What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DC's Cowboys News and Homerism Thread

DC_fan

Coach

Taylor: Cowboys' Tony Romo on par with Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]04:05 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 5, 2010

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Column by JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News[/SIZE]

Column by JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News | jjtaylor@dallasnews.com

You can choose to disagree, but Tony Romo is one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks. Not Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees good – at least not yet. But he’s certainly at the next level with Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers.

If he wants to end the idea that he’s just a guy who piles up gaudy passing statistics and doesn’t win the games that matter most, then it’s time for him to seize control of this team.

It’s time for Romo to tell his teammates with his performance that he’s ready to lead them where they want to go. When Romo is terrific, like he was against Houston in the Cowboys’ last game, this team is tough to beat.

That’s because Romo can make every throw – the back-shoulder fade, the deep out, the slant, the bomb, the skinny post. And he’ll throw it where the coverage dictates, instead of forcing it to Jason Witten or Miles Austin as some folks contend.

He has the athleticism to bring forth big plays out of chaos, the intelligence to read defenses, and the charisma to inspire his teammates with his performance.

The Cowboys need that guy. Every single week.

They don’t need the jittery quarterback lacking confidence because he didn’t trust his offensive line. That player is just a guy, the kind of quarterback who will drive you crazy with his inconsistency.

Romo should be held to the standard of elite quarterbacks because he’s that good. The first quarter of the NFL season has shown us that no dominant team exists.

The conference is waiting for some team to take charge, and become the front-runner. If Romo plays to his ability, the Cowboys can be that team.

The game is always about the quarterback.

It’s time to find out whether Romo is ready to become one of the league’s elite players on a consistent basis.

The test starts Sunday.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/100610dnspoinsidetop.15ec2cf51.html

DC_fan

Coach
Fullback Signed To Practice Squad

The Cowboys filled out their eight-man practice squad again by signing fullback Alex Daniels, one of nine workouts Tuesday at Valley Ranch.

Daniels originally signed with the Oakland Raiders on April 30 as an undrafted free agent out of Cincinnati. He made the switch from defensive end to fullback during training camp with the Raiders prior to his release on Sept. 13.

Daniels fills Scott Chandler's spot on the practice squad. The Cowboys signed Chandler to the active roster Sept. 24 to replace Deon Anderson, the waived ex-starter at fullback who recently had his knee scoped.

Daniels presumably provides some fullback insurance for new starter Chris Gronkowski.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

DC_fan

Coach
Starting fullback Chris Gronkowski has rested a slight groin strain the last two days, but he's optimistic about playing against Tennessee.

"I should be good to go Sunday," he said after practice. "It just needs to calm down a little bit."

Gronkowski said he had a slight adductor muscle tear last year in college, so he understands how to monitor this particular injury. He said rest and treatment have improved it today.

Before practice, Wade Phillips called Gronkowski a game-time decision. If he doesn't play, the Cowboys will have use their tight ends more in the backfield.

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blog...om&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
http://www.truebluefanclub.com/soci...ckUserId=435c657b-5389-4a05-b3ad-5f042952897b

DC_fan

Coach
The Cowboys have released backup OL Robert Brewster and and replaced him with wide receiver Jesse Holley.

Brewster was a third round pick in the 2009 draft. Missed the entire 2009 season because of injury.

Holley was on the practise squad all of last season and this season. He was the winner of Michael Irvins Fourth and Long show.

DC_fan

Coach
I expect to wake in the morning to the news of Wade Phillips dismal as Cowboys coach.

Monk

Referee
I'd rather see Garrett go, but Phillips will most likely be the guy to go. But it won't be till the end of the season, Jerry never fires a head coach halfway through the season.

Ladmate

Bench
If someone told me at the beginning of the season that the Raiders would have a better record than the Cowboys, Vikings and Chargers, I would have been over the moon. Of course, I still am.

On a good day Kitna would have only 1 INT, but that wasn't the case. Their defense let Garrard annihilate them and with their division full of good QBs, Cowboys could be in major trouble.

DC_fan

Coach
I'd rather see Garrett go, but Phillips will most likely be the guy to go. But it won't be till the end of the season, Jerry never fires a head coach halfway through the season.

No Cowboys owner has ever sacked the head coach during the season. So it will be a first.

I feel pretty confident it will happen. If not tomorrow then the day after.

im amazed how bad they are.

i mean..theyre the dalls f**king cowboys FFS. wheres the pride? wtf?

the whole coaching staff needs to go IMO. and a few of the players. they need a RB that can run for a start.

Raider_69

Post Whore
as an eagles fan, let me be the latest (not the first or last mind you, just the latest) to say

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a f**king shambles!!!
Philli on the bye week, the only thing i had to cheer for was a Skins lose and Dallas drubbing... i got both... awesomeness ensues

Wade Phillips is a f**king hack, Big D were lucky super #5 threw so many worm balls, otherwise they wouldnt even be rated that highly, half their recent rep came from raping a very pedestrian eagles side 2 weeks in a row, who were struggling on D with the move from the late Jim Johnson to Sean McDermott, add to that McWorm pegging the pigskin into the feet of open receivers. Though i lay my cards firmly on the desk, I love seeing the cowboys sh*t themselves :lol:

Kitna is horrible.
and i've already used up my emoticon limit... at least they'll be picking high enough to get a real LT. Imagine the level of sodimisation that Trent Cole is going achieve against Free-loader.

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
Its hard to believe that our RB Corps consists of Barber/Jones/Choice and we can't run the f**king ball.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Phillips will be gone, somebody needs to be accountable and Wade is admitting it's his fault. There's too much pressure on Jones for him to do nothing. I could understand having Phillips stay if the players were putting in but they clearly were not yesterday.

DC_fan

Coach
DeMarcus Ware needs just .5 sacks in the remaining 5 games to become the first Cowboy in franchise history to have five straight seasons with 10 or more sacks.

Latest posts