What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Fitzhenry

Palms

Juniors
He has got to be THE worst footballer to grace this good land of rugby league! If there has been a worst 5/8 playing nrl I would like to hear his name please! Tiger supporters have been luired into a fulse sense of hope..Blitzy Fitzy = worst banner ever Kul. You are a wanker!

(I am a Tigers supporter..everytime I hear his name called at 5/8 I cringe..)

Finally the truth the whle truth and nothing but the truth

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fitzhenry isn't a five-eighth. Pure and simple.

There are a handul of Tigers supporters on the official forum who refuse to criticise any of the coaches decisions - they just accept them because he has done so well. Blind sheep.

IMO this is one of Sheens' only mistakes since taking over. His love affair with Fitzhenry at five-eighth is astonishing.

This week will be even worse because he doesn't have Hodgson playing the five-eighth role in attack.

fat_mike

Juniors
lol

he's deadset gotta be one of the worst players to be lucky enough to play in the premiership winning side along side shannon hegarty in 02.

surely the tiges have a young bloke in their premie sides to come in a play 5/8

brook

First Grade
fat_mike said:
surely the tiges have a young bloke in their premie sides to come in a play 5/8

annoyingly yes, yes we do. There are two players in the PL side who, while playing them would be a risk, at least look like they might be able to offer something. Unfortunantly if someone IS promoted from PL it will only be Ben Reynolds who's best NRL performance to date was maybe passable against the warriors.

I'm not into bagging fitzy - its not his fault he's a terrible 5/8th, I do think he's a decent winger, blame the coach for putting him there.

Earl

Coach
I don't think they'll even bother Parramatta this week. Without Benji Marshall with Hodgson playing I think they were fine, but now without Hodgson as well they've got nothing.

aids

Bench
shut your mouth!
Fitzy scored the game breaker in the grand final and a triple against the storm.

we love fitzy, yes we do.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I am pretty sure Fitzhenry was top tryscorer in last years semi finals series.

He is a very good winger. I will leave it there.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
Im still worried we'll get lapped.

If you get lapped you may as well pack your bags and book your end of season holidays now.

I expect us to lose, but in saying this I think it will be a close game.

Utey

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
If you get lapped you may as well pack your bags and book your end of season holidays now.

I expect us to lose, but in saying this I think it will be a close game.
Thoughts go back to 03/04 now.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'm more worried about Farah and Prince than who, what and where Fitzhenry is. Farah's absence IMO was a bigger loss than that of Marshall. While Prince and Marshall received a lot of accolades (and deservedly so) for last years win, had Farah and Hodgson not been there it would have been a different story.

Parramatta have a good chance as the Tigers are without the attacking option of Hodgson but it will be a tight match.

brook

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I'm more worried about Farah and Prince than who, what and where Fitzhenry is. Farah's absence IMO was a bigger loss than that of Marshall. While Prince and Marshall received a lot of accolades (and deservedly so) for last years win, had Farah and Hodgson not been there it would have been a different story.

Parramatta have a good chance as the Tigers are without the attacking option of Hodgson but it will be a tight match.

I agree with you about Farah, Hodgos loss tips it for me, McDonnell is a very good fullback but I just don't think he's going to be able of playing the attacking role that Hodgo did for us against the Sharks.

innsaneink

Referee
brook said:
I agree with you about Farah, Hodgos loss tips it for me, McDonnell is a very good fullback but I just don't think he's going to be able of playing the attacking role that Hodgo did for us against the Sharks.

McDonnell, no.....but could Farah?

With De Gois at dummy half?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You are right in saying Farah is key. What he brings to the table is priceless. He'll be doing plenty of extra work this week as well, which can only be a good thing.

I am confident about McDonnell at fullback, but he is no second five-eighth in attack like Hodgson is.

The Colonel

Immortal
innsaneink said:

Judging by De Gois named as 18th man on the bench I think it looks like something Sheens was looking at.

brook

First Grade
innsaneink said:

without a doubt, I just don't think Sheens is going to go that way.

If he does I think we'll win

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Or what about Fitzhenry at hooker rotating with De Gois?

Farah to half, Prince to five-eighth. Too far fetched?

innsaneink

Referee
Well apparently Gibbs will drop off the extended bench, backs not quite right yet....that'll give us

14 Laffranchi
15 O'Hara
16 Galloway
17 DeGois