What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

Southernsaint

Staff member
I heard ankle, but it's not good either way.

I think Head should be back next week so we could be in for a bit of a re-shuffle...

gregstar

Referee
it's a merkin - that's what it is.

i can't think of a more valuable player for us.

it's dreadful.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Terrible news. Our most consistent player. Hopefully the suspected break doesn't turn into confirmed break.

D

Deleted member 10972

Next week Dragons will play:

1. Ben Hornby
2. Colin Best/Mark Gasnier
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Matthew Head
8. Luke Bailey
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Jason Ryles
11. Ben Creagh
12. Ashton Sims
13. Shaun Timmins

14. Michael Henderson
15. Justin Poore
16. Danny Wicks
17. Clint Greenshields

gregstar

Referee
Young injury blow for Dragons
St George Illawarra's National Rugby League premiership hopes have been dealt a blow, with second-rower Dean Young ruled out for the rest of the season this morning.

Young will require a knee reconstruction after tearing ligaments in his knee during last night's 14-point win over Cronulla.

There had earlier been fears that he had broken his leg.

The Dragons' 18-4 victory in difficult conditions condemned the Sharks to their ninth straight defeat.

But star centre Mark Gasnier told Fox Sports the injury to Young had cast a cloud over the team's celebrations.

"I feel for Deano - he sort of holds our team together with the high workrate he has and a lot of the little things that go unnoticed," he said.

The win put the Dragons into fifth spot on the ladder, two points clear of Parramatta and Brisbane - who face off this afternoon - and the Canberra Raiders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

from the abc webpage

dragonfire

Bench
i dunno about your team leaguefan, i dont know if they will play Head if he isnt 100%, i think Naiqama and Morris have done enough to keep their places ahead of Best. It is a mighty blow losing Dean Young, glad Timmins is fit though as he brings something to the team

The Preacher

First Grade
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Next week Dragons will play:

1. Ben Hornby
2. Colin Best:sarcasm: /Mark Gasnier
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Matthew Head
8. Luke Bailey
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Jason Ryles
11. Ben Creagh
12. Ashton Sims
13. Shaun Timmins

14. Michael Henderson
15. Justin Poore
16. Danny Wicks
17. Clint Greenshields

Surely you jest !! Is Wes injured ?? Colin Best, piss off !!!:x

Godz Illa

Coach
A knowing grin appears on my face whenever I hear commentators say "you can't win grand finals without players like Dean Young". That grin is now a grimace.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dragonfire said:
i dunno about your team leaguefan, i dont know if they will play Head if he isnt 100%, i think Naiqama and Morris have done enough to keep their places ahead of Best. It is a mighty blow losing Dean Young, glad Timmins is fit though as he brings something to the team
Head has a good record against Easts. Fitness pending, he should be named tomorrow.

Surely we've seen the Best of Colin. Go Wes young man!

petetheileet

First Grade
best wont get back in...id liked to see Hornby perhaps named at hooker...as hes been floating around there recently anyways with head back in the side as a replacement for young...goz on the bench and timmo back at 13

maybe ring Ndaira into the side so he can see how big a mistake he is making joining those fools and he may b able to weasle outa his contract!

Latest posts