What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Russell

lainey

Juniors
That's his name!.....I knew I knew who he was but couldn't think of his name....thanks PP.

girvie

Staff member
Can anyone identify Daniel Russell in this set of photos: http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/Photos/Training/PL%20-%20Guy%20Leech%20Manly%20Warf/20051119%20-%20PL%20Training%20With%20Guy%20Leech.htm

I'm told he is shown there.

lainey said:
It's definately not him but it is Brad Domek in the Cougars shorts...
Thanks. I thought it might be Brad Domek because he was playing with Asquith in Jim Beam Cup and normally a few Asquith players are involved in pre-season training.

What is he like as a player? I know he is a second rower. Why did he leave the Cougars?

*Sandy*

First Grade
20051120TRMAN4359SR.jpg
Second one on the right looks like Snowy too me - hard to tell without his blond locks though.

*Sandy*

First Grade
20051120TRMAN4333R.jpg

This is a closer one of him but now I'm not so sure whether it is him .... :? He looks very different there to this:

15590693-M.jpg

lainey

Juniors
Yep, that's him ;-)...Last time I saw him he had just dyed his hair, he must have cut it all off because it wasn't that short either......but that was about 2 months or so ago...:D

Angel Bear

Juniors
Never really rated him, but here you go , a lot of players running around and you just have to wonder how they got there. Not sure about Josh White as coach either, with all the talent that Manly could recruit Josh Whites Jersey Flegg team came about 10th in 2005.

*Sandy*

First Grade
That picture of him was the only picture that came close to a Daniel Russell look, out of those blokes running around in those photos. I have to say I was taking a guess in the end because it's been since 2003 Grand Final night the last time since I have spoken with him.

lainey

Juniors
I think the fact he is wearing his Penrith shorts should have been a give away.....:D

girvie

Staff member
Thanks for identifying him for me. I wouldn't have picked it because he doesn't look much like his brother (who happens to be in my avatar at the moment).

*Sandy*

First Grade
DOH! So he is wearing penrith shorts!!! And I'm not even blonde... :lol: Go figure!

lainey

Juniors
Yeah, I noticed your avatar yesterday and thought it was him. Mind you, that isn't the best pic of John....

gotheblues

Juniors
The guy in the parra shorts is Ryan Russell , played hooker for Cabra Jim Beam last year , no relation to Johnny Russell.

The Daniel Russell that has signed with the Bears is Johnny Russell's older brother , they are no relation to the Blond Haired Daniel Russell that played at Penrith and last season at Cabra Jim Beam.

Johnny Russell's brother Daniel played for Wenty JB last year

lainey

Juniors
The blonde haired Daniel Russell that played for Penrith is the same Daniel Russell in the photo's, he just has his natural hair colour back. So it is the same Daniel Russell, trust me on this one. ;-)

Annamat, it was Manly beach honey....

girvie

Staff member
gotheblues said:
The guy in the parra shorts is Ryan Russell , played hooker for Cabra Jim Beam last year , no relation to Johnny Russell.
Thanks for that.

lainey

Juniors
Ok, I'm going to clear this up once and for all. The Daniel Russell that has signed with the Bears did play for the Cougars and Penrith. Last year he went to Parra and broke his hand twice and wasn't given another chance in Premier League so he played Jim Beam for Cabramatta and yes, he is John Russell's brother. He sometimes bleaches his hair which is where he got the nickname "Snowy" when he played for Penrith but has had it all cut off and now is back to his natural colour, which is a rusty sort of colour. The guy in the photo's IS this Daniel Russell.....

gotheblues

Juniors
Wade Russell is Johnny Russell's brother that played at Wenty sorry, Daniel Russell the ex Penrith guy dyed blonde hair isn't Johnny or Wade's brother.
And the Guy in the Parra Shorts is Ryan Russell ex Cabra JB hooker , before that Eagle Vale St Andrews Jnr , also no relation , but has a brother that played Flegg last year for Parra in the centres Nathan Russell.
Very confusing hey LOL.

So the guy in the Penrith shorts is The Daniel Russell , that went to Parra last year from penrith and ended up with Cabra JB , but natural hair colour