What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DC's Cowboys News and Homerism Thread

DC_fan

Coach
Cowboys practise squad is

Teddy Williams CB
Jesse Holley WR
Travis Bright OL
Scott Chandler TE
Manny Johnson WR
Cliff Louis OT
Martin Rucker TELonyae Miller RB

Monk

Referee
A week or so ago, on NFL Network they had a round table discussion about who will win the superbowl

Michael Irvin had this to say.

I won’t take Dallas until Dallas has whatever it needs to stop playing 10 vs. 11. And with Roy Williams on the field, they’re playing 10 vs. 11. Now, if they put the young boy Dez Bryant in? You better believe I’ll take Dallas.”

source

DC_fan

Coach
The Cowboys have released FB Deon Anderson. The new fullback will be rookie Chris Gronkowski. Dallas have been carrying two fullbacks on their roster this season, so Andersons release makes room for TE Scott Chandler to move across from the practise squad.

Last week against the Bears when Anderson and Witten were injured the Cowboys only had one TE (Bennett) and FB (Gronkowski) available to play. This lead to DE Marcus Spears having to be used as an emergency TE when they were in their 2 TE package.

zombie jesus

Staff member
How secure is Wade Phillips feeling?

Jerry Jones said in an interview that his job is still safe if they go 0-3.

Monk

Referee
of course it will be, if we lose to the Texans AND Eagles though and are 0-4... he may feel his seat getting hot.

DC_fan

Coach
I like Gronkowski, the kid looks good, dunno much about Chandler though.

Chandler has good size about him being 6-7 and 272lbs. He was a 4th round pick by the Chargers in 2007. Played very little in 2007 and was injured in 2008. As far as I know he didn't play in the NFL last season.

In college he was a good reciever. Finishing his college career at Iowa as the schools second leading TE reciever. He also lettered at college in Basketball. So he should have good leaping ability.

DC_fan

Coach
Dez Bryant buys dinner for teammates: final bill $55,0000.

Dez Bryant continues to shower his teammates with gifts, the latest a trip to a Dallas steakhouse.

"I'm here eating drinking with my dogs I go to war with every Sunday doing it big at pappas steakhouse!!!!" Bryant wrote on his Twitter.

Michael Smith, floor manager at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, refused to comment on the gathering. But numerous Cowboys players described the experience.

Wrote receiver Miles Austin: "Food is crazy here!!!"

Wrote receiver Jesse Holley: "Woke up this morning and scramble me some cheese eggs to go w/ my left over 20oz Kobe steak from last night. Mmmmmmm!"

Wrote running back Felix Jones before the dinner: "Our offensive rookies are buying dinner ... I remember those days. Sure don't miss them the least bit."

Bryant helped foot the bill for the dinner.

"It was his responsibility, and he knew it," David Wells, a confidante to Bryant told the Dallas Morning News' Gerry Fraley. "He knew he was going to have to buy dinner one way or the other. He was either going to have to buy dinner or wash a lot of dishes."

This isn't the first gift Bryant has offered teammates. The rookie -- who declined to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads earlier in camp -- presented his fellow receivers with Air Jordan Olympic 7s. He also picked up the Madden NFL 11 video game for himself and Williams.

"I did that out of the kindness of my heart,'' Bryant said of the shoes. "It didn't have anything to do with rookie hazing. I just want to build a great relationship with those guys.''

And what about the Madden game? "I know Roy loves video games, so I got it,'' Bryant said. "That's all about trying to build team chemistry. I feel if you've got that, you play a lot harder.

"There were some things I did at Oklahoma State, like I bought the whole wide out crew dog tags and they had their name, their number and freak time on it. That's what our receiver coach had called us. I felt like that brought us together.

"I just want to do my little part here.''

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/dez-bryant-buys-steak-dinner-f.html

You have to give credit to the young rookie. He is doing his best to be part of the team, both on and the off the field.

For me the Cowboys have a real winner here.

Cupid Stunt

WOW! US$55k and he HELPED pay the bill. Keep that point in mind, there were more than a few other rookies there also.

Then again it must be hard coughing up a few thousand bucks when you have what, US$8-9mill guaranteed this year? :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Plus he bought all the WR's new Air Jordon's as well. lol.

Rookies...poor bastards.

He surely would have paid like 40k of that bill considering his first round status.

Monk

Referee
WOW! US$55k and he HELPED pay the bill. Keep that point in mind, there were more than a few other rookies there also.

Then again it must be hard coughing up a few thousand bucks when you have what, US$8-9mill guaranteed this year? :lol:

He's not getting that much, from memory it's more like 4-5 mil this year.

Cupid Stunt

He's not getting that much, from memory it's more like 4-5 mil this year.

Yeah I probably didn't word that well. By this year I meant he now knows he is guaranteed US$8-9M. Poor guy, this year he is only on a base of US$320k. Before outside sponsorship money. And not including the US$2.5M sign-on. Or the bonuses from playing time. Yeah, they sure showed him...

{Sarcasm is aimed at this story, not you ;-)}

DC_fan

Coach
Cowboys and NFL great Rayfield Wright has suffered a heart attack.

The Hall of Fame offensive lineman is doing well after auffering “moderate to severe heart attack.” He was released from hospital after a 3 day dtay.

Wright along with Larry Allen would rank as the Cowboys two best OL.

All the best Rayfield.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Jerry Jones is facing a very bizarre lawsuit that includes allegations of sexual assault; theft; false imprisonment, violation of privacy; obstruction of justice and stalking. The lawsuit was filed by Patricia Gavin, a former captain in the U.S. Air Force.

The lawsuit alleges that the incident took place on the same night that Jones was caught, possibly intoxicated, in a now-infamous video. Gavin is contending that at about 2 a.m. of the night in question, Jones obstructed her exit, shoved her against the wall of a bathroom and told her, "You aren't going anywhere. I planned this when you walked in" before sexually assaulting her.

The lawsuit then contends that Jones told Gavin he had arranged for he and his driver to take her home, instead taking her to a parking garage, where Jones offered Gavin money and began advancing on her.

In addition, Gavin claims that her purse, which contained $2 million (British sterling) among her passport and other identification, was stolen on the night in question and that to get Gavin to drop the litigation, Jones' advisers gave her enough GHB to put her "in a coma."

It should be noted that on Sept. 20, Gavin was issued a restraining order prohibiting her from contacting Jones, his family, or anyone with the Cowboys.

Link

:crazy:

Monk

Referee
I don't know what to get from that but for some reason I don't buy a word of it.

Big Mick

Referee
LOL She had $2m in her purse...

extortion much!

She couldn't fight Jerry Jeriatric off despite the fact she is a captian in the air force?

lol

SUSPECTTTTTTTTTTTT