What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young Should Be Sacked

grandorient

Bench
I didn't see the match last night, but on previous performance Young should definitely be in the team, but the question is where.

I am still a huge Priddis fan and I would suggest he was bought into the club for his ball distributing skills. When he comes back I have little doubt he will return to that job. So where does that leave Young? Same as before I guess, with Priddis coming off the bench.

But can the team survive with one ball distributor, very difficult at best. Perhaps uncle Benny is preparing someone during training to fill that job?? Surely in a star team there must be at least one other ball distributor of note, or at least one who could be coached into being one.

GO

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
with or without priddis young always starts for his solid defense. his maybe not the best but he didnt do any wrong last night. head played well for his 1st proper game and with more match fitness he could be really worthy at hooker especially if a half gets injured during the game

Ribs

Bench
I think a lot of our attack issues come from our hooker. We looked a lot sharper once Head was out there and the service to Soward and Hornby has a lot to do with that.

Young has the heart and the workrate but not the execution.

MattYg1

Bench
quite simply he isnt a hooker... or should I say he isnt a modern hooker...

He certainly has the workrate but obviously lacks the skill and flair that todays modern game hooker has come to be expected to have...

But Wayne would know this... and when Head came on service was crisper yes but he never darted out of dummy half, he is a liability defending in the middle of the field and we still looked dangerous on the right with some of those backline moves even with Young out there...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Ah yes, made more metres than our best prop, made more tackles than anyone else. And our reason for his sacking... he's not doing the perfect passes from a position that isn't his.

Good logic.

MattYg1

Bench
Ah yes, made more metres than our best prop, made more tackles than anyone else. And our reason for his sacking... he's not doing the perfect passes from a position that isn't his.

Good logic.
:lol::lol::lol:

Compelling evidence indeed...

league

Juniors
who cares if he made more metres than our best prop (who only played 35 or so mins anyways) his service is absolutely shocking, how many times did soward have to stretch above his head, or go down to his knees just so he could catch the passes young was supplying him with....sowards kicking game suffered massively because of that.

MattYg1

Bench
Because as we established he is not a hooker!!! plain and simple... there is nobody debating that... his passing ability off the ground is an issue and it is affecting us WE GET IT... whats the solution?

Head? and lose everything we have built up with our brickwall defence?
Priddis? while yes he would provide actual dummy half service he would not be able to play many minutes and would need to be replaced eventually leaving us with options

Head? see above
Young? see every thread made about dropping Young.

What do you expect from a bunch of nerds who have never played the game at any decent level before.
So what if he threw a bad pass, every one does here and there, even lockyer and thurston throw shockers at times.
You weeds go out and make 42 tackles and see how well you go ffs
Great post Matty

i wouldnt go as far as calling everone nerds b ut agree 100% xplosive, when you haven't played at a high level it becomes easy to critisise.
42 tackles is a sh*t load of work especially at hooker where sometimes after a big set of defence you are strugling to get to each play the ball.
ease up on dean hes doing well.

stg666

Juniors
IN WAYNE WE TRUST. whoever , wherever wayne says . if he put weyman at fullback i would probably think he was getting a bit looney but somehow i would still have faith. mind you, if we don't win the comp in the next 3 years he's a looser.lol.

Dragonwest

Juniors
Dean Young is a very very good ball playing lock with a huge defensive workload and great leaderships skills. He simply aint a hooker, but Wayne thinks he's a best option we have now. I can understand calls for him to move positions, but aggressive calls for him to be dropped are out right stupid.

Red'n'White

Juniors
Deano needs to add more attacking moves if he wants to stay a one club player as a hooker. On his day Dean Young is as good as any hooker in the game, but they are few and far between. I'm hoping Nathan Fein is on the Dragons shopping list and move Young back into the back row, somewhere.

Doug2234

First Grade
I am not suprised this post is here as i was thinking the exact same thing during the game..
His tackle game was very good. He is a Lock or Second Row. He is too slow out of dummy half and his passing game has been shocking for the past 3 seasons. His 3 or 4 passes to Cooper against the Warriors were around his bootlaces.. and we had a 3 to 2 man overlap!!!

I dont want Dean Young to go all together. He has a good football head and maybe should be used off the bench. We need a young hooker who is going to make some decent metres out of dummy half.

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
I am not suprised this post is here as i was thinking the exact same thing during the game..
His tackle game was very good. He is a Lock or Second Row. He is too slow out of dummy half and his passing game has been shocking for the past 3 seasons. His 3 or 4 passes to Cooper against the Warriors were around his bootlaces.. and we had a 3 to 2 man overlap!!!

I dont want Dean Young to go all together. He has a good football head and maybe should be used off the bench. We need a young hooker who is going to make some decent metres out of dummy half.

your not but i was.....

its funny cause people bring up his past games but didnt say anything then(we won) instead waited until the next game we lost and use him as an excuse.

redvscotty

First Grade
I saw plenty of comments about his passing game after the warriors. There were about 4 or 5 passes that were either over Sowards head or at his boots in the cowgirls game.

Doug2234

First Grade
your not but i was.....

its funny cause people bring up his past games but didnt say anything then(we won) instead waited until the next game we lost and use him as an excuse.
There were plenty of talk about Dean Young after the Warriors game.

And im not making any excuse for the loss or pinning anything on Youngie. Extremely proud of the boys for the effort put in against the cowgirls!

vista

Juniors
His delivery from dummy half is slow to say the least. Put head at halfback and move hornby into hooker and watch the speed of the ruck improve

Latest posts