What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Taylor

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Talyor is the classic example of attitude v potential.

Potentially could have been one of the all time best, had, size, speed and skill, however lacked the attitude and discipline to realise that potential.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm way more offended that Molan thinks anyone is dumb enough to think it was an error or anything other than they were laughing at a fat guy.

Canard

Immortal
When your mum sends you a text asking ‘Why did Dave Taylor send Erin Molan a picture of lounge. What does that mean?’

‘Dunno’ was my carefully thought out response.

Did you tell her that it was fake.

Iron Lion

Juniors
I always love a laugh but that was plain wrong to fat shame Dave Taylor on national tv. People go through ups and downs of life. What if the guy committed suicide over this. What would happen if a woman was fat shamed instead? there would be outrage. Feel for the guy and I wish him all the best for his future. Work hard Dave and who knows where you can get again.

He won a game for us last year with a deft offload in the dying minutes against Saints.

Without Dave Taylor that embarrassing list of Raiders close losses would be one game longer.

Dave_

Juniors
I always love a laugh but that was plain wrong to fat shame Dave Taylor on national tv. People go through ups and downs of life. What if the guy committed suicide over this. What would happen if a woman was fat shamed instead? there would be outrage. Feel for the guy and I wish him all the best for his future. Work Hard Dave and who knows where you can get again.

Yeah...see...that's the thing about Dave...

I'm way more offended that Molan thinks anyone is dumb enough to think it was an error or anything other than they were laughing at a fat guy.

Let's show how big Dave Taylor is now and all make a heap of fat jokes about it.........but it's not our intention to mock him. Surely no one is stupid enough to believe that shit.

Reflector

Juniors
That couch and office looks very, very familiar.....

That was the couch and office Lachlan Murdoch and John Ribot used to interview every player who signed over to Superleague in '95. They told prospective players to sit on the couch, do as they said and in return they'd make them a star...in China.

Frailty

First Grade
I'm honestly annoyed at the group arguing about how easily people get offended. This isn't even about that. We keep trying to push the message in schools that bullying is wrong, it shouldn't be done, and to speak up if the kids see it - but what good is that message if we freely accept it on free to air television? It's not a "won't somebody think of the children" argument, rather let's stop sending out bullshit mixed messaging.

Is he overweight? Yes, especially for an athlete. But the coverage that was put to air wasn't about critiquing how this is affecting his performance on the field - it was simply to make fun of him.