What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Wagon

The Godfather

Juniors
Mr_E said:
Here's a possibility, maybe the real trial here is the forwards.

Wagon has been moved to 5/8 for the trials to try out different combinations of players in the forward pack. Being as how we have an oversupply of forwards this year maybe BS is using this time to find out where they would fit in the best. Don't get me wrong people Wagon is not a 5/8, by no stretch of the imagination, but for these few games we can afford to have him out of his better position (lock) to test some other guys.

Just a thought.

:?: :?: :?:

Fair enough if Smith wants to trial various forwards in the pack.
But then, ( assuming Wagon is not our starting 5/8 ) shouldn't we have our best 5/8 playing in that position and have Wagon on the bench. Especially as need to build up some combinations in the halves rather quickly.

The Godfather

Juniors
Redback71 said:
can say that again what with bagging players who where blue and gold in my opinion thats one of the 7 deadly sins. :twisted: :evil:

Wow, you have an opinion that you did not have to copy from a book?
I'm impressed.

Freak

Juniors
Welcome Mr E, and I think you have nailed the issue on the head.
Especially considering we were looking at signing Odwyer who plays lock based on his trial form.

Now that BS has seen him, he would now like to trial Hindy there, which I'm sure everyone here is anxious to see if this can be a success.

Don't read to much into this Wagon at 5/8. Although he may even be named their against the dogs but he may not play their!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
How many games did Wags play at 5/8 last year?

It was mostly Hopkins and Morris.

This season is do or die for him and I think he knows that. So I don't think he will make light of the situation. I think even he can see Wags is better at lock all round than 5/8.

We'll just have to wait and see come round one.

Paranoid

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
That season guide also said Wagon is 197cm making him the 2nd tallest player in the NRL after Parsons (200cm)

Wow - I've never really considered him significantly tall, so I had a look....
He is listed as 187cm on the Parra Site Profiles, so either the guide got it wrong or he has experienced some rapid shrinking !

bartman

Immortal
If Wags is 197cm tall, he has a great future in the front row!! And in basketball :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
The point I was making for those who didn't pick up on it

Wagon is not 197cm he is 187 (or thereabouts) it was a typo in the book.

As was Wagon being able to play 5/8 at a pinch.

bartman

Immortal
bartman said:
If Wags is 197cm tall, he has a great future in the front row!! And in basketball :lol:
And my point was his future is (hopefully) anywhere but five-eighth...

Freak

Juniors
For all you people who just love Wagon in our backline fear not this weekend, as he will be playing lock.

Freak

Juniors
Don't know but Wagon is starting Lock as Hindmarsh is out!
#-o Did I just say that!

I mean Hindmarsh is having car troubles and he maybe going to turn up late.

Redback71

First Grade
Don't know but Wagon is starting Lock as Hindmarsh is out!

thats funny the email i recieved from eels head quarters say that hopkins has been moved it the starting line up and will play lock. :?