What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Irvine

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Heard a rumour that he has knee problems and may be out for the season.

Anyone else heard that or do i need to belt the bloke that told me it.

Hes a smart player and almost took Norths all the way

we dont really have a back-up hooker, if he retires, so Luke will have alot on his shoulders, until segeyaro or one of the other boys steps up..

unless Paea starts from the bench & comes on, for Luke, and wing goes to hooker and Paea to half.

Remember now that i read it under the BIA section of the pride....mostly hit and miss rumours that they post.

Falloon would be considered the back-up if it ever occured, and of course Craig Wing.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
Paea has no future at NRL level at Half Back. He doesn't have the orgianisational skills. He will become the back up hooker.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Your wrong there April, he has those skills but the thing he's lacking at the moment is stamina and his defense, needs to put on a few more KG.
He could do well at hooker, as an interchange hooker but still he would be a weak link in defense.
Falloon is a nice replacement for the future.

Paea wants to play halfback, its his first priority, he is in line to be Stacey Jones's Successor for New Zealand in the 7, he wants to play for his nation, and knows its there for the taking.

The 9 jumper will be in a tug o war, between Issac Luke & Penrith's Masada Iosefa, both are born hookers, and have a head start over Paea in that position.

I really dont see Paea getting any game time at halfback for NZ, if he is played as hooker for the rabbitohs.

APRIL BELLE said:
Paea has no future at NRL level at Half Back. He doesn't have the orgianisational skills. He will become the back up hooker.

Your saying he has no organisational skills,ffs he was the NSW under 19 halfback.He must have something going for him.If he did not have any of those skills don't you think the selectors would have chosen someone who did?

NGR

Juniors
APRIL BELLE said:
lol...

:lol:

NGR

Juniors
irvine is going back to full time uni this year, i think he might realise there is more money 4 him in chiro than playing footy...

NGR said:
irvine is going back to full time uni this year, i think he might realise there is more money 4 him in chiro than playing footy...

PHaC might look after Irvine with a gig at Souths when he qualifies.

Sonic Star

Juniors
To be honest I would rather Falloon get first crack at hooker over Irvine. So it's good news for Falloon if the news is true.

NGR

Juniors
Newcastlerabbit said:
PHaC might look after Irvine with a gig at Souths when he qualifies.
yeah, i dont think HAC needs to give him any help, he has a pretty good GPA already, but im sure knowing you have a job when you finish would be incentive enough...

NGR

Juniors
i dont think we should chase another replacement hooker. Smith could put a few more kgs on and play a utility role.

Then theres falloon, give the kid the some time see how he goes.

Luke is a gun, with time he will become the games best.

and wing is a noted gun hooker, so if wost comes to worst, we could see wing at hooker, paea at half and rogers at 5/8...

we have plenty of options...

girvie

Staff member
Losing Irvine would be a big blow. I think he's a very smart player. A great defender who always takes the right option from dummy half.

If Irvine is gone then it means Souths have a lot of salary cap money freed up from him and Cusack which would put Souths in a position where they would be able to make one or two mid-season buys if any position needs strengthening.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
this is sad news...!
i hope it's what Bubsy wanted, and wasn't forced on by injury or anything. He's been at uni forever so i guess he may have just wanted it over with..

i'll miss cheering for him at random games though..