What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decision time arrives for Mortimer

IFR33K

Coach
I personally believe he will sign on with the dogs.

If he was that happy here, and wanted to stay on, he wouldn't need to go away to decide.

Anyway, if he doesn't sign now with the dogs, he probably will later on.

Nothing against Morts, but I think KK and Mateo should be priority.

BTW, I do believe it will be a mistake if he does go to the the dogs.
Without establishing himself as a first grader, the weight of expectation at the dogs, might be a bit much.

bartman

Immortal
If Mortimer announces he's leaving us for the Bulldogs for money, then he can carry the oranges as far as I'm concerned. A handful of first grade games under his belt, and already he's apparently weighing up other offers.

Keating and Robson will serve us nicely enough thanks. And we can use the money earmarked for Mortimer on some guys that would value the jersey a little more...

dogs4life

Juniors
IMO I think he will stay with Parra why would you sign at the beginning of the season with another club knowing you will be the most hated player in the club and also jepordise your season. I think he is too young to deal with that. If he was going to sign with the dogs surely he would have waited till at least mid season to make an announcement.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
did anyone just watch the dragons prelim final replay on fox?

after mateo got the hook at the 70th minute, if it wasn't for a burt field goal and some fancy hayne footwork, mateo could have been gone already.

bit of a sliding doors moment i thought

Fee

Juniors
I'm comfortable with whatever happens. One thing for sure that I don't want the club to pay overs and jeopardise re-signing Mateo or KK.

I definately agree there, I would be happy to have him for a few more years , as long as it doesnt affect us keeping Mateo and KK.

natheel

Coach
who says he's actually gone away to 'decide'
? i mean he could be going away to get away b4 the season

in all honesty i think KK will end up at thje dogs and for me im not worried about that

lingard

Coach
Thanks for taking the time. Look as I said I really do hope the kid kicks on and BECOMES a superstar. I dont really care where he does this from but of course I would prefer it to be with the eels. As long as the kid is happy.
There is a huge amount of pressure on the kid, if he plays well then the 'hype' will be justified and I will be the first to offer my congrats.
I just hope , if we sign him and he doesnt live up to expectations, then we as fans dont turn on him because you can bet - the media who pumped him up certainly will !
He is a very level headed young man who doesnt seem to be afraid of hard work. If the old adage about success being 99% perspiration is true, he should go far.....

Never a truer word said. It`s absolutely disgusting. What I find the worst is that the media presume to tell 'the masses' what we think. They attempt to form our opinions for us; they tell us what we think and what we like, what we don`t like; what we want. They love nothing better than to build someone into a messiah and then crucify him. You have to be constantly on guard against the media, or they will subtley influence your thinking.
This kid is just a footballer who has had one good (not brilliant) half season in a team that was really on a roll. Let`s see what he does this year.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
did anyone just watch the dragons prelim final replay on fox?

after mateo got the hook at the 70th minute, if it wasn't for a burt field goal and some fancy hayne footwork, mateo could have been gone already.

bit of a sliding doors moment i thought

You`re absolutely right. And for me, that sums up his career to date - moments of absolute brilliance mixed with moments of absolute stupidity.
BUT: did you notice the improvement in him as the finals series progressed?
I think Daniel Anderson is the coach who can finally temper Mateo`s play and mould him into a world-beater. I believe that Mateo will be our stand- out player this year, taking the limelight from Jarryd Hayne. I think he will play State of Origin too. I`m not one to make predictions or talk players up too much, but I really think this will be Mateo`s year.
If it doesn`t work out that way I give permission to the small minority who have that special way with words, to call me AN IDIOT.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
I was having trouble with my computer.
So I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.

Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong? He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired,
'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.

'Eric grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

'No', I replied.'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down:

I D 1 0 T

I used to like Eric, the little bastard.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was having trouble with my computer.
So I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.

Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong? He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired,
'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.

'Eric grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

'No', I replied.'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down:

I D 1 0 T

I used to like Eric, the little bastard.

:lol:

it's like the P E B K A C...problem.

Latest posts