What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DeGois Offside

Wicks

Juniors
:crazy:

Isaac DeGois was offside in the leadup to Brett Kimmorleys try near the posts

Take a look if you have it He is in front of the kicker on both kicks and within ten metres of the ball He is more like within five metres

A huge miss by Bill Harrigan It went to the video referee and he had all the time in the world to see it

Among all the errors in the game and their attempts to even the score why did they pick Cronulla and former Cronulla residents as match officials :?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
:crazy:

Isaac DeGois was offside in the leadup to Brett Kimmorleys try near the posts

Take a look if you have it He is in front of the kicker on both kicks and within ten metres of the ball He is more like within five metres

A huge miss by Bill Harrigan It went to the video referee and he had all the time in the world to see it

Among all the errors in the game and their attempts to even the score why did they pick Cronulla and former Cronulla residents as match officials :?

I didn't see that but if you say so I'll go with it for now.

However, can you honestly say the forward pass call on Simmons no try was correct?

Whatever colours you had on today you'll have gripes. That's a fact attributable to an atrocious display of refereeing and touch judging. Maybe some of the worst of the year. That bloke on the eastern side in the first half must be crosseyed. He called 2 forward passes on the Sharks that weren't. He wasn't even in line

The penalty on Kimmorley was a joke. The strip was a joke.

The adjudicating was bad all over the park and both ways.

Rexxy

Coach
tough night at the office for us Frenz. I watched through my fingers as the game slipped away. I think the coaches may have been the diffrence.It'll be different next year. Although If we meet in this years semis, I'll have my money on Saints.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
However, can you honestly say the forward pass call on Simmons no try was correct?
Can you honestly say the strip call before it was legit? What about the late charge penalty which delivered the two points?

We could go on all night.

I think we can agree that the refs were at their crapulous best.

I say we go back to the 1800s when there were no referees, and differences were sorted out in a more gentlemanly manner.

Wicks

Juniors

You wouldnt have had the ball due to the strip penalty so that is moot It was one of those attempts to even up the score

The game was horrible to watch with all the wrestling and slow play but then the Sharks wouldnt be a a top eight side without it so good luck to you

Up to the NRL to do something about it #-o

Frenzy.

Post Whore
tough night at the office for us Frenz. I watched through my fingers as the game slipped away. I think the coaches may have been the diffrence.It'll be different next year. Although If we meet in this years semis, I'll have my money on Saints.

Well Rexxy, if that had of gone to GP and ended in a draw I'd of been satisfied.

I was pretty much entertained by the game to be honest. I didn't expect 100 tries with these 2 teams.

I think your dudes were well coached. The tactic of the short and early kicks had the potential to kill us off. It was a well thought out ploy as The Water Boy at least knew that going to the middle wouldn't of been smart and he knew Misi and The Great Cov play in the line and up inside.

Then, on the other side, our resilience to hang in and not fold was nice to see.

A lot will be said about the Sharks lack of attack but hey, who was going to get through the Drags regularly tonight? They had a great scramble, great confrontation at the line and great commitment. As did our guys in defence

Not a bad game IMO

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Can you honestly say the strip call before it was legit? What about the late charge penalty which delivered the two points?

We could go on all night.

I think we can agree that the refs were at their crapulous best.

I say we go back to the 1800s when there were no referees, and differences were sorted out in a more gentlemanly manner.

:lol:

Can you honestly say you read my whole post Will? I already acknowledged those decisions as jokes.

Crapulous best. Nice description.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BTW

I disassociate myself from any trolls that come in here tonight :)
lol. Well times change.

There you sharks8601, you have been formally told to get stuffed by someone who I know to be the Leonardo of trolling. Imagine what it gets like when you leave school.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You wouldnt have had the ball due to the strip penalty so that is moot It was one of those attempts to even up the score

The game was horrible to watch with all the wrestling and slow play but then the Sharks wouldnt be a a top eight side without it so good luck to you

Up to the NRL to do something about it #-o

Like Willow said, we could go back and forth all night throwing crap decisions back at each other.

Just take the ref and touchies out of it and what we saw was a game of attrition between 2 defensively committed side.

Maybe we get used to not seeing tries out our way. I think we are resigned to that whilst ever the handbrake in the 7 is around

But that was a good contest IMO.

Just quietly, we weren't the only side hanging about and wrestling in the ruck. Beugenius Scott got penalised once. Should of been 10 times.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
lol. Well times change.

There you sharks8601, you have been formally told to get stuffed by someone who I know to be the Leonardo of trolling. Imagine what it gets like when you leave school.

Da Vinci to you :)

Rexxy

Coach
See I told you Frenzy was misunderstood :)

He's now a senior statesman over at the Sharks Forum - and he aint even a Mason

lol. Well times change.

Wicks

Juniors
Maybe we get used to not seeing tries out our way. I think we are resigned to that whilst ever the handbrake in the 7 is around

But that was a good contest IMO.

Just quietly, we weren't the only side hanging about and wrestling in the ruck. Beugenius Scott got penalised once. Should of been 10 times.

It is not what rugby league is about

The Dragons were down on troops so they came down to your level from the start You have to remain competitive in the rucks but the wrestling in all your games is a lot higher than the Dragons

You guys are still learning to wrestle to the level of Melbourne and Manly which makes it all a lot worse to watch

dragondad

First Grade
My son, fellow Saints' tragic and referee, called the offside straight away. One thing I can say about him is he usually supports the refs if the rest of us don't - despite him having one red eye and one white eye! When it went to video ref Billy, he was very confident that it would be disallowed............and then very disappointed with Billy's decision.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well I've just ran back the tape and watched it in slomo and I looked at:

1. The 'Gallen ball strip' incident leading to the 'Sharks forward pass / disallowed try' incident.
2. The 'Setu charge down' incident.
3. The 'De Gois offside' incident.

1. I can say that Gallen did not effectively strip the ball as claimed by Alexander on the commentary. Gallen was in the push etc, but the ball simply popped out - a result of the arms involved and poor ball security. Of course one of those arms belonged to a Saints player but it looked to me like the video ref was searching for a reason to give a penalty. I have always been opposed to video refs deciding on strips and I think this is a classic case of over officiating.
Take away this poor decision and Sharks would never have been in a position to have a try disallowed in the next ruck.

2. There should never have been a penalty against Setu for hitting Kimmorley after he kicked. The tackler was doing his best to pull up, but the laws of physics got in the way. The officials saw it differently and gave a penalty to the Sharks right in front of the posts. IMO this was the worst decision of the game.

3. Wicks is right. As we understand the rule, De Gois was offside, he was in front the kicker and within 10m of the defence. I think the rule is flawed but the fact is we have seen these tries disallowed many times in the past.

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
2. There should never have been a penalty against Setu for hitting Kimmorley after he kicked. The tackler was doing his best to pull up, but the laws of physics got in the way. The officials saw it differently and gave a penalty to the Sharks right in front of the posts. IMO this was the worst decision of the game.

This was the turning point in the match for mine. That decision, along with 2 kicks out on the full in the 2nd half cost us the match.

All in all I was very proud of the lads again tonight, they are really showing some resillience this season. With that kind of commitment and a bit of luck with injuries I can see us giving the finals a real shake this season. We are no longer the favourites and we are no longer the "soft" Dragons.

Latest posts