What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd Game 300 Tribute Video

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't reckon there'd be too many clubs that sign him for anything other than depth, and even that on a one year deal. So maybe 110K ( minimum for 2020? ) - 200k max. That'd leave the Broncos chipping in 600K+ to move him on.

Their only hope is a white knight convinces him there are greener pastures for him in retirement.

What are the odds of that?

Titans are probably stupid enough

beave

Coach
If you can't all see the writing on the wall then you clearly don't know the nrl.

Step 1. Get flogged in semi final-check
Step 2. Have Darius publically slammed- check
Step 3- have Darius come out and tell the media that someone will kill them selves because the internet is mean- check
Step 4- retires GI style citing mental health and into a cushy job paying the same. Off the cap of course and therefore allowing the broncos to buy up and keep the nrl happy

Heard it hear first
this is exactly what is going to happen.

DeeJ

Bench
Exactly, and I called this out two years ago when it was announced as being way overs for someone who is 30 and had a dodgy hamstring. Not to mention the length of the contract. It was two years too long.

What really annoys me is that there would not have been a single club that would've signed him for close to what we gave him. Usually demand and quality determines price, but we allowed Darius to have a special leg up.

Silent Knight

First Grade
If you can't all see the writing on the wall then you clearly don't know the nrl.

Step 1. Get flogged in semi final-check
Step 2. Have Darius publically slammed- check
Step 3- have Darius come out and tell the media that someone will kill them selves because the internet is mean- check
Step 4- retires GI style citing mental health and into a cushy job paying the same. Off the cap of course and therefore allowing the broncos to buy up and keep the nrl happy

Heard it hear first

You missed step 5 - McBaldy entices Darius out of retirement with a 5 year marquee deal at the Dragons.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
“I know there’s been a lot spoken about it, but for me I just want to improve my performance each and every week,” Boyd said.

“I’m really enjoying leading the team around, especially this young group. There’s some special talent around the Broncos at the moment.

“I want to see it out. I want to see these guys do some special things in the future and I want to be able to use my experience and what I know on and off the field to help them get to where they want to get to.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/fa1030c7f25c647bfa173998c8658292

Exsilium

First Grade
What I don't get is how the media is acting like Darius Boyd has fallen from the lofty heights of NRL stardom when in reality, he's been average as f**k for just about his whole career. He was carried throughout his career by far better players.

DeeJ

Bench
You would not believe my elation this morning when I heard on the radio that Darius Boyd was retiring as a headline. Then when they told the full story at a season's end, the outstanding disappointment.

I hope he gets booed every game until his last. I want to get a membership just so I can do that.

some11

Referee
You would not believe my elation this morning when I heard on the radio that Darius Boyd was retiring as a headline. Then when they told the full story at a season's end, the outstanding disappointment.

I hope he gets booed every game until his last. I want to get a membership just so I can do that.
Yep, went from midnight to six when I read 'end of 2020'.

myrrh ken

First Grade
What I don't get is how the media is acting like Darius Boyd has fallen from the lofty heights of NRL stardom when in reality, he's been average as f**k for just about his whole career. He was carried throughout his career by far better players.

Bit harsh. He was very good for the dragons at fb in his own right and was a quality winger. And i dont even like the merkin.

Hes no longer fg quality so there has been a steep drop. I wonder what honestly happened.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

As foretold here.

Latest posts