What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Senter Retires

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Was never a fan of his dirty tactics, constant niggling, underhanded playing style and conceding stupid penalties.

Please go and join the bulldogs in some capacity with Terry lamb.

The same WILL be said when you leave League Unlimited!!!!!!!

Give yourself a triple di@@head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozcrusader

Bench
Yada yada yada.

No one can dispute what I said apart from making petty insults.

Senter is a crap player.

He never acheived anything - and would not make the cut at any other first grade team.

People say he has heart - big bloody deal. Mark O'Neill has heart, tenacity and courage. THAT is the kind of player that epitomises the Balmain spirit.

Senter was a cheap shot merchant. He is always doing dirty things and trying to get away with them. He is always in the refs face and pushing the boundaries. It is a disgrace that he was ever made captian - and the proof of this is that we were the most undisciplined side in the NRL when this was so. He always ranks highly on the "who would you least like to play with" poll as well. A terrible example to younger players.

Senter was a mediocre player.
Senter was a cheap and dirty player
Senter would never have made the cut at any other team
Senter gave away stupid penalties
Opposition players and refs hated him
Senter set a terrible example for younger players

Go on - instead of making your petty little insults - try and prove me wrong. Oh hang on, that would take intelligence, something many people here lack.

tigers

Juniors
Senter was only a mediocre player. but what I hated most about him was that he was always giving away silly penalties and was a dirty player.
But good luck Dareen in whatever you do in life after football :clap: :clap: :clap:

Famous1

Juniors
goangod said:
Yada yada yada.

Senter is a crap player.

He never acheived anything - and would not make the cut at any other first grade team.

People say he has heart - big bloody deal. Mark O'Neill has heart, tenacity and courage. THAT is the kind of player that epitomises the Balmain spirit.

Senter was a cheap shot merchant. He is always doing dirty things and trying to get away with them. He is always in the refs face and pushing the boundaries. It is a disgrace that he was ever made captian - and the proof of this is that we were the most undisciplined side in the NRL when this was so. He always ranks highly on the "who would you least like to play with" poll as well. A terrible example to younger players.

Go on - instead of making your petty little insults - try and prove me wrong. Oh hang on, that would take intelligence, something many people here lack.
If you dont like an aggressive sport, go watch ballet :!: Rugby League is an aggressive sport, where injuries come out of, if u go into a game soft cock, with no heart, ull lose. Darren Senter put in his all, its easy for someone on the opposite side of the fence to bag and critize. Have you ever played rugby league other then in the backyard, ever played rep football. Every played in the NSWRL comp? have u ever did anything then pull ure dick? exactly gonad

ozcrusader

Bench
Yada yada yada

Still no serious attempt to engage the points.

I never said Senter was tough - I said he was mediocre.

Who cares if he was tough. Who gives a flying hoot.

There are plenty of tough men who play nrl.

What you can't deny are the facts above. Stop carrying on as if Senter was some legendary Tigers player. He was mediocre and a terrible captain. I'm glad to see him go - he will not be missed at all.

TigerMo

Juniors
All the best for the future Darren, and hopefully we send you off on a high note by making the semi-finals. :)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
Senter is a crap player.

No never achieved anything except for playing in the top grade for over 10yrs in the modern game as a Hooker/back rower not to mention remaining loyal throughout that period of time - something it is clear you have no idea about :roll:

goangod said:

Senter does meet all the above so of course he is apart of the Tigers Spirit perfect example was when his dad had a heart attack but still remained to play the rest of the match after he found about this - not to mention the numerous times he has played with broken bones many of which numerous players including Buckets failed to do :roll:

goangod said:
Senter was a cheap shot merchant. He is always doing dirty things and trying to get away with them. He is always in the refs face and pushing the boundaries.

And like Sattler is any different, and its good to see that Sheens agrees with you :roll:

goangod said:
It is a disgrace that he was ever made captian - and the proof of this is that we were the most undisciplined side in the NRL when this was so.

Key word is "were" isn't he club and on field captain at the moment ??? and how is the side fairing at the moment :roll: Did it ever occur to you that maybe instead of blaming the captain the coach should be blamed for the sides lack of discipline - but hey that would require logical thinking something you do not posses :roll:

goangod said:

Well going by the great Geoff Gerard’s comments he would disagree with you - especially considering he was on the verge at being selected for NSW :oops:

He would never of made the cut at any other side ??? Yeah that’s why the Bulldogs always wanted him to go back to the club and for allot more than what we offered him but hey nothing wrong with being targeted by one of the top line clubs in the NRL :roll:

Stupid penalties how many has he given away this year ???? Your the one who asks people to think and post facts well where are they ??? I guess they aren’t posted for the simple reason you don't have any proof - Incidentally he isn't even in the top 5 of our current WTS side in regards to giving penalties away ;-)

goangod said:

If Senter is such a nothing player then how does such a nothing player end up in the modern game playing over 10yrs ???

Why is it that such coaches like Sheens picks him week in week out let alone select him as captain each week ???

Well its safe to say one thing is clear you really have no clue what so ever about rugby league, about heart, about passion and about a loyal club man ending his career!

magpiemax

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
goangod said:
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Was never a fan of his dirty tactics, constant niggling, underhanded playing style and conceding stupid penalties.

Please go and join the bulldogs in some capacity with Terry lamb.

The same WILL be said when you leave League Unlimited!!!!!!!

Give yourself a triple di@@head!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wondering why it was taking you so long to respond to goangod?? :lol: :lol: Basically I think if goangod took his kid's to see Santa at xmas,he would probably call Santa Fatzo and say "come on kid's let's come back when that fat b*stard decides to lose weight." :lol: :lol: :lol: get my drift.

Nitekrwlr

Juniors
Yada yada yada

Still no serious attempt to engage the points.

I never said Senter was tough - I said he was mediocre.

Who cares if he was tough. Who gives a flying hoot.

There are plenty of tough men who play nrl.

What you can't deny are the facts above. Stop carrying on as if Senter was some legendary Tigers player. He was mediocre and a terrible captain. I'm glad to see him go - he will not be missed at all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk about attention seeking.

Ignore it and it will go away.

ozcrusader

Bench
menacer said:
Goangod,
Darren Senter was/is an inspirational player who players love playing with, and hate to come up against.

Menacer,

I dont know about players who love to play with him - noone is ever going to speak out about that. But in the player poll - players seem to hate him consisently. This says something about his character.
Senter is a cheap, dirty and mediocre player. I think there are great clubmen and Senter just isnt one of them. It's his dirty tactics that negate from any good he does.

Tenacity like his is very rare, and he will be a great loss to your club. I cant see where your vitriol would come from.

We don't need tenacity to that degree - we need skill, determination and professionalism. Scott Sattler is a good example of this - an inspirational, tenacious player who hates to lose and sets a wonderful example for the younger players.

If he did choose to join the Bulldogs, Im sure the Dogs would welcome his work ethic, integrity, dedication, and committment with open arms.

Please - take him. We dont want Dogs scum here.

ozcrusader

Bench
Seems like the uppity Balmain supporters here can't bear it when one of their golden boys is criticised. It's hard for some people to be objective.

If Senter played for any other club and carried on the way he did, everyone here would despise him. Just because he pulls on a tigers jumper doesnt make him a saint. He isnt some balmain legend retiring like Sirro, roach, Elias or Pearce - he shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as those guys.

A stain on the reputation of this club.

Famous1

Juniors
goangod said:
Seems like the uppity Balmain supporters here can't bear it when one of their golden boys is criticised. It's hard for some people to be objective.

If Senter played for any other club and carried on the way he did, everyone here would despise him. Just because he pulls on a tigers jumper doesnt make him a saint. He isnt some balmain legend retiring like Sirro, roach, Elias or Pearce - he shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as those guys.

A stain on the reputation of this club.
you never answered my question? what is the highest level of football you have played?

ozcrusader

Bench
menacer said:
I just cant understand it, thats all. Imagine being a player, putting all your sweat and effort in for your team week-in week-out, knowing that theres a "fan" out there that spits on that effort and committment... all because of some petty personality issues.

Menacer I'm quite surprised you have time to post here about 'personality issues' - I thought you'd be too busy tracking the court appearances of the dogs players this year.

How's the Reni Matua court case going?

ozcrusader

Bench
Famous1 said:
you never answered my question? what is the highest level of football you have played?

LOL.

Please tell me you aren't serious.
Please tell me you wouldn't be stupid enough to base your argument on "I you havent played State of Origin, then you can't comment on Origin players"?

LOL. Well done mate - you've just put about 90% of the league journos, commentators and administration out of a job. Turn it up.

innsaneink

Referee
10 years plus and 200 plus first grade games does not equate to mediocrity.

Senter,D-4031341.jpg

Well done Dazz! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
We don't need tenacity to that degree - we need skill, determination and professionalism. Scott Sattler is a good example of this - an inspirational, tenacious player who hates to lose and sets a wonderful example for the younger players.
:lol: :lol: Sattler yeah right Sattler is your example against a loyal, passionate player who has stuck with a club through thick and thin :lol: :lol:

Really for someone who tries to prove a point you fail miserably :roll:

Who leads in the Penalty count this year ???

What is the longest amount of time Sattler has spent at 1 club ???

Yeah Sattler is an inspirational player who has called it quits 1 year earlier than the agreed time!!!

Yeah Satts sets a great example with questioning every wrong call and is up in the Ref's face more than what Senter is :oops:

Not to mention the only thing he is famous for is that tackle in the GF what else is he noted for ???? It isn't his playing ability that’s for sure!!!

If anything Satts would be more of a mediocre player than what Senter would be - but hey when your wrong your really wrong ;-)

menacer

Juniors
goangod said:
menacer said:
Goangod,
Darren Senter was/is an inspirational player who players love playing with, and hate to come up against.

If he did choose to join the Bulldogs, Im sure the Dogs would welcome his work ethic, integrity, dedication, and committment with open arms.

Please - take him. We dont want Dogs scum here.

As far as I know, the "Dogs scum" you speak of played many more years for the Tigers than the Dogs. And judging by the majority of opinion here from Tigers fans, and what Ive heard from administrators and coaches, he is well respected for the service he offered as a Tiger in those years. Good on him.

I could assess Darren Senter on that vast majority opinion of die-hard fans, or I could go by your opinion, which seems to come from some personal issue you have with him.

Did he deny you an autograph as a kid or something?

Famous1

Juniors
goangod said:
Famous1 said:

LOL.

Please tell me you aren't serious.
Please tell me you wouldn't be stupid enough to base your argument on "I you havent played State of Origin, then you can't comment on Origin players"?

LOL. Well done mate - you've just put about 90% of the league journos, commentators and administration out of a job. Turn it up.
darren senter never played state or origin, i was just asking are YOU better then darren senter

Latest posts