What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Davico Out- Perry or Woolnough In?

Misanthrope

Staff member
With Luke Davico ruled out of this weekend's game after picking up an injury in a practice match, the window has been opened for Perry or Woolnough to take a spot in the Country side.

I think Perry would have been rightfully shocked not to make the side, but Woolnough has made more than adequate claims as well. Here's hoping that one of them gets a run, and that Davico's recovery is quick.

Doctor

Bench
Perry would have to be a front-runner for the vacant position. His form last week was exceptional. My only quibble is that it means the Knights have another player who has to back-up for Sunday.

I feel sorry for Luke Davico though. He is a proven performer, and should have had an Origin jersey by now had it not been for injuries. Davico is one of the competition's leading front-rowers, and has been for a number of years. He hasn't played representative football as much as he deserves, simply because injury strikes at inconvenient times, and regularly.

keeney

First Grade
NEWCASTLE's Josh Perry was today called in to replace injured prop Luke Davico in the NSW Country Origin team for tomorrow night's match with City.

Davico was ruled out of the Gosford match after breaking a rib in a practice match last night.

A NSW State of Origin representative last year, Perry takes Davico's place on the Country team bench. It is the second injury blow delivered to Country since the side was named on Sunday.

Davico's Canberra team-mate, winger Joel Monaghan, lasted barely an hour in the side before being ruled out with a calf strain and replaced by Dragons flyer Nathan Blacklock.

AAP

antonius

Coach
Good for Josh, lets hope he keeps some oomph for Sunday LOL. Gotta feel sorry for Davico

Dmac

Juniors
I want to see someone like adam woolnough in the country team. i think he's a great player and has matched josh perry all season

~bedsy~

First Grade
I knew when I heard about it that Perry would be picked. Lets hope he has a great game along with kurt and Abes.

keeney

First Grade
perry hasnt been making metres like eh should be, our 2nd rowers are the ones douing the hard yards, and the props arent doing that much

thuganomics

Coach
Just hope Josh is ready for the big game against the Doggies. I put him as our key man to win this match.

Latest posts