good. Would love all three you mentioned, but in regards to Mez and Bird I think that horse has well and truly bolted unfortunately.
Only mentioned those two as I believe they are both currently looking for a new deal, and they would be streets ahead of what we currently offer at centre (in my humble opinion). I think Tupou would make an excellent centre in years to come.

giboz71

First Grade
Fortunate for us he acted like an idiot in public and got sacked.

Who knows if Aitken would have got a go if he stayed in the squad. Isn't it funny,we've finally promoted one of our promising juniors and he has delivered in spades.

If only we had the same faith in Bird.

DragonsBlood

Juniors
The Shillington mid-season rumours still around? Dunno if we need another plodder to be honest but be cheap and create competion for bench spots.

On another note, I did hear some mail on the Kris Keating situation. Apparently he didnt fit in and alot of the boys brushed him. Benji was good to him but from what I heard he reckons Duges loved Duges and JDB was the worst. So my Dally M points are 3. JDB, 2. Duges and 1. Benji (Just for trying)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Some excellent purchases made last offseason in Henry, Nielsen and Keating. All Gooooone. The person who made these decisions to sign them would feel pretty nervous. Were they before Mullholland joined?

DragonsBlood

Juniors
Slippery, I just heard that KK had issues with those guys moreso and the team in General. They wouldnt let poor Rudolph play by the sounds of it :roll:. I have a feeling it was a mutual thing between the boys and he just didnt fit in. Thankfully he didnt get a chance to guide our sleigh around the park!!!

As with anything though, dunno how true this is and even if it is maybe KK was just being a little precious.

giboz71

First Grade
Some excellent purchases made last offseason in Henry, Nielsen and Keating. All Gooooone. The person who made these decisions to sign them would feel pretty nervous. Were they before Mullholland joined?

It's a good sign.

They are right up there with the Denan Kemp, Matt Groat, Atela Vea, Bronson Harrison, Michael Witt signings of the Price years. Deadwood just to fill roster spots.

Hopefully we are setting our standards higher now, and looking to our best juniors and QUALITY recruits.

Mr Red

First Grade

they were all made in a time of desperation and panic when basically we were shedding players to reduce salary cap pressure and needed " cheap bums on seats" in order to ensure we simply had enough players at all...

the good thing is that we seemed to have stabilized since then, and it didnt take long before we started to do a spring clean.

i think it was actually a smart contract in place that allowed us to simply dump keating and Henry and not have to wait until seasons end, and keep paying them thus wasting more cash..
Nielsen did us all a favour and go on his biting spree, and give the club a get out of jail free card to terminate him... otherwise i would suspect McGregor would still have in the first grade squad...

I never understood the signing of Neilson they have a good young player in the system by the name of Tyrone Cranston who has been good for a few years now i'd rather see him get a go and maybe he just might now.

Keating going is a good thing this allows Huthcinson and Crook to play in the NSW Cup for the rest of the year without getting shifted around this will help in their development.

dungay dragon

Juniors
It's a good sign.

They are right up there with the Denan Kemp, Matt Groat, Atela Vea, Bronson Harrison, Michael Witt signings of the Price years. Deadwood just to fill roster spots.

Hopefully we are setting our standards higher now, and looking to our best juniors and QUALITY recruits.
And lets not forget the Grand Daddy of them all Dan Hunt :shock:

giboz71

First Grade
And lets not forget the Grand Daddy of them all Dan Hunt :shock:

To be fair, Hunt was a highly regarded junior who was actually a pretty good player before he hurt his Achilles in 2010. Never been the same since unfortunately and got lucky with a big contract.

The others I mentioned were just nuffy signings that contributed little but provided just another roadblock to many of our promising youngsters looking to crack the first grade squad.

dungay dragon

Juniors
yep possibly , injury or no injury , but his ridiculous 4 year deal has also prevented us from keeping some of our up and coming stars ie Bird etc

The Nick

Bench
Just saw on IG Dan Hunt posted a photo of his new house being built. It looks f***ing huge! I don't know what it cost him, but I do know that it cost us a few decent signings!

Latest posts