What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dear Crikey aka whoever

Frenzy.

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...g-centre-wont-be-changing-20130917-2txa6.html

It's believed many computer keyboards have been destroyed over the years by Cronulla supporters venting their spleen on internet forum sites about the Sharks' long-serving centre Ben Pomeroy's tendency to push the envelope in critical moments of a game.

According to Pomeroy, that grit was ingrained in his game when he played for Cambridge Park in the Penrith juniors.

However, the 29-year-old, who joined the Sharks in 2006, won't apologise for adding starch to the Shane Flanagan-coached team that plays Manly in Friday's elimination final at Allianz Stadium.

"I like a physical game. I did like the shoulder charge and I'm a bit disappointed it's not there any more"

''Hopefully they think I'm hard to handle,'' Pomeroy said. ''I'm just out there doing my best. I'm not the flashiest centre in the game but I definitely like to think the opposition thinks they're going to get a tough game out of me.

''I like a physical game. I did like the shoulder charge and I'm a bit disappointed it's not there any more. Rugby league is a contact game and it does go wrong from time to time and I think every player in the game understands that it's just the way it is.''

Pomeroy, who played 10 top grade games for the Panthers before accepting an offer to join Cronulla because they needed more depth in the centres, said his attitude about the Sharks had changed dramatically.

''I didn't know much about them except Andrew Ettingshausen played here,'' he said. ''As a kid, I thought they were a team full of surfies because you'd play against blokes [in junior rep games] with long blond hair.''

Pomeroy received an extra reason to celebrate Cronulla's effort to make the finals after it's season of turmoil after being offered a new contract by the club's management.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...be-changing-20130917-2txa6.html#ixzz2fCQO6F5m

coolumsharkie

Referee
He's a confidence player, simple as that.

He has the " little girl with a curl, right in the middle of her forhead" syndrome :)

Card Shark

Immortal
I'd like to tie him up on a 3 year contract

1 by 1 works better for him.

He is a confidence player Coolum. Atm, confidence is high & he's making the right decisions in defence & not dropping the ball, not to mention scoring the occasional try & even setting them up.

That pass to Beau for the 7th tackle try was skilful. Matt Gidley would've been proud.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Onya Pom, glad to see him get another year. Im sure we didnt pay a fortune for him and given our lack of outside backs it cant be a bad thing IMO.

He's a confidence player, simple as that.

He has the " little girl with a curl, right in the middle of her forhead" syndrome :)

Love your reference Coolum, also agree he's a confidence player. Sometimes he reminds me of Bullwinkle "Don't know my own strength" as well, but since the Penrith game he's been playing sensible and has put his fears aside.

Quigs

Immortal
Tom .... I dont think there are that many in here that would know who Bullwinkle is.

SharkShocked

Bench
I wonder how many of these people who have been recently resigned... particularly those from 2011 are in any danger of the ASADA fall out?

Latest posts