What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Peachey

TRANSLATION

Juniors
What is the Story with David Peachey's positioning. He continually has to go back 20 metres on average to collect a Downfield kick, then return it surrounded. he is NOT catching the ball on the full, and IMHO, it is costing the sharks considerable field position.
The always start their set from deep inside their own quarter.

Are the Coaches too afraid to speak to Peach, or is he untouchable.

I hope he keeps doing it. That way, I can keep betting against them.

Booyah

Bench
Poor positional play from him, I agree. But he's been doing it like that for years, and once apon a time, when we were a good solid team that actually won games - it worked.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Booyah said:
Poor positional play from him, I agree. But he's been doing it like that for years, and once apon a time, when we were a good solid team that actually won games - it worked.

it Works if your playing teams that can not kick the ball further than 40 metres on the fly.

It would only work aok, if there was a 60km hour Wind against the Kicking team, hence he wont go back too far. :lol: :lol:

It's stupid. and it's costing the sharks dearly.

on top of their Size, and the Zero mobility of the Front row.

PINGU

Juniors
Peachy plays for himself and is not a team player.

Look at his efforts in defence on and around the line. 9 times out of 10 he will try for an intercept over trying to make a tackle. If he does come in for a tackle it is normally after a forward has done to hard work and he just flops on top.

Then again why complain, the longer he plays like this, the chances of the sharks winning the spoon get better.

Iafeta

Referee
PINGU said:
Peachy plays for himself and is not a team player.

Look at his efforts in defence on and around the line. 9 times out of 10 he will try for an intercept over trying to make a tackle. If he does come in for a tackle it is normally after a forward has done to hard work and he just flops on top.

Then again why complain, the longer he plays like this, the chances of the sharks winning the spoon get better.

Talking about intercepts, I loved his star jumps in two games against the Warriors last year - one when Toopi was in the clear, didn't even throw a dummy, just kept running, Peachey went between him and the jogging supporters and performed the star jump, the other when Faumuina threw a dummy at Ericsson although support was some 20 metres behind and Peach threw that star jump. I think he was trying to improve his anoerobic fitness more than anything!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I dont mind Peach but the thing that pisses me off about him is when he scores a try he always runs to the dead ball line placing it like 10cm before it.

pepstar87 said:
I dont mind Peach but the thing that pisses me off about him is when he scores a try he always runs to the dead ball line placing it like 10cm before it.

LOL, I heard him interviewed a couple of weeks back and that subject came up. His justification is that he's not a flash player like a Mundine or a Blacklock and this is his way of entertaining the crowd. He said he would think about giving it up if he ever missed one as a result. :lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
Peachey has been nothing more than an over rated hack for the last 3 years or so now, he should just give it away and save us all from having to watch him play.

Craigshark

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Peachey has been nothing more than an over rated hack for the last 3 years or so now, he should just give it away and save us all from having to watch him play.

Right, whatever you reckon... :roll: :roll:
Peachey is a champ, when he plays well he is one of the best and most entertaining players to watch in the game.. I have noticed that he is playing very shallow in the line also, but 90% of the time he races back, sticks out one hand and catches it on the full.. He does some freakish stuff..