What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd v the donkeys

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Maybe that's why it's call the the Broncos Man of the Match.
Pretty sure I said home team.
cornerposter said:
You looking for a date?
What? lol

No promises.

Keep it above the navel composter. Was only going to suggest a beer. Whatever you take home afterwards is none of my business.

Nugby

Juniors
Boyd got Channel 9 MotM and I'd nominate Charity Shield this year as a better game from him but was obviously bloody happy with how he went anyway!

Godz Illa

Coach
I re-watched the game yesterday and it was even clearer just how good Boyd was. He's played numerous excellent games for us but on Friday night he was magnificent.

His first 40 minutes might have been the best 40 minutes any Dragon has played in the Bennett era, and likely a long time before then too. Positionally he was flawless as always, rendering most Broncos kicks fruitless, on one occasion catching a grubber at his fingertips and scrambling out of the in goal. His work as a ballplayer is well noted of course. The brilliance of the pass for the first Morris try cannot be overstated. On the run, no-look, no time to think, ball on to the chest of a flying Morris. The second one was just as good - made the break then at speed committed the fullback and delivered the pass perfectly once again. And it's worth noting that he also set up the Morris no try that was incorrectly ruled by the vide ref, and was looming around the back for the Scott try distracting defenders with his mere presence.

On top of all that, he earnt two repeat sets for the team. One from a deft kick 30m out and a strong chase, and one from a Soward mini-bomb where he showed presence of mind to pause and wait for Norman to catch it and hit the gorund, then wrapped him up and hauled him 5m back into his in-goal.

His second half was alse terrific, blighted only by a miss on Beale early on. Still, it was as close to a 10 out of 10 performance as we've seen in a while.

Great, great stuff.

Gaba

First Grade
Thats why i was stoked when Boyd signed with the dragons , he was always going to be a dangerous player , he was underrated at the broncos

And people laughed when i rate Boyd higher then hayne

Latest posts