What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeBellin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lied to the club when questioned and hid from the police

He broke the COVID rules as mandated by the NRL after other players from other clubs had previously broken the COVID rules.

Arrogant, stupid, self centred Moron.

Unfortunately he is not the only Moron in our playing ranks.
And how many of them other players were sacked by their clubs?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
He lied to the club when questioned and hid from the police

He broke the COVID rules as mandated by the NRL after other players from other clubs had previously broken the COVID rules.

Arrogant, stupid, self centred Moron.

Unfortunately he is not the only Moron in our playing ranks.
Doesn't the above apply to others that were there as well....Im sure others lied hid or took off, broke Covid rules are arrogant stupid self centred morons .....so then we should sack them all ????

Understand your frustration

I am upset we have lost PV too.

But he has breached his contract 3 times.

Every player that lied to the police and or the NRL deserve the same medicine for bringing our club into disrepute.
Mate, not upset about Vaughan....have been a fan of his, but it is his own doing, 3 strikes. Just think it is harsh people saying Jack should be sacked too, after 1 strike.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
So your first line is alluding to what exactely.....
It's a correct observation of how our legal system works. A person may enjoy the presumption of innocence but they arent found "innocent" - they are found "not guilty" and as such, the presumption stands.

But that's still different to being proven innocent or as in this situation, not even reaching the threshold of not guilty.

For the record, I don't think the prior case should factor into calculations here. But I do think the fact the club stood by him and subsequently upgraded his contract means he should be indebted to them beyond what his behaviour has demonstrated.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It's a correct observation of how our legal system works. A person may enjoy the presumption of innocence but they arent found "innocent" - they are found "not guilty" and as such, the presumption stands.

But that's still different to being proven innocent or as in this situation, not even reaching the threshold of not guilty.

For the record, I don't think the prior case should factor into calculations here. But I do think the fact the club stood by him and subsequently upgraded his contract means he should be indebted to them beyond what his behaviour has demonstrated.
Thanks for your comments....my point in all of this sorry saga is not a defence of Jack Debelin I have been scathing in condemnation of ALL of these guilty players for their mindless selfish actions that have brought shame on our club....and I agree, and you are correct his behaviour has not demonstrated that he wants do the right thing for his club in this instance ..I have never disputed that.....but I just think for some on here and in the media that they are bringing into calculations his prior case history of which the charges were dropped.....basically all we have heard since this story broke is Paul Vaughan and in the same breath Jack DeBelin.....

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
.....basically all we have heard since this story broke is Paul Vaughan and in the same breath Jack DeBelin.....
Yeah that's a fair point. There's no doubt in my mind there was a bevy of sub-editors positively wetting themselves at the slug line possibilities with suggestions JDB hid beneath a bed.

But I think part of it too is that for some right but mostly wrong reasons, he has a profile that others don't have. Even non-NRL fans recognise the name and that's going to drive a lot more clicks than "Kaide who?"

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Thats the only point I was really making , It gives the club a very easy out especially if his form is not up to scratch
Good point. And a similar one to made by one of the Fox talking heads as well in that PV was dumped and JDB was not because he's a better player. The club was rumoured to want to move PV on - he just made it very easy for them to do so.

I'd imagine the same may occur with JDB in the case of a future breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts