What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd cannot be fullback next year!

He's a quality player, it seems like we were waiting the whole year for him to really kick on...

He needs to move to wing spot vacant by Wendell next year and throw either nightingale or hornby at fullback...

Hornby offered much more then boyd at fullback, always in support backing up making breaks... how many time have you seen boyd make a break in support from fullback his year? not more then a handfull of times...

thoughts?

I agree that Boyd has been pretty much a non-event at fullback this year, but I would move Brett Morris into the no. 1 jersey with Boyd on one wing and Wendell/Florence on the other.

Doug2234

First Grade
I would move Ben Hornby to Fullback, Wendell i would say will leave so Boyd to Wing.

O and Beau Henery to halfback.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wayne is on record saying he thinks Darius' best position is fullback.

Perhaps he has changed his mind.

hellteam

First Grade
Boyd's actually a good right centre as well, played there a bit in his junior days.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
1 Hornby or Lett.
2 Morris.
3 Cooper
4 Scott
5 Boyd

With Taqive on the bench.
sailor has to go, ffs the guy will be 36 next year

6 Soward.
7 Henry

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1 Hornby
2 Morris
3 Cooper
4 Boyd
5 Taqive
6 Soward
7 Henry

Scott to the forwards

I don't think Bennett will give up on Hornby at 7.

Boyd will be a great fullback with another pre-season under his belt. Many forget that this was his first full season in that position in the top grade.

rushndude

Bench
As much as Morris would be a decent fullback with his speed and support play, he's not Bennett's type of fullback. Hornby is probably out best Bennett type fullback (that is a ballplaying fullback), but he just doesnt have the speed anymore.

Boyd will get there i believe, you dont become a superstar in a position in one season, he still needs time. Judging by some of Bennett's comments this year Boyd will still be fullback next year.

bmwpower

Juniors
if he can improve his support play within the opening rounds of 2010 then leave him there, if not make the change benny

AJH

Juniors
As a few others have said, I don't think Bennett will give up on Boyd at fullback or Hornby at halfback. Hopefully after another off-season Boyd might learn more about where he needs to be in attack. I think he's our best defensive fullback as well. Hornby's too slow for fullback now.
Having said that I think Nightingale needs to be in the side, and I liked what he showed at fullback in 2008. He's enthusiastic and really wants to get involved, like he showed when he came on against Brisbane. I think he's too good to be just waiting on the bench or coming on as a backrower. His defense can be suspect, but he doesn't stop trying.
If Wendell stays he should take over the bench spot and play as a backrower. Otherwise he should join the coaching staff.
Cheers
AJ

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Moving BMoz at Fullback will give the Dragons the same impact as Jared Hayne has at Parra.

BMoz is our most leathal attacking weapon and moving him to fullback would be ideal imo.

Boyd to Centre and Nightingale to Dell's spot are the way to go. Beau Scott to backrow or possibly front row.

Slackboy72

Coach
I have no problem with him being fullback as long as he doesn't try and play center when we're in attack.

rushndude

Bench
Moving BMoz at Fullback will give the Dragons the same impact as Jared Hayne has at Parra.
Are you serious? So bmoz will be chipping and regathering, slotting field goals, kicking 40/20's and ball playing too?

I dont think Moz has much of those footballing qualities, he would be way different to Hayne, and thus have a different type of impact.

RedVDave

First Grade
He's a quality player, it seems like we were waiting the whole year for him to really kick on...

He needs to move to wing spot vacant by Wendell next year and throw either nightingale or hornby at fullback...

Hornby offered much more then boyd at fullback, always in support backing up making breaks... how many time have you seen boyd make a break in support from fullback his year? not more then a handfull of times...

thoughts?

I don't think Boyd offers little in attack, and centre is his best posistion but I think Hornby should stay right where he is he was one of best players all year, Nightingale is the man for fullback and Scott would be perfect in the forwards.

big_dell

Juniors
hornby's days at fullback are over.
i dont think we could afford henry AND soward in the halves as there is no real stable head. with a pre-season under his belt boyd will improve on the skills he has now and learn to do new things.

RedVDave

First Grade
Are you serious? So bmoz will be chipping and regathering, slotting field goals, kicking 40/20's and ball playing too?

I dont think Moz has much of those footballing qualities, he would be way different to Hayne, and thus have a different type of impact.

I agree with you mate we tryed Morris at fullback in 07 and parts of 08 I think he is a natural winger and thats where he should stay.