What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson gone!!!!!

xwizit

Juniors
Iafeta said:
That'll about do me.

The Warriors players can go and get knotted. Lack of effort, gutless efforts, hopeless efforts. Sack the entire first grade squad, not the coach.

agreed here

Hass

Juniors
I'd say that this isn't your usual football coach sacking.

It was becoming increasingly clear that Anderson had had a gutful with his players. Stevie Wonder could have seen that they weren't putting in.

I don't think this is one of those cases where the coach is too disappointed about being shown the door.

Cheers.

Red Bear

Referee
I think it was more a case of walking out than being sacked, and who could blame him? The players are doing f**k all to helo him and are playing appaling footy. At least Souths try hard.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
If he goes to Aussie he has to resign from that aswell because the NZ coach must reside in NZ.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Just had a thought, Richardson and Daniel Anderson join together as of Monday and by weeks end they sign MATT ORFORD #-o #-o #-o #-o :oops: :cry:

Now we just need Denis the mouth and Smithy to go and it will be a great season.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
GoTheBears said:
I think it was more a case of walking out than being sacked, and who could blame him? The players are doing f**k all to helo him and are playing appaling footy. At least Souths try hard.
If Souths try hard they must be pretty sh*t considering that Warriors side beat them by 14 the other weekend. There are obviously problems between Anderson and the team, I doubt he'd just give up on the players like that. Anyway since when does an entire team decide not to bother playing for no reason?

Red Bear

Referee
Souths dont have the talent to go well. Warriors have talent coming out of their arseholes but are playing crap football.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
GoTheBears said:
Souths dont have the talent to go well. Warriors have talent coming out of their arseholes but are playing crap football.
So there must be a reason. A few talented players not firing I can understand. But an entire team of them don't just lose interest for no reason. It was the same prior to 2001, the Warriors always had plenty of good cattle but coaches struggled to relate to them and get results.

Red Bear

Referee
Yer i spose. I think the main reason is that Stacey Jones hasnt been firing. When teams son't have their main playmaker playing well the rest can fall apart. What has happened to Jones?

Eels Dude

Coach
Can't believe Anderson has been given the sack. Turned the Warriors from cellar dwellars year after year to minor premiers in his second year. They've been playing poorly this year, but I think the majority of criticism should go to the players. I think the Warriors board will live to regret letting him go.

raidersfan

Juniors
I hope they sign a good Kiwi to coach them next year. Someone who can relate to the kiwi players in the squad.

That Guy

Juniors
This is just f**king insane. Theres no way Ando should get the arse. Like others have said, he took the Warriors from the bottom of the table to 3 consecutive top 8 finishes and a grand final. I have a feeling we're going to regret this.

Man, things are getting out of hand, 2 coaches and a CEO gooone in the space of 2 days. Whats next??

ozbash

Referee
anderson/watson were having player manager interviews yesterday. i think this was when a few home truths came out.
yesterday arvo ando and watson (mick) had a very heated meeting, mick watson spoke to club owner eric and daniel was leaving. :roll:

it has answered a few questions in my mind but i dont know if i like the answers.

another nucifora situation ? who knows but its possible.

theres an official news conference this morning at 11 am (nz)

with regard to the coaching i think kemp is more than capable of coaching the warriors. if they employ another coach watson and watson will spend big. i would expect to see a person like chris anderson or someone with that high profile coaching.

personally, kempy and t nikau would do me.

JoeD

First Grade
I second that OB. Nikau has been going great with Waicoa and has the mana to make the players sit up and listen to what he is saying.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
JoeD said:
I second that OB. Nikau has been going great with Waicoa and has the mana to make the players sit up and listen to what he is saying.
His results with Waicoa have been good, however don't place too much stock in the guy's mana; we said the same about Mark Graham and Howie Tamati but it didn't translate to results, the blood & thunder approach just didn't work. I do however think that Nikau might be different sort of coach to those two.

JoeD

First Grade
OZ its 11:30 and still no word. Whens this press conference coming?

Latest posts