What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Lockyer might have played for NSW in Origin but Eels blew chance to sign him

born an eel

Bench
maybe instead of looking back they could tell us who will be the Australian test captain 15 years from now and we can sign him for life now.

by their reckoning it's quite easy.

After last years Origin series, I would have picked Hayne to play all 3 games this year, so what would I know about identifying talent.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Why the shit is journalism in Australia so f**king terrible?
Actually, why is journalism for league even worse than that standard?
Good point.

I think in general it's because there's only two daily newspapers in each city - or only two organisations with news websites.

In England there's something like 10 different daily papers, so they have to try a bit harder, or give people more choice in order to compete.

The rugby league journalism is so sensationalist here (esp in the Telegraph), it's become like the football/soccer journalism in England. At least the league journalism over there (in the few papers it exists) is left to be decent, once people have leafed through the 16 pages of soccer coverage and speculation.

The only way it will ever change here is if people stop buying or clicking - but they're still selling a truckload of Telegraphs on the back of crap sports reporting, and no-one is going to try to run a third news company in these days (with the shifts in technology). :(

TheParraboy

Staff member
maybe instead of looking back they could tell us who will be the Australian test captain 15 years from now and we can sign him for life now.

by their reckoning it's quite easy.

After last years Origin series, I would have picked Hayne to play all 3 games this year, so what would I know about identifying talent.

I thought it quite obvious

Buster Hindmarsh :D

Latest posts