What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Tim

sydraider

First Grade
Nope It was a Bradbury comp allright!

Sheens won 3 with the right cattle!

Tigers 05 a Flash in the Pan :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sydraider

First Grade
Dragonsforthewin said:
I just saw the last ten minutes, I think J Morris single handedly lost them the game :D

They never missed Scott Prince at all this season :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Thankyou Newcastle for allowing the Broncos to keep their finals streak alive.
I knew the result, but still couldnt believe a team could blow a lead like that.
But then i thought of the Broncos vs the Panthers in rnd 3 and i wasnt so shocked.

As for coach Sheens, well, all the hype about him and his 2005 success.....whats he done since then? SFA.

innsaneink

Referee
Final straw for me

16 players over 80 minutes....the guys last game for the club before he heads to the titans....bet he cant wait to piss off....hope Sheens aint far behind him

Nook

Bench
For the Sheens haters, three things: Wayne Pearce, Terry Lamb, 2005.

Our pathetic performances over the past couple of weeks have been because the players have dogged it, pure and simple.

That said Sheens had an absolute Barry this year for all the reasons mentioned and needs a kick up the arse.

There are plenty of things we can blame on him but the brutal bottom line is:

our best players have been ratsh*t for almost all of this year (Marshall, Hodgo, Whatuira)
our average players have been unable to replicate the form which saw them overachieve in 2005 (Halatau, Galea, Heighington, Gibbs, Payten, Gibbs)
our best rookie let's in twice as many tries as he scores (Lawrence)
and we've got a bevvy of fair weather footballers who are decent when things are nice and soft but hopeless when the going gets tough (Mr Harrison, come on down).
Fitzhenry.

Mixed in with some hopeless recruiting and some terrible selections (and a couple of unfortunate injuries) it has been a dog of a year all round. But I'd swap Sheens for one or two other coaches at most.

Cletus

First Grade
Don't know it's the coaches fault. Farrah is injured, Benji's playing like he's injured And Hodgson is a shadow of himself.
Bryce Gibbs would have to win dickhead of the year on his performance tonight. Why would you sit in the ruck shrugging your shoulders at the ref? Twice. I guess he'd have a bit on his mind at the moment.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's obvious Sheens did that just to be a merkin.

The reason Jeffery is going is because apparently his attitude isn't the best and he doesn't get along with Sheens. Nice way for Tim to say f**k off, don't ya think?

PATHETIC.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Prince is nothing without Benji. The titans are below the Tigers, are they not????

Face it. Wests is still a mix of 2 well intentioned strugglers. When a name player comeson the market, Wests chequebook doesn't even get a look in. Brett Hodgeson remains the clubs biggest signing this decade, Whatuira the only other big name to wander over.

That's not criticism, either. You lot would hate to be Easts or Manly. Wests just are not a big player in the market.

With that in mind, Sheens leadership has been, IMHO, a great benefit to your club. Wests generally turn up to play, and have developed Marshall and Farah into world beaters. Under previous coaches, Wests were a gift 2 points and 3 broken noses per game.

And then there's that permiership. Calling Sheens a crap coach is simply Tigers fans catching the Penrith/Newcastle Influenza. Parra, Saints, Cowpats, Raiders, Sharks and Bunnies fans would have given their right arms to have won that trophy.

lucablight

First Grade
To the people saying the tigers were potential premiership material this year I disagree. I always thought Prince was going to be very hard to replace as was Skandalis and I was surprised at how long the Tigers managed to stay in the 8. I just don't think you had the cattle this year.
A few years ago it would have been a sin to say it but I don't think Marshall is anywhere near as good a player as Prince.

smeghead

Bench
Will save the post mortem for a time when i am less shattered than I am tonight.

Plenty of time to go through and try and work out what went wrong this year.

Nook

Bench
I also have a hard time with the "Tigers were a top 4 team on paper" thing.

Our 2005 team was a mile better than this years and in 2005 we were barely a top 4 team.

We finished exactly where we were entitled to finish (on paper): in an almighty sh*tfight for one of the last two or three spots in the 8.

sydraider

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Final straw for me

16 players over 80 minutes....the guys last game for the club before he heads to the titans....bet he cant wait to piss off....hope Sheens aint far behind him
:lol: :lol:

I been waiting all year for this, Where the f**k is Eddie?

P.S I know with this result that the Raiders are well in contention for the Spoon but if it means you Jerkoffs dont make the semi's Im willing to wear it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: