What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeBellin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALSGI

Bench
I said on here before his recent court dramas that he was the dumbest footballer I ever met and he just keeps on proving me right. Unfortunately he’s demonstrated some other traits on top of being dumb. Never wanted him back and hope the club can get rid of him along with a few others.

Old Timer

Coach
Anybody now wanting to "edit" their posts over the last 2 weeks or so?

JDB is a dumb f**ker and only brings the club into disrepute by being there.

Won't be long before the parents of our juniors will be running off to other clubs to see if they can shift them over to get them away from him.

If we retain him in the end he will cost us much much more than the 2.5 years he didn't play.

mickeylane

Bench
Anybody now wanting to "edit" their posts over the last 2 weeks or so?

JDB is a dumb f**ker and only brings the club into disrepute by being there.

Won't be long before the parents of our juniors will be running off to other clubs to see if they can shift them over to get them away from him.

If we retain him in the end he will cost us much much more than the 2.5 years he didn't play.
I reckon Debelin decision is w the clubs lawyers ensuring they have every base covered before they sack him - I reckon he's that close to being gone......its a $3M decision the club has to get it right..

Smirrors

Juniors
Yes unless they have given him a warning to not misbehave. That said I dont think they can legally use his court case against him. But this would certainly but his last chance.

He should be counting his blessings and keeping a low profile. Always thought his re-signing was a bad move on the club (similar to Broncs Lodge contract) and wouldn't happen in todays climate.

Gareth67

First Grade
I reckon Debelin decision is w the clubs lawyers ensuring they have every base covered before they sack him - I reckon he's that close to being gone......its a $3M decision the club has to get it right..

Most unfortunately you are bang on about that mickey . I was thinking the same yesterday , that regardless of how the Dragons had stood by him over the last few years ( plus ludicrously increased his contract ? ? ? ) that he would run straight to his solicitor , to ensure that he would not be out of pocket should he receive the silver bullet .

"Compulsory Extracurricular club service" lol where are you going to send some of these plonkers? Unless they run coaching clinics at Long Bay!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
To everyone saying Jack should've been sacked too....on what grounds? Hiding under a bed and lying about his presence? Bit harsh.

What else has he done? Or have you forgotten he wasn't found guilty for sexual assault?
You don't think that his lying and the conspiracy he would have been part of to pervert the course of the investigation resulting in the club issuing an embarrassingly incorrect statement strongly denying he was in attendance at the party is serious?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
To everyone saying Jack should've been sacked too....on what grounds? Hiding under a bed and lying about his presence? Bit harsh.

What else has he done? Or have you forgotten he wasn't found guilty for sexual assault?
I agree with you.....lets get the record straight I dont condone what Jack did as far as attending the gathering hes as big a fool as the rest of them showing a complete disrespect for the Covid situation and his club....yes he was 100% wrong and made worse by lying to authorities and his club......as far as hiding under a bed where did that come from ..was he found by the police under a bed apparently not....so where did that rumor start that its gathered so much publicity....did they mention by name other players that were supposibly hiding in cupboards or wardrobes.....I havnt heard of any..........no question the club did stand by Debelin when he went through his court case no arguement there ,but for some to align this incident with his past few years where he was charged with sexual assault but not found guilty, is wrong.....therefore.why is he being linked to this supposibly toxic culture in our team because of his past publicity and now what happened at the Vaughan house...if some are calling for his sacking then we may as well sack all of those in attendance ......I dont know Jack personaly although I have met him and im not supporting his stupid and disrespectful behaviour on the weekend but to label him as part of the trouble culture in the team and calling for his sacking is a bit harsh......this bloke was totally in the wrong to which he has been fined by The State, The NRL and now his Club.... imo its time to move on

Last edited:
You don't think that his lying and the conspiracy he would have been part of to pervert the course of the investigation resulting in the club issuing an embarrassingly incorrect statement strongly denying he was in attendance at the party is serious?
I never said it wasn't serious, said it isn't a sackable offence. If lying to the NRL was sackable, there would only be enough players to fill 8 teams now.

Lats13

Juniors
Honestly if I owned a business he would get one chance but now two. When he makes a third are u gonna defend him. He may be innocent of so called offences but why is he always there?

Honestly if I owned a business he would get one chance but now two. When he makes a third are u gonna defend him. He may be innocent of so called offences but why is he always there?
So you want to sack him for being somewhere, even if is innocent?

Two previous chances? This is his first indiscretion. What are you alluding to as his first indiscretion?

Last edited:

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Getting a massive bump on his contract rubbed me the wrong way at the time. But to then compound that kind of mercenary behaviour with this and I would not have been disappointed to see the back of him.

Lats13

Juniors
So you want to sack him for being somewhere, even if is innocent?

Two previous chances? This is his first indiscretion. What are you alluding to as his first indiscretion?
Like I said where's there's smoke there's fire. Do u own a business? Would u employ someone that always in headlines for wrong reasons? Just saying. If u were his coach what would u expect out of your employee? Club stuck by him then this for real?

He lied to the club when questioned and hid from the police

He broke the COVID rules as mandated by the NRL after other players from other clubs had previously broken the COVID rules.

Arrogant, stupid, self centred Moron.

Unfortunately he is not the only Moron in our playing ranks.

Gaygo

Juniors
I am sure there would be a clause in his contract concerning bringing the club into disrepute. It will be interesting to see if or when the club may pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts