What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd v the donkeys

Stagger Lee

Bench
I know that he has just played against a understrength donkey team but for me Darius Boyd's performance was the best yet since joining the dragons. Last year though his defence was good his attack was just not there. This year however he is really showing how to open up the opposition. Anyone disagree?

Top stuff :crazy: :crazy: :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He kept looking for the ball, chimed in like a fullback should. Always a handful for the defence and had a hand in at least two tries.

Top marks.

smacky

Juniors
Looking more and more comfortable in attack. Looks every bit as important as soward in spreading the ball out wide

cornerposter

Juniors
Yeah definitely his best game in a long time. Showed up Lockyer for pace. He still looks like he's scared of the collisions though.

j0nesy

Bench
How Channel 9 thought Creagh had a better game than Boyd last night, I'll never know.

Really, Creagh got man of the match :shock: He was decent, but I thought he struggled one-on-one with Thiaday on several occasions. Not his best game IMHO.

On another note - I can't believe that anyone would think that Boyd is scared of the collision. He took some great high balls under pressure and his kick returns were hard running. Compared with other fullbacks in the game I would say he is one of the bravest.

cornerposter

Juniors
Really, Creagh got man of the match :shock: He was decent, but I thought he struggled one-on-one with Thiaday on several occasions. Not his best game IMHO.

On another note - I can't believe that anyone would think that Boyd is scared of the collision. He took some great high balls under pressure and his kick returns were hard running. Compared with other fullbacks in the game I would say he is one of the bravest.

I thought Boyd got MoTM.

He's fine under the high ball. It's the hitups that have always been his problem. Granted he's gotten alot better since going to the Dragons and switching to fullback, but it's still there at times.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The ground announcer dude said at the conclusion of the Creagh interview that he was awarded the MOTM by 9. Could be wrong I guess.

big_dell

Juniors
yeh boyd definitely got man of the match

great to see that when young scred boyd was at first receiver on the other side, getting more involved.

also, the ball was going where boyd was, which is a good sign

played very well

definitely deserves more than 2 tries this year

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It is indeed composter. Always to the home team regardless of the result. You go to Lang Park often?

Latest posts