What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Wagon What a joke

johnkolc

Juniors
Yeah I think sometimes we are a bit harsh on Wags because we'd all like him to be Hindmarsh and he's just not, he's an honest toiler who can cover a few positions. Or maybe we all still are smarting over his defensive lapses in Black Sunday 05.

Either way I think the reality is that a bloke of his experience and versatility is always going to be included in the 17 somewhere. For what it's worth I think he's been an outstanding clubman (closing in on 200 games for the club) and deserves to be at least on the bench when we are at full strength.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i think wagons time has passed....he just cant stand up and take it anymore...he is worth a few games in a season but not starting....when robbo is fit...see ya wags.

Pazza

First Grade
The Colonel said:
34 tackles and 20 hitups or something to that effect. People talk up the Mannah brothers and Tony but Tim Robinson is probably the standout so far but receives few accolades. Baumann isn't far behind.

WOW! thats what we need, a guy willing to shoulder alot of work in taking the ball up. What size is he compaired to his bro?

i thought robinson and baunnman are the two players i felt deserve a go, where in everything from the two games i have seen, mind you the mannah brothers go alright as well.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I get the feeling that even a full strength, Wagon or both Wagon and Lowrie will be part of the first grade furniture this year. Hagan seems to favour both. I can live with one occupying a bench spot, but both in the team is just way too much to take

Tizzun

Juniors
What are peoples thoughts on Rulon Nutira and Mitchell Johnson? Are they up to the Mannah's or Williams standards?

Parra Guru

Coach
I've just come to terms with Wagon. I'm just waiting til he gets old enough and goes away. I'm done whinging about him :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tizzun said:
What are peoples thoughts on Rulon Nutira and Mitchell Johnson? Are they up to the Mannah's or Williams standards?

their still running around in SG Ball and their got the potential especially Rulon but we'll probably never know until they step up to NYC level.

cardinal

Juniors
Along with Cayless and Cordoba Wags was our best forward last night. I would play him in the 2nd row every week with that sort of performance.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
Along with Cayless and Cordoba Wags was our best forward last night. I would play him in the 2nd row every week with that sort of performance.

yeah, I thought he was very solid in that right side.

Avenger

Immortal
The title to this thread is outrageous considering Wagon is a 10 year veteran.

OK, he is not as good as he was, but come on, the man deserves some respect.

spiderdan

Bench
i disagree. i think wagon, apart from one good run really wasn't in the game. i think when robinson is fit he should start and one of wagon or lowrie should be dropped. i am not a wagon hater but he is too defence orientated for my liking and being a 10 year veteran isn't enough of a reason to select someone if it means creating an attacking deficiency.

in saying that i do agree that calling him a joke is a stretch.

fredericko

Juniors
Wagon has served teh club well in teh past but his best is well behind him. He has played one season too many and it is time to go and let some of the junior players step up.

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:

I thought Wagon was good last night as well...

Clarkieel

Juniors
spiderdan said:
i disagree. i think wagon, apart from one good run really wasn't in the game. i think when robinson is fit he should start and one of wagon or lowrie should be dropped. i am not a wagon hater but he is too defence orientated for my liking and being a 10 year veteran isn't enough of a reason to select someone if it means creating an attacking deficiency.

in saying that i do agree that calling him a joke is a stretch.

well u all know i am a wagon lover, yes he is getting old wow nearly 32 now but I think we need someone experienced and a defensive player since so many other players out there are fancy players yet not good defensivly. We need a balance of attackinfg defensive young experienced etc in oreder to have the right balance to win this comp. I love watchign those younger players running around offloading left right and centre but I also think our team woul be nothing without hindy, nay cay and wags to do the hard yards and keep the team on task.

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm with clarkie. We have many fancy players who may or may not do the hardstuff.

This is usually left to Wags, Hindy, Finch, Caylo and Robbo.

Haynzy

First Grade
With so many young hot-heads who like to 'play what's in front of them' guys like Wags are invaluable.
I would have him over Chad any day. What he and Hindy do off the ball with Tim and the other young guys is of utmost importance to the team keeping their heads when the pressure is on.
If they weren't there last night we would have lost the game halfway through the second half.

parra.letic

Juniors
Haynzy said:
I would have him over Chad any day.

:crazy: you cannot be serious!

i agree with showing wagon some respect he is no joke, the simple fact that the players love to play with him is enough said. however the fact is physically at this stage of his career there are other players that have overtaken him!

chad robinson is invaluable! makes more tackles, hits harder, runs more and is more effective when he does!!

Haynzy

First Grade
parra.letic said:
:crazy: you cannot be serious!

i agree with showing wagon some respect he is no joke, the simple fact that the players love to play with him is enough said. however the fact is physically at this stage of his career there are other players that have overtaken him!

chad robinson is invaluable! makes more tackles, hits harder, runs more and is more effective when he does!!

Chad's brain explosions sometimes undo the good he does.....
I admit that Chad has grown on me over the last season but I still think Wags has more to offer atm.... we'll see how Chad goes after a couple of weeks back...I'll happily change my tune then if he is killing it.

Latest posts