What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Bluey II

Blair

Coach
The decision it bring Hurrell back on was the losing of the match, Matai tore him up

Well they wouldn't be bringing the hobbling Hurrell back on if Inu was in the reserves.

And Matai's wary of Inu.

There's a guy smashing bottles and swearing outside right now. I can only imagine he's just watched this heartbreaker.

Shit, he's getting closer...

let's give some credit to manly, they dug deep and pulled off some very good plays. Can't just start blaming the losing team, gotta give credit to the winners. Their first try, unlike iafeta insists our shape was good, great kick, good bounce, Tupou scrambled well but dived too early and Locke didn't do his job. Hurrel was turned inside out a few times by matai, that you can blame on bluey. Their last try was extra special, brilliant subtle kick by Foran, lucky bounce for Taufua, great pass and great support.

My impression is that this team is more scared of losing than it wants to win. theyre not relentless enough, too young, too stupid and too comfortable

Blair

Coach
let's give some credit to manly, they dug deep and pulled off some very good plays. Can't just start blaming the losing team, gotta give credit to the winners. Their first try, unlike iafeta insists our shape was good, great kick, good bounce, Tupou scrambled well but dived too early and Locke didn't do his job. Hurrel was turned inside out a few times by matai, that you can blame on bluey. Their last try was extra special, brilliant subtle kick by Foran, lucky bounce for Taufua, great pass and great support.

Agree, but why all this brilliance always against us? Surely that final kick could have bounced awry!

My impression is that this team is more scared of losing than it wants to win. theyre not relentless enough, too young, too stupid and too comfortable

What's going to change next year? I'm not going through this again, or I'll support my local club, Penrith.

Perhaps our expectations will be lower which might help?

Aragorn

First Grade
I'm sorry to say, but Bluey really is as dumb as he looks. His bench rotation is still farked and i dont think he has a clue.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is a pretty poor effort from Bluey to come out and say that Tony Williams stomped on Hurrells leg and that's why he got injured

Just looked at the tackle again and there isn't even a hint of that there

Aragorn

First Grade
We know of a recently departed Parramatta coach who would jump at the chance.

As crazy as it may sound, I think SK could do a good job as coach for the Warriors. The dynamics just didnt work between him and the players at the Eels and the results proved it. However, with Warriors, I think he could probably click with and there would be less conflicts. The polynesian, and Kiwi culture is just so different to the aussies...

_addict

Juniors
I've seen a fair amount of Bluey NRL apprenticeship talk in several of the threads of late as we've all been trying to dissect this season. I can't accept it. The basics of the game are common no matter where you're from. It's true in club level, ESL, NRL, International. The degree of experience and resource and professionalism will be somewhat different and the ability to commit the time to managing people and honing the skills of individual and team with the support that is found in an NRL club should be nearer the pointy end of the stick. The idea though that he needs so much time to adapt to NRL is far too soft. The ESL clubs (and certainly where Bluey had come from) spend an inordinate amount of money on running their teams, he's had a tonne of 'experience' within these structures.

I agree that the NRL is faster. I think he made a fundamental mistake if he opted for emphasising learning new plays to the detriment of fitness, but if he had some master plan that would struggle in the NRL environment he should have the coaching smarts to adapt, and the club should have arranged that he could observe or had it made clear just what to expect before he stepped into the NRL arena (which from what I understand they did).

Yes, we've also had a lot of injury disruption, but there are still too many things wrong with the basic structure of our play, and especially our defence to be explained away by player inexperience.

I'm also miffed that we've lost talent that has shone elsewhere, because we didn't seem to be able to manage the team, when others clearly can.

It should have become evident to a coach where we're at and what direction we need to take after 6 or 7 games. Sadly we seem to be sinking deeper and deeper into the mire as the season progresses.

I doubt that he will get axed any time soon, but I can see no light at the end of this tunnel. I'm dissappointed as I had thought he might have been the man at the beginning of the season, I was clearly too hopeful.

Aragorn

First Grade
I've seen a fair amount of Bluey NRL apprenticeship talk in several of the threads of late as we've all been trying to dissect this season. I can't accept it. The basics of the game are common no matter where you're from. It's true in club level, ESL, NRL, International. The degree of experience and resource and professionalism will be somewhat different and the ability to commit the time to managing people and honing the skills of individual and team with the support that is found in an NRL club should be nearer the pointy end of the stick. The idea though that he needs so much time to adapt to NRL is far too soft. The ESL clubs (and certainly where Bluey had come from) spend an inordinate amount of money on running their teams, he's had a tonne of 'experience' within these structures.

