What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Bluey II

ozenzud

Juniors
Coupla points in Bluey's favour:

1. Manu a late withdrawl. The game plan at the back is based around Manu crashballing it back and getting the yardage off our line. Wingers on Saturday usually gained negative 5 metres.

2. Impact hit man Steve Rapira out in the warmup. Can't blame coach for that. Would have seriously upset game plan and rotation.

3. Sam Louisi already having played a game and making debut.....now this was a bit strange. Why did we not have fresh reserve? You could say, coaches fault here.

4. Omar just not up to it defensively.......one may ask why pick him then? So yes probably coaches fault.

Bluey on radio sport this morning took the blame. He admitted that there were some really poor reads in defence and that the young players were exposed...by the same play about 3 times....but however, it was up to him to fix it......I think we all knew that and expect that. Glad he admitted it but. It would have been poor to say it was up to someone else.

My biggest criticism of Bluey is his naivity. He has completely underestimated the difference between NRL and Superleague...or at least his statements indicate that. His statements early on talked about winning the premiership. In his first year?

I understand why the Warriors board were keen to get Bluey on board. But I think they underestimated how well Cleary had got into his coaching at the warriors. I am hugh Cleary fan. Bluey seems great bloke, but I reckon the warriors are 2 seasons away from being a good side with all the youth in this team. We unfortunately have to be patient while Bluey and the young Warriors team learn their trade.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I honestly believe management had nowhere to go in regards to hiring Bluey. They had a PR disaster on their hands if they had turned down the golden boy, the Kiwi boy done good.

I'd imagine people with more NRL experience (ie more than zero) probably applied.

Bob

Juniors
Coupla points in Bluey's favour:

4. Omar just not up to it defensively.......one may ask why pick him then? So yes probably coaches fault.
QUOTE]
Shame you guys couldn't keep Adam Henry, I liked the looks of him for the Roosters yesterday, defused a few bombs, scored a try that got called back, will be a really good player in years to come

Aragorn

First Grade
I feel a little calmer about our shameful loss on Saturday now. It helps that Bluey came out and admitted the blame is on him. Anything else would have been a PR disaster.

And I dont hold much hope for the rest of this season. What Bluey needs to do now is put himself on damage control. Admit his failures and the area's he and the team will work on for next season. I would go as far as giving the team an open book to go out there and play some expansive football for the remainder of the season and see where it gets them.

We have a mountain of talent that will take time to mould and groom. Bluey needs to pull his head in and realise this. This will take a couple of seasons at least. Between now and then, go get some NRL experience to boost the ranks. and they DONT HAVE TO BE KIWIS!

Mike0070

Juniors
Blame the coach.

I love this forum, its good therapy. :D
cant believe we gave away such a good lead - we were woeful on sat and don't deserve to be in the eight after that performance.maloney and Johnson have gone backwards from last year and I feel sorry for the 15k+ fans that turned up and had to sit through that rubbish- it's funny when things start going bad they turn round and tell the media that we are going through a development stage - how many stages are there ???

ozbash

Referee
But,,, we were brilliant for the first 30 odd minutes, then imploded.

Did we suddenly turn to crap or did we get " Bennetted" ?

SilentOne

Juniors
This side isn't an 80 minute side. We had this same problem last year under Ivan giving away good starts, in fact it's been a problem for a number of years.

vvvrulz

Coach
This side isn't an 80 minute side. We had this same problem last year under Ivan giving away good starts, in fact it's been a problem for a number of years.

Under Cleary we generally got the job done. Perhaps slacked off a bit at worst but none of the mid-game implosions we're seeing this year.

Aragorn

First Grade
But,,, we were brilliant for the first 30 odd minutes, then imploded.

Did we suddenly turn to crap or did we get " Bennetted" ?

I wonder if Bluey ever just rips into the team - like does a Hasler on them at 1/2 time. You have to think some of these guys might need a rocket up their arse to get them firing.

Meth

Staff member
In the first 20 minutes, we outplayed the Knights and in the last hour Bennett outcoached Bluey. I know that the players are the ones on the field, not Bluey, but I can hardly remember a game where such a contrast in coaching had such a crippling effect.

hitman82

Bench
I feel a little calmer about our shameful loss on Saturday now. It helps that Bluey came out and admitted the blame is on him. Anything else would have been a PR disaster.

And I dont hold much hope for the rest of this season. What Bluey needs to do now is put himself on damage control. Admit his failures and the area's he and the team will work on for next season. I would go as far as giving the team an open book to go out there and play some expansive football for the remainder of the season and see where it gets them.

We have a mountain of talent that will take time to mould and groom. Bluey needs to pull his head in and realise this. This will take a couple of seasons at least. Between now and then, go get some NRL experience to boost the ranks. and they DONT HAVE TO BE KIWIS!

Yeah, this for mine. After expecting us to be dominant this season, I've now realised how much our lack of experience (partly due to injuries) has impacted on our performances. We've totally lacked the composure and killer instinct required to put teams away. A team with the experience and attitude of the 2003 Warriors would have put 50 on the Knights on Saturday.

Brando

Juniors
Bluey,
The Chiefs just got through to the Super Rugby Grand Final with a Coach in his very first season. Go for a drive down to The Waikato and get some pointers!

Izz

Bench
Bluey,
The Chiefs just got through to the Super Rugby Grand Final with a Coach in his very first season. Go for a drive down to The Waikato and get some pointers!
Hire Wayne Smith as an assistant coach?

Blair

Coach
...A team with the experience and attitude of the 2003 Warriors would have put 50 on the Knights on Saturday.

Just on this point, at home last week in Christchurch I got to flicking through some of my old NZ Rugby League Annuals.

I did a double take when reviewing the 2002 & 2003 seasons, I couldn't believe some of those scores we racked up, and week after week!

We pulvarised sides (although we got done occasionally too).

Blair

Coach
Bluey,

You know you've had an average season when you start to bring in the union analogies. Even I had a lazy eye on the Crusaders tonight and felt an ever so slight sting when they lost*.

*let me qualify that comment by saying first and foremost it's for the suffering people of Christchurch.

Last edited:

jamaman

Juniors
Bluey,
Chiefs team is full of League Players...of course they will win

ozbash

Referee
You know you've had an average season when you start to bring in the union analogies. Even I had a lazy eye on the Crusaders tonight and felt an ever so slight sting when they lost*.

*let me qualify that comment by saying first and foremost it's for the suffering people of Christchurch.

Was a good game though, you have to admit.

SBW was magnificent, again...

Come in beaver...:cool: