What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young Joins Cowboys on 3 year Deal

I agree. Learning his trade under a rookie coach who does show potential.
Says a lot about his time under Mary really... wasted!
Big risk for the Cowboys but good luck to him.
I hope Hannay stays on board as well as an assistant. I like the way he conducts himself.

Agree 100%.
I would have thought an experienced Coach would be the go for Dean, he should have reached out to Cleary and replace Barrett there at the Panthers.
Massive risk for the Cows and I see his style being similar to Peyton so will be interesting when cowboys aren’t going well just how the both of them treat the players.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It is good that Young joined North Queensland which is far from Sydney.
Yes. and it's a big country. Although a posting further north would have been better.
What were his strengths as a coach?
A really good question is one that isn't easy to answer. Well done.
The forwards were poor and the defence was poor and the attack disorganised and only existent with brilliant individual forays by Dufty, Lomax or Widdop. Young seemed more like a team manager than an astute coach.
It's always nice to say something positive about someone, even when they are clearly struggling to do their job. So here I go... I thought Dean Young brought a lot to the team as a player.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I hope Dean goes well as this move should make him a better coach. He needs a break from the club. Most his coaching career has been with Mary so that cannot be good. I am surprised he did not go to England as I think that is where he would do well and learn heaps more.

possm

Coach
I hope Dean goes well as this move should make him a better coach. He needs a break from the club. Most his coaching career has been with Mary so that cannot be good. I am surprised he did not go to England as I think that is where he would do well and learn heaps more.
Mary as head coach and Craig Young on the Board.