I agree that the NRL is faster. I think he made a fundamental mistake if he opted for emphasising learning new plays to the detriment of fitness, but if he had some master plan that would struggle in the NRL environment he should have the coaching smarts to adapt, and the club should have arranged that he could observe or had it made clear just what to expect before he stepped into the NRL arena (which from what I understand they did).

Yes, we've also had a lot of injury disruption, but there are still too many things wrong with the basic structure of our play, and especially our defence to be explained away by player inexperience.

I'm also miffed that we've lost talent that has shone elsewhere, because we didn't seem to be able to manage the team, when others clearly can.

It should have become evident to a coach where we're at and what direction we need to take after 6 or 7 games. Sadly we seem to be sinking deeper and deeper into the mire as the season progresses.

I doubt that he will get axed any time soon, but I can see no light at the end of this tunnel. I'm dissappointed as I had thought he might have been the man at the beginning of the season, I was clearly too hopeful.

good post.

Bluey still has 5 games to earn back some credibility for the team.

I'm willing to accept this as his "apprenticeship" year, but if we're pulling the same diabolical crap in the first 6 rounds next year..... well, then the knives will be out....:x

Aragorn

First Grade
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Dear Bluey, your top 10 failures this year on a plate:

1. Letting Inu go was a big, big stupid mistake - and you deseve to be reminded of this every day of your life

2. Signing Ropati so early in the season, right before his injury was another mistake - no one was chasing his signature?!

3. Glen Fishii is not a FG FB - he should be on the wing and eased into FG - he also needs to put on some muscle and also needs to harden the f**k up

4. Your bench rotation was a total fail - you seriously need to address this basic part of the game

5. Mental aptitude of the team is diabolical - maybe hire a psychologist for the team to plant a seed on mental toughness - actually seeing a psychologist yourself might not be a bad idea....

6. Dean Bells holiday to the UK sold to the media as a relationship exercise with Wigan was a total fail. The less we have to do with the ESL, the better

7. Defense wins games - and we havent won many this year - you need to hire an NRL defensive coach

8.Winning the Toyota Cup doesnt mean shiiiiet

9. Manu is a prop playing on the wing - and he's not Captain material

10. I guess, like me, you think Konrad needs to harden the f**k up, but bringing him back into the Manly game with one leg was just down right stupid.....

Last edited:

jamaman

Juniors
Is a pretty poor effort from Bluey to come out and say that Tony Williams stomped on Hurrells leg and that's why he got injured

Just looked at the tackle again and there isn't even a hint of that there

Hurrell has injured legs in every game...and it is Williams fault! :crazy:

Micistm

Bench
Bluey has backtracked on that accusation now, claiming he was 'misinformed.' Dunno what that means. Maybe he was buying a beer and got back to his seat to be told that or something, not sure.

What really hurts, is having a weekend when the Crusaders lost, the Warriors made history...and after having Friday off for a chill out day I get back to work to find some arseholes loaded up a lovely pic of SBW on my computer as a wallpaper

ozbash

Referee
Bluey has backtracked on that accusation now, claiming he was 'misinformed.' Dunno what that means. Maybe he was buying a beer and got back to his seat to be told that or something, not sure.

What really hurts, is having a weekend when the Crusaders lost, the Warriors made history...and after having Friday off for a chill out day I get back to work to find some arseholes loaded up a lovely pic of SBW on my computer as a wallpaper

:lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
I find myself hating Bluey one minute, then sympathizing with the poor bloke, then loving him the next, to then hating him again… like a bad marriage…. unfortunately not enough loving this season… hopefully that will change this weekend.

jamaman

Juniors
I find myself hating Bluey one minute, then sympathizing with the poor bloke, then loving him the next, to then hating him again? like a bad marriage?. unfortunately not enough loving this season? hopefully that will change this weekend.

I look at it more of getting to know him more before I make a commitment! :crazy:

TheDMC

Bench
I find myself hating Bluey one minute, then sympathizing with the poor bloke, then loving him the next, to then hating him again? like a bad marriage?. unfortunately not enough loving this season? hopefully that will change this weekend.

Suggest you see a shrink, you're all over the place...