What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Tilse

Chachi

Bench
Dane Tilse is a guy who has copped an absolute flogging on this (and the GH) forum. A lot of that criticism has been dished out by me.

This is a thread to say what a great job he has done in the past few weeks. He is no longer getting smashed and bent back in attack and he is becoming far more mobile in defence.

Top shelf work Tilsey, IMO you and Thommo are giving us a great platform each week and it's great to watch. :D

Mick_63

Juniors
Fair call Chachi.

I too have heaped scorn on Tilse.

No doubt at all he is improving,i still reckon he would be of more use coming into the game after 25-30 minutes where he could get his offload working.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ive spent alot of time with skeepe defending him, even when he wasnt lacking visual impact, statistically he was our best front rower. The bloke is a top class front rower and will only get better. He will represent his state and country before his career is done.

Dane Tilse is a guy who has copped an absolute flogging on this (and the GH) forum. A lot of that criticism has been dished out by me.

This is a thread to say what a great job he has done in the past few weeks. He is no longer getting smashed and bent back in attack and he is becoming far more mobile in defence.

Top shelf work Tilsey, IMO you and Thommo are giving us a great platform each week and it's great to watch. :D

I like the idea of starting Thommo and Tilse and bringing on Logan and TLL(not anymore) after 20 mins. Thommo and Tilse are normally mistake free solid players which is what teams need at the start of the match. When the oppositon starts to get tired on come TLL and Logan who can be devastating to opposition teams.

edabomb

First Grade
I like the idea of starting Thommo and Tilse and bringing on Logan and TLL(not anymore) after 20 mins. Thommo and Tilse are normally mistake free solid players which is what teams need at the start of the match. When the oppositon starts to get tired on come TLL and Logan who can be devastating to opposition teams.

Yea it works really well they way they're doing it at the moment. Thommo and Tilse lack the impact of Logan and TLL, but they're mistake free and allow us to get on the front foot so those blokes can really do some damage when they get on.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Always had complete faith in his ability. Great to see him proving critics wrong and forcing them to change their tune.

roopy

Referee
The big guy has been the same since he was 15 - starts every season slow and the more gametime they give him and the harder they work him the better he gets.
Most really big guys are the same - you can't train them into fitness - they have to get match fit.

Bay56

First Grade
His criticism was warranted and his praise is deserved. He's improved out of sight the past 2.5 months.

Ditto

I think he read my thread "Tilse is a powderpuff" and decided to take on my advice and improve his game ... :lol:

notice how he doesnt get up from a tackle looking like a truck just swiped him broadside

Well done Tilsey ... your game has improved 50% since about the same time the team has been showing consistency ... the sort of consistency that results in big Dane not having the ball thrown to him on the 6th tackle

Chachi

Bench
His criticism was warranted and his praise is deserved. He's improved out of sight the past 2.5 months.
Agreed. If a player plays like sh*t (even if they have the most potential in the world) then they deserve to be criticised. If they manage to turn that around and display that potential they deserve to be praised.

Same goes with Purtell, Kelly, Goodwin, Withers and any other player in the same boat. I think just about every person on these forums have given certain players an absolute spray at times. I always saw potential in Tilsey too (being a giant of a man) but he never showed it with consistency. I also said it would be years before we saw the best in him, being a front rower.

It has happened faster than I thought it would and I just thought his improvement and contribution needs to be recognised.

Go Big Fella!!

Last edited:

Latest posts