What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defqon vs dragons dilema

I'm not sure how many of you know about a music festival on this Saturday at Penrith, on an island, 17,000 people will be going...

I bought tickets for this Months ago and it turns out to be on the same time as Dragons Semi final game against Brisbane!

I'm in a real dilemma hear!

Anyone here going to DEFQON that has same problem?

_Johnsy

Referee
easy, the festival willl be on again, we may never get to play an elimination final at suncorp again.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
same problem as in:

1. you want to go to brisbane instead?
2. you are in sydney, but the time clashes.

if it's option 2, surely you can find somewhere with a TV..? or even get someone with an iphone?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
on an island, in penriffff? Im confused lollllll
Its at the regatta center that was made for the olympics.

It's an island in the middle of a swamp, it's certainly no tahiti haha.

Why on earth you'd wanna goto one of those drug fests is beyond me anyway. In any case, its a day festival, doesn't it finish at around 8? Just leave earlier and goto the pub with your glow sticks, fish nets and fluro shirt.

But LOL @ calling it the woodstock of your generation. The only thing they'll have in common is the prevalence of drugs.

Last edited:
Its at the regatta center that was made for the olympics.

It's an island in the middle of a swamp, it's certainly no tahiti haha.

Why on earth you'd wanna goto one of those drug fests is beyond me anyway. In any case, its a day festival, doesn't it finish at around 8? Just leave earlier and goto the pub with your glow sticks, fish nets and fluro shirt.

But LOL @ calling it the woodstock of your generation. The only thing they'll have in common is the prevalence of drugs.

lol that's what im worried about finishs at 10, if by some chance i do get too a TV before the game finish's i dont think i have much of a chance to make out whats going on on the tv haha

I'll just have to get updates via sms

Firey_Dragon

Coach
lol that's what im worried about finishs at 10, if by some chance i do get too a TV before the game finish's i dont think i have much of a chance to make out whats going on on the tv haha

I'll just have to get updates via sms
1. You can get off-head, listen to sh*tty music and not care
2. You can listen to sh*tty music whilst not on drugs and be bored out of your mind
3. You can not go.

Thems your options. Personally, 3 is the only option I'd ever consider irrespective of whether Saints were playing or not.

1. You can get off-head, listen to sh*tty music and not care
2. You can listen to sh*tty music whilst not on drugs and be bored out of your mind
3. You can not go.

Thems your options. Personally, 3 is the only option I'd ever consider irrespective of whether Saints were playing or not.

Ok buddy we get it that your 40 years old and have no social life

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
actually, for some of us, the dragons offers an awesome way to have a social life...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Ok buddy we get it that your 40 years old and have no social life
I'm 40? No I'm actually in my 30's and attend probably upwards of 15 concerts/festivals a year. I just don't see the fun in or need to take drugs to enjoy myself. Which is all those festivals are for. I'm even what you'd classify as Gen Y.

But enjoy your woodstock, I'm sure you'll look back on it when you are 50 or 60 and still say it was one of the greatest festivals ever ;-)

jargan83

Coach
Tape the game and avoid all news broadcasts and not pay any attention to your phone until you have watched it?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
if you go that option, make sure you avoid all public chatter.. someone will spill the beans...

pacman.gif
pacman.gif

if you go that option, make sure you avoid all public chatter.. someone will spill the beans...

pacman.gif
pacman.gif

I know i wont be able to control myself, i'll just want to look up the score as soon as i get home... i am going to be so heartbroken if i come home and see news report "dragons gone for 2009" that would be f**king devastating...