What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Senter Retires

Damn we are so screwed next year with out Senter
mears isnt that good he's played a couple of good games and the rest have been crap

BTW stop the trash talking of both Senter and O'Neil both are awesome players and have gave there all for the club

and also goangod im sure both Roach and Elias were also both dirrty players in fact a lot of our teams in the 80s were why else did so many people hate us :p

Palms

Juniors
Im not going to start comparing Senter to Wayne Pearce but one thing they do have in common is the fact that their determination and will to succeed were first rate and without that, both would not of played first grade. Pearce was the first to admit he had no skills and alot less ability then players around him but week in week out took the ball up hard and straight and played from the heart.

Good luck Darren :clap:

steven_tiger

Juniors
sad to see you go daz... thanks for all the years of loyal service. always tried 100%

a black and gold legend.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
tigpie cam said:
oh darren your the greatest,oh we gonna miss you,oh what an inspiration..........gentleman please. the only reason he is loyal is cause no one else wants him.

Who let this gerbil out of his cage ????

Has anyone said that he is the greatest and that he was an inspiration ???? Yeah before you use those fat fingers of yours how about you learn to read first :roll:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
tigpie cam said:
what r u on about clown......

That from you :lol: :lol: :lol:

tigpie cam said:
no one said he didnt try his guts out,its just that he aint or never will be good enough......oh thats rite, IMO.........and just cos someone has wrote this does not mean they are not a true supporter.....

Maybe that could be why he is going to retire at the end of the year :idea:

tigpie cam said:
some of you love to tell others thier opinion. if you dont like it,tough......go grab 20cents,go down to the local phone box and ring someone who GIVES A FU(K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every thought of taking your own advice, how about I give you $5 so you can stay down there and never bother us with your so called political crap ever again goangod's son :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ozcrusader

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:

Has anyone said that he is the greatest and that he was an inspiration ???? Yeah before you use those fat fingers of yours how about you learn to read first :roll:

Hey dumbass - you did.

Mighty Tiger said:
All the best to a great champion

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne Pearce was a great champion. Senter doesnt deserve to lick his boots.

ozcrusader

Bench
tiger_nick said:
Godango you are the most negative person on this board. You only EVER come in here after a loss and bag the sh*t out of everybody @ the club.

I'm not going to bother to respond to the rest of your emotional rant.

How many premierships have Balmain/Wests/WT won in the last 10 years? 0
How many times have Balmain/Wests/WT made the finals? 0
How many Origin players have we had recently? 1
How many Australian players have we had? 0

Thanks for coming.

I will continue to criticise this club until it gets it act together. People here are satisfied with mediocrity. I am not. I want this club to be a Brisbane/Roosters/.Bulldogs kind of powerhouse club.

It was idiots like you who supported Lamb and Langmack when they were f***ing the club up. ANd guess what? I got dumped on for criticising the Tigers back then too. And what has happened? They got sacked. Good riddance to more Dogs rubbish.

Darren Senter was not a champion. He was a mediocre player who never acheived any great heights in the game. Ironically he was one of my favorite players before I started watching his actions closely.
Yes he was tough, yes he was loyal - I have never denied this. Yet he is a cheap shot merchant - he is a dirty player - and not the sort of player I would ever consider a 'great champion' or asset to our club.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
Mighty Tiger said:
Hey dumbass - you did.

Prove it ???? Did I say he is the greatest ???? Did I say he was an inspiration ????? I guess your the "dumbass" here to try and prove your sons point :oops:

As you quoted - below is what I said

goangod said:
Mighty Tiger said:
All the best to a great champion

simon says

First Grade
Senter was never dirty or cheap shot merchant.He did verbal,and I loved him for it.Moreover,he busted his hump week in and week out when others around him were not.For that he has my deepest respect and admiration.

Good onya Daz,lets make sure we send him out a winnner at Leichhardt this weekend as he truly deserves.

Cheers.

ozcrusader

Bench
jirskyr said:
For f**k's sake goangod just piss off. Don't type here, don't read here just piss right right off.

Everyone is tired of your crap. You come into your own club's board and post negative tripe. Constantly. Its almost as if you are trying to get everyone annoyed.

Do us a favour and piss off.
t

You blind me with your intellectual arguments.
When this club starts performing, I'll be the first to start praising it. Our dismal record at everything says it all. Do remove your head from your arse and embrace reality.

innsaneink

Referee
Itd be interesting to see if these guys would be prepared to voice their opinions at Leichhardt on Sunday in the middle of the hill, when Senter runs out at the start or at full time when the team comes over to thank the crowd....

Then I think we'd get a truer picture of these two!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
You blind me with your intellectual arguments.
When this club starts performing, I'll be the first to start praising it. Our dismal record at everything says it all. Do remove your head from your arse and embrace reality.

You are the biggest Bullsh!t poster on this forum - where abouts was your posts when we where in the top 8 ????

How about you take a piece of your own advice and

goangod said:
Do remove your head from your arse and embrace reality.

ozcrusader

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
You are the biggest Bullsh!t poster on this forum

Please, give us more of your insightful analysis. :roll:

- where abouts was your posts when we where in the top 8 ????

:lol: This is the difference between you and me. You think getting into the Top 8 is some kind of achievement - I EXPECT it. No wonder you are a loser since you so obviously think like one.

How about you take a piece of your own advice and

I see you aren't intelligent enough to come up with your own material...

I've been sad to see many players go from Balmain and the Tigers - Pearce, Mescia, Lowrie, Walker and I will be sad to see sattler and O'Neill go too. Each of these guys played hard and to the best of their ability - they weren't all champions - but they werent cheap shot merchants either.

This forum is about opinion. And it is my opinion that Senter is a dirty player and a stain on our club and does not deserve anything special. For too long, he has had his dirty hands on this club and it has affected our reputation dearly.

Gus22

Juniors
I've never been a fan of Darren Senter. I've always considered him a player of limited ability as a hooker & more suited to the back row. Problem is he's on the small side for a backrower. I thought he should have retired last year & when he didn't I thought he would struggle to hold a place in first grade this year.

The fact that he has (deservedly) retained his starting spot & the captaincy, has earnt my respect. I've come to the conclusion that what Senter lacks in ability he makes up for with heart. He is scrapper, loyal, & passionate. No-one should begrudge the accolades that come his way from the fans of the club he has served for over 10 years.

However you rate Darren Senter you'd be hard pressed to come up with a plausible arguement suggesting he dosen't deserve the send-off he'll undoubtedly get next Sunday. Some of the stuff written here has been over the top & undeserved.

ozcrusader

Bench
Gus22 said:
I've never been a fan of Darren Senter. I've always considered him a player of limited ability as a hooker & more suited to the back row. Problem is he's on the small side for a backrower. I thought he should have retired last year & when he didn't I thought he would struggle to hold a place in first grade this year.

Agreed.

The fact that he has (deservedly) retained his starting spot & the captaincy, has earnt my respect. I've come to the conclusion that what Senter lacks in ability he makes up for with heart. He is scrapper, loyal, & passionate. No-one should begrudge the accolades that come his way from the fans of the club he has served for over 10 years.

He is all those things - but a dirty player too. Everyone here goes on about how much they hate Stephen Kearney for what he did to McCracken, or for what Lamb did to Hanley in the GF or what Williams did to O'Neill - yet when one of our OWN players consistently uses cheap shots and underhanded tactics , then we defend him. Hypocrisy.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
goangod said:
:lol: This is the difference between you and me. You think getting into the Top 8 is some kind of achievement - I EXPECT it. No wonder you are a loser since you so obviously think like one.

Given our record anyone who thinks otherwise do need to have a hard long look at themselves - but hey I bet you even scream when you do that :oops: :oops:

And how does making the top 8 or giving praise to the club I support whilst sitting in the top 8 make me a loser ???

But I guess we all know your use to praising things that appear to be nonexistent :oops:

Gus22

Juniors
goangod said:
He is all those things - but a dirty player too. Everyone here goes on about how much they hate Stephen Kearney for what he did to McCracken, or for what Lamb did to Hanley in the GF or what Williams did to O'Neill - yet when one of our OWN players consistently uses cheap shots and underhanded tactics , then we defend him. Hypocrisy.

I must have missed something. What cheap shots do you refer to? I must admit that as a fan from the Magpies side of the JV, I havn't seen very many of Senter's games pre-merger. I don't recall him doing anything to rank with Kearney or Williams, certainly not when playing for Wests. I see him as aggressive & physical, who like to sledge the opposition, but that is a long way from being a cheap shot merchant.

Just when did these incidences you refer to occur?

ozcrusader

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Given our record anyone who thinks otherwise do need to have a hard long look at themselves - but hey I bet you even scream when you do that :oops: :oops:

How stupid are you?

You claim I have nothing to good to say about our club.
Then you say "Given our record...." - referring to our pathetic record so far.

Perhaps someone with half a brain cell could put 2 and 2 together and see that the REASON I criticise they club is exactly BECAUSE of our poor record.

If you demand and expect the best, then you'll get it. I pity people who are satisfied with mediocrity - it is a reflection on you more than anything else.

Latest posts