What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd Game 300 Tribute Video

Iafeta

Referee
You know how NRL players use Snapchat and texts and other things to keep in touch with blokes they look up to as mentors, I bet Darius and Adam Blair are always in touch giving each other tips and advice. Hey Blairy, you don’t run. Ok bruh but only if you don’t tackle.

Gentle Herpes

Juniors
I love Darius Boyd played great for us and poor for everyone else works for me.
Haha yep, a perfect summary.

It's actually strange when Saints fans shit on Bennett and Boyd given how good they were for us and how shit we've been since they left.

dragon_around

Juniors
Haha yep, a perfect summary.

It's actually strange when Saints fans shit on Bennett and Boyd given how good they were for us and how shit we've been since they left.
Oh he'll always be considered a champion Dragons player, but he's seriously taking the piss at the Broncos right now.

Even today he says he's happy with his form and will see out his current contract.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/15e9fb008ed9eced4ac6b3ff19cb7969

A handful of games and I can easily make a music video of his defensive "efforts" says a lot though.

Apey

Staff member
He had 1 good year for the Knights, or maybe half a year, in 2013 when we made the Prelim.

Has been mostly garbage since then.

gUt

Coach
This excellent video is getting around, I saw it on FB somewhere first

I always thought Darius was painfully overrated. Now he's just a joke.

The back 5 are young men's positions, with fullback being the most physically demanding. Only super athletes like Slater and Mini can play fullback until their mid 30's. Darius is simply too old and washed up. He really should follow Inglis lead, who realized he was too old to compete with the young guns out wide. He was switched back to centre to try and extend his career, but he realized he was too old even for centre. The stint at fullback probably shortened Inglis career a little.

I really hope he plays out his entire contract at fullback for the LOLz though.

DeeJ

Bench
I always thought Darius was painfully overrated. Now he's just a joke.

The back 5 are young men's positions, with fullback being the most physically demanding. Only super athletes like Slater and Mini can play fullback until their mid 30's. Darius is simply too old and washed up. He really should follow Inglis lead, who realized he was too old to compete with the young guns out wide. He was switched back to centre to try and extend his career, but he realized he was too old even for centre. The stint at fullback probably shortened Inglis career a little.

I really hope he plays out his entire contract at fullback for the LOLz though.

It's not his body though, it's his attitude. Maybe he does lack the fitness to make one on one tackles, to support offloads, to dive on a ball or sprint back into position. But for most of those things, his body is there but his heart isn't.

Mini and Slater had a few seasons out due to injuries. Maybe Darius is preserving his body another way to last longer. All to our detriment of course.

Also two more 'tackles' can be added from last night's game.

dragon_around

Juniors
The signs were there at the beginning of the season, but I don't think anything can capture Boyd's performance from this 58-0 war crime.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So this boyd contract is the worst in the comp right now.

He is on 800k what NRL club would want a bit of that. So i cant see them offloading him. Broncos fans seem pretty hopeful he has a minimum game clause as far as playing 2021 but for 2020 at a minimum they have him taking up a massive chunk of salary cap.

Because why the f**k would he walk away from that deal. Brisbane were dumb enough to sign it, he knows he would be struggling to pick up a deal elsewhere. This is certainly his last big money deal.

The broncos salary cap is actually in a somewhat precarious position.

Lebbo73

Bench

He is on 800k what NRL club would want a bit of that. So i cant see them offloading him. Broncos fans seem pretty hopeful he has a minimum game clause as far as playing 2021 but for 2020 at a minimum they have him taking up a massive chunk of salary cap.

Because why the f**k would he walk away from that deal. Brisbane were dumb enough to sign it, he knows he would be struggling to pick up a deal elsewhere. This is certainly his last big money deal.

Exactly, and I called this out two years ago when it was announced as being way overs for someone who is 30 and had a dodgy hamstring. Not to mention the length of the contract. It was two years too long.

dragon_around

Juniors
DQ1Ek4V_d.jpg

Bandwagon

Staff member

I don't reckon there'd be too many clubs that sign him for anything other than depth, and even that on a one year deal. So maybe 110K ( minimum for 2020? ) - 200k max. That'd leave the Broncos chipping in 600K+ to move him on.

Their only hope is a white knight convinces him there are greener pastures for him in retirement.

What are the odds of that?

redVinme

Bench
If you can't all see the writing on the wall then you clearly don't know the nrl.

Step 1. Get flogged in semi final-check
Step 2. Have Darius publically slammed- check
Step 3- have Darius come out and tell the media that someone will kill them selves because the internet is mean- check
Step 4- retires GI style citing mental health and into a cushy job paying the same. Off the cap of course and therefore allowing the broncos to buy up and keep the nrl happy

Heard it hear first