What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dank to Sue

Vin Fizz

Bench
Irvine Quote:
Mate, when paid staff fail to report ... injecting players with equine substances, I can't help (Editor's note: the staff have denied any knowledge of this). Players deserve professional support, not people who risk their careers.

Right well Horse Piss is an equine substance.

Card Shark

Immortal
Thanks BP.

So be did say they were injecting it. Did he mention Dank at the same time?

If not , does dank really have a case?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah but Irvine may be asked to who he was referring to as the "injectors".
Who ever he says, & he will ahve to say something, will sue him.

Megalodon

Juniors
Phil Rothfield, Danny Weidler, Peter Overton & Sarah Harris all mentioned Dank by name.

Irvine didn't.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
I've wondered about that ellipsis on many occasions.

Was it a quote of Irvine or was it an omission by Rothfield?

It would be something Irvine said but Rothfield himself, as the writer, chose to omit. I'd guess it's something minor, and context specific - along the lines of "to me, Dougie and Kerrie etc" or just simply "the board".

Irvine said the staff failed to report the injections, meaning someone else was injecting the players. Only two real possibilities there. Not sure if clear implication is sufficient grounds for bringing a defamation suit.

Megalodon

Juniors
From my understanding, that "conversation" between Irvine and Rothfield happened via SMS & Twitter DM whilst Irvine waiting for a connecting flight back to Australia.

As we all know, people tend to put a lot of shorthand and truncated sentences in text messages. Particularly ones that have a character limit. Communication errors are bound to occur.

spider

Coach
Wasn't the original comment/tweet -

"when some rouge bloke is injecting our players....."

Card Shark

Immortal
From my understanding, that "conversation" between Irvine and Rothfield happened via SMS & Twitter DM whilst Irvine waiting for a connecting flight back to Australia.

As we all know, people tend to put a lot of shorthand and truncated sentences in text messages. Particularly ones that have a character limit. Communication errors are bound to occur.

That was asking for trouble communicating with Rothfield like that.

He is the most passionate Sharks supporter that thrives on the club having issues that there is.

spider

Coach
A legal technicality will sway each legal dispute

The left will ensure it drags out at least to the finals series.

Yeah but Irvine may be asked to who he was referring to as the "injectors".
Who ever he says, & he will ahve to say something, will sue him.

In this case Reefy then DI's answer should simply refer to a role or title, not a person by name eg 'third parties', 'support staff' or 'therapists'