What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd

_snafu_

Immortal
I don't have an issue with Lote being in the team. I just want to know how Tonga and Tate justified selection. Also, how did Myles get a start at prop over Shillo? f**king joke.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Simple. The Kiwis just have to send Jeremy Smith after Tuqiri. He already has his number.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Kiwi's have the best winger in the world in Nightingale. Go Nighty....

He will make Tuquiri look like a fool.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Morris and Nightingale are better wingers than Boyd; whose best position is fullback. Though I also rate both Cooper and Gasnier as better centres than Tate.

Willie Tonga is probably the best centre in the game though. IMO.

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
In defence of Sheens, out of England, NZ & PNG, which would be the game you'd leave some top flight players out of? The PNG one. No point wasting energy being dirty that Darius Boys was left out of the side for this game. Against NZ and England though, it'll be war.

However, I seem to recall that BMoz only made the plane to England when someone was injured, and cut the Poms to shreds. Last player picked. Certainly shows what a great judge Sheens (and Oz selectors) are.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Didn't he sign with AFL mid-series? He was already in the team by then.

Folau played all three games for Qld this year.

He signing with AFL was confirmed and announced on the 1st June, 2010.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/01/2915186.htm

He was named in the Queensland side for Origin 2 on June 8.
Israel Folau has retained his Maroon No. 5 jersey despite recently signing a deal with the AFL.
http://www.stateoforiginteams.com.a...-game-2-qld-team-folau-retains-maroon-jersey/http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/01/2915186.htm

And for Origin 3 after that.
http://www.stateoforiginteams.com.a...me-3-qld-team-hannant-dropped-for-civoniceva/

2010Dragons

Bench
In the big scheme of things does it really matter that Darius is not playing?
Think about it... it’s only an exhibition game which the ARL are calling a test....yeah right.
Against PNG you could put any one on the winger and they will look a super star.
Australia will win very easily and should be a one side game. ....boring.
Good luck Lote and make sure you mark your player...otherwise you will look like a fool.
Darius is a fullback and will one day play 5/8 for us and Australia...mark my words!

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Darius is a fullback and will one day play 5/8 for us and Australia...mark my words!
Mark my words, you're wrong ;-)

If Boyd stays with us past his current contract, he will never play five-eighth for us.

Kyle Stanley will be our long-term five-eighth provided he stays at the club.

2010Dragons

Bench
Mark my words, you're wrong ;-)

If Boyd stays with us past his current contract, he will never play five-eighth for us.

Kyle Stanley will be our long-term five-eighth provided he stays at the club.

I have watch Kyle for a long time and yes you are right he COULD play 5/8 but he is been groomed to play halfback or centre.

If Darius and Wayne both sign on beyond 2011...Darius will be moved to 5/8.....does the word Lockyer ring a bell?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Folau played all three games for Qld this year.

He signing with AFL was confirmed and announced on the 1st June, 2010.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/01/2915186.htm

He was named in the Queensland side for Origin 2 on June 8.
Israel Folau has retained his Maroon No. 5 jersey despite recently signing a deal with the AFL.

Right. So mid-series, like I said.

He was already in the squad, they'd won the first game, I'd say they thought it best not to kick him out while they were on a roll.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I agree. Boyd is a fullback/winger. Five-eighths these days are nearly identical to halfbacks and need the same skillset, which includes kicking and organising.

It's almost a waste to put somebody of Boyd's speed and strength in the 6 jersey since it involves more passing and kicking and less taking on the line.

It's the same reason none of Parra's coaches want to move Hayne to five-eighth, despite his kicking and passing ability.

cleary89

Coach
I have watch Kyle for a long time and yes you are right he COULD play 5/8 but he is been groomed to play halfback or centre.

If Darius and Wayne both sign on beyond 2011...Darius will be moved to 5/8.....does the word Lockyer ring a bell?

lol.

groomed to play centre? good one.

stanley to 5/8, soward to half.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Right. So mid-series, like I said.

He was already in the squad, they'd won the first game, I'd say they thought it best not to kick him out while they were on a roll.
It just shows that players don't neccesarily get dropped because they join another code.

Just admit it Poo poo, you don't know if Tuqiri's non-selection for Qld was payback because he joined another code. You were just typing out random thoughts, again.

Lote is a better winger than Boyd. The only reason he didn't play Origin is because the QLD selectors aren't happy he left the code.

grouch

First Grade
NRL+2nd+Preliminary+Final+Dragons+v+Tigers+KqqS3JZVsDpl.jpg