What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Wagon What a joke

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
I felt that daniel wagon was big liability over the weekend. He was renowned for his defence and is it me or is he fat slow and when he does pass the ball it's either a drop ball or a bad option . Common hags we need him gone to wenty maggies bring in big tony williams he is a better option. I cant believe he makes our top side every week does anyone feel that daniel has no place in the first grade

See you later WAGON!!!!!!

Goey Man

Juniors
PARRACHILEAN said:
I felt that daniel wagon was big liability over the weekend. He was renowned for his defence and is it me or is he fat slow and when he does pass the ball it's either a drop ball or a bad option . Common hags we need him gone to wenty maggies bring in big tony williams he is a better option. I cant believe he makes our top side every week does anyone feel that daniel has no place in the first grade

(Slow Claping) [extreme sarcasm] Bravo [/extreme sarcasm]

The Colonel

Immortal
I feel that after last weeks effort Wagon along with a few others didn't do that much to claim their place.

For Tony Williams to be touted as his replacement however at this point in time is probably the biggest joke. Sure the kid is immensely talented however from the two games I have watched he is also extremely lazy or disinterested at various times. I'd like to see Tim Robinson oir David Baumann given a chance well ahead of Williams.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I feel that after last weeks effort Wagon along with a few others didn't do that much to claim their place.

For Tony Williams to be touted as his replacement however at this point in time is probably the biggest joke. Sure the kid is immensely talented however from the two games I have watched he is also extremely lazy or disinterested at various times. I'd like to see Tim Robinson oir David Baumann given a chance well ahead of Williams.

That's a very interesting critique Colonel.

If my memory is right, the same criticims were made of Mateo when he was playing Premier League.

In any case, I would imagine Tony still has a few guys in front of him for a back row or bench spot, quite possibly the two kids you named. Both have been quite impressive.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tim Robinson has been very impressive in the two games that I have sen him play

The Colonel

Immortal
I think Tony is more talented than Mateo, but there are many similarities. Maybe the elevation to first grade is what he is waiting for. He scored two very good tries on the weekend but there are just times that he watches blokes run past him rather than tackle them.

He should be dominating the U20's on a regular basis and for mine he isn't. Tim Robinson is probably just as damaging a runner and defensively much stronger.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I think Tony is more talented than Mateo, but there are many similarities. Maybe the elevation to first grade is what he is waiting for. He scored two very good tries on the weekend but there are just times that he watches blokes run past him rather than tackle them.

He should be dominating the U20's on a regular basis and for mine he isn't.

It's interesting, isnt it, because again, the EXACT same things were said about feleti

Tim Robinson is probably just as damaging a runner and defensively much stronger.

I thought he was outstanding on sunday.

Bigfella

Coach
If Tony Williams was ready for first grade I reckon he should be scoring a try per half in NYC.

He has immense potential and ability but is a 2009 option I reckon.

The Eels will be mindful of Sonny Bill, and the fact that despite his physical attributes at a similar age he wasn't physically ready (even though he killed it in the top grade).

I agree with Colonel. Not only is his workrate not there yet, the way he pulls up after a collision suggetss he will be better with a bit if physical maturity( even though he is already a massive unit).

fish eel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
If Tony Williams was ready for first grade I reckon he should be scoring a try per half in NYC.

He has immense potential and ability but is a 2009 option I reckon.

The Eels will be mindful of Sonny Bill, and the fact that despite his physical attributes at a similar age he wasn't physically ready (even though he killed it in the top grade).

I agree with Colonel. Not only is his workrate not there yet, the way he pulls up after a collision suggetss he will be better with a bit if physical maturity( even though he is already a massive unit).

I agree with 2009 being a better option for Tony, but can see him maybe getting some bench time later in the year pending injuries and performances.

Jodeci

Bench
The Colonel said:

He should be dominating the U20's on a regular basis and for mine he isn't. Tim Robinson is probably just as damaging a runner and defensively much stronger.

I'm glad u mentioned "I think".

geez

The Colonel

Immortal
Jodeci said:
I'm glad u mentioned "I think".

geez

Well, I think that Tony is a much more damaging runner and defender when on his game. But then there are things that Feleti can do that Tony can't and vice versa. Would love to see Tony running off of Feleti's off loads.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I thought he was outstanding on sunday.

34 tackles and 20 hitups or something to that effect. People talk up the Mannah brothers and Tony but Tim Robinson is probably the standout so far but receives few accolades. Baumann isn't far behind.

Jodeci

Bench
The Colonel said:
Well, I think that Tony is a much more damaging runner and defender when on his game. But then there are things that Feleti can do that Tony can't and vice versa. Would love to see Tony running off of Feleti's off loads.

Tony is a damaging runner with someone giving him a nice offload. Feleti doesn't do the running off the offload, Feleti makes the offload happen with his ability to draw in defenders and offload.

The Colonel

Immortal
True but a player of Tony's strength and size can also draw the defenders and pop the offload as well. I think that is probably the most disappointing thing with Tony is that he tends to wait for someone to create the opportunity rather than making it himself.

I think there is only a bee's dick in it in terms of talent don't get me wrong. Both Tony and Feleti on the field at once is a mouthwatering prospect.

Hellsy

Immortal
I thought it was the week to bag Eric?
Last week was Tood, this week Eric..... Wags will just have to wait his turn to be bagged :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I think there is an opening slot for after Rd 3

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRACHILEAN said:

if you want Williams straight in the team than potentially we'll need to chase down a few scores because if he's not prepared to roll his sleaves up full 80 in the nYC how is he going to go in first grade.

btw, do you know the difference in standard between the NYC and NRL??

forward pass

Coach
PARRACHILEAN said:
and when he does pass the ball it's either a drop ball or a bad option

... or a try to Reddy in the corner (Rd 1 v Bulldogs) !!!!

Watch the game before you go jumping on a bandwagon or in this case - a just plain wagon